OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a new and interesting suit of body armor to sell to Mandalorian FU or Mandalorians wanting to better understand FU.
Image Source: Here, Here
Canon Link: NA
Primary Source: Witchblood Bracers
Manufacturer: House Larraq Plate and Blade
Model: B'runi'verd Nynir Pel'gam "Soul Soldier's Striker Skin"
Affiliation: Closed Market
- Imbued Mandalorian Steel Plates with Rune Engravings
- Jal Shey Enchanted Armorweave Fabric
- Imbued Catra'diamtr Belly Scales
- Imbued Hra'nadetr Jair'Galaar Leather
- Blue Stone (or Kasha Crystal) Gemstone
Classification: Medium Body Armor
Resistances: Metal Plates / Scale-mail / Cloth and Leather
- Blasters: Very High / Very High / High
- Kinetic (Piercing): Very High / Very High / High
- Kinetic (Bludgeoning): High / Average / Low
- Lightsabers: High / High / Average
- Mental Attacks: High (with helmet on) / None (with helmet off)
- Detection via Force Related Means: Very High
- Imbued Mandalorian Steel Plates with Force Stealth Rune Engravings
- Imbued Hra'nadetr Jair'Galaar Leather Belt, Boots, and Armor Backing
- Jal Shey Enchanted Armorweave Fabric Pants and Jacket with Force Reflex effect
- Imbued Catra'diamtr Belly Scale Arm and Torso Armor
- Imbued Mandalorian Steel Sabatons with Touch of the Kiin'Dray Rune Engravings
- Imbued Mandalorian Steel Gloves with integrated Crushgaunt mechanism and Shadowstrike Rune Engravings
- Imbued Mandalorian Steel Helmet with a Blue Stone Gemstone and Mental Shielding Rune Engravings
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
Armor for those who are naturally force sensitive do not have the Blue Stone Gemstone inlaid into the helmet. Instead, armor for these individuals incorporates a Kasha Crystal Gemstone inlay.
- Above average damage resistance, particularly Lightsaber resistances
- Can grant (weak) force abilities to non FU (when wearing helmet)
- Good protection from mental attacks (when wearing helmet)
- Greatly enhances reflexes
- Allows the wearer to 'walk on walls' (but man is it murder on the ankles and calves)
- Protects the wearer from being detected via the Force
- Allows the wearer to 'punch' an opponent from medium ranges with a force based attack that is not effected by armor or shields
- Not even close to being void sealed
- Lacks electronics of any type
- No mechanical enhancements of any type
- Fabric provides little to no protection from kinetic force (aka, a blade wont cut through, but it will still hurt)
- Fabric doesn't do much to stop armor piercing bullets
- Upper legs and pelvic area has weakest protection
- Helmet offers no eye shielding and sports a somewhat open-faced design
- Offers no actual stealth in the traditional sense (visual, sound, and electronic means)
- 'Force assisted, ranged punching' is halted by force barriers
- Resistances reduced while within a Force Nullification field
- No special/mystic abilities while within a Force Nullification field
A suit of armor intended for use by Runi'verd who have become more comfortable with their abilities, Striker Skin, while superficially very similar to Second Skin, forgoes the emphasis on protection and instead focuses upon offensive or otherwise tactically minded enhancements. Chief among these abilities would be the somewhat odd enchantment that enables the wearer to effect targets and objects at range as if they were striking said target with their fists. Like many other force based attacks, this ability is unaffected by personal armor and shields. It is, however, unable to penetrate force barriers.
Like most armor designed by House Larraq Plate and Blade, Striker Skin offers an almost primitive aesthetic design. When worn, the first layer of this armor would be the armorweave padded cloth pants and a simple leather belt to secure the pants at the waist. Over this, knee high leather boots with armor plating is worn. Upon the torso, the wearer then adorns himself with a simple cloth undershirt with long sleeves that is kept tucked into the outfit's pants. Above this, tight fitting scale armor is adorned in three pieces. The first and second piece are arm guards that run from the wrist all the way to the shoulder blades on each arm. These are secured in place with leather straps at the chest and back. Next, a scale mail jerkin is draped over the wearer's shoulders and secured with leather straps upon either of the wearer's flanks until tight.
Next, the wearer adorns himself with a sleeveless armorweave jacket that extends just past the knees and is secured at the waist with a thick leather belt. This jacket comes with an open-chested design that is secured with overly thick leather straps. The wearer then connects these leather straps to thick leather armor padding that is draped over the wearer's shoulders and around the back of their neck. After this, two thick metal plates are secured upon the chest and over the shoulders. These two plates are fastened to each other with latches and the chest piece is secured with a thick leather strap around the back. Lastly, several sections of leather armor reinforced with metal plating are strapped onto the upper and lower arms, and a pair of gloves is adorned.
Edited by Mishka Larraq, 20 June 2018 - 07:55 PM.