- Intent: To create a uniform sword for the Knights Obsidian of the CIS
- Image Source:
- Canon Link: n/a
- Primary Source: n/a
- Manufacturer: The Confederacy of Independent Systems
- Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems | Knights Obsidian
- Model: KOS01
- Modularity: No.
- Material: Songsteel, sword components, powdered purple lightsaber crystals (decorative), various metals and circuity for the shield generator.
- Classification: Sword
- Size: Average
- Weight: Light
- Sword is intended purely for members of the Knights Obsidian. To wield one is to announce your membership/recruitment upon the field of battle.
- A button on the hilt of the sword will generate a molecularshield in front or to the side of the wielder. The shield absorbs the damage that hits it.
- Blade is highly resistant to lightsaber attacks.
- Songsteel makes the blade light to wield.
- Shield includes safety precaution to shut down before overload.
- Songsteel is difficult to forge, so it's be harder to fix.
- The decorative powdered crystals on the blade shine in the dark, making the wielder visible to any enemies that may be around if blade is not sheathed.
- 0.015% chance of the shield's safety precaution to fail, causing the shield to explode.
- Whether hit or not hit, the shield only lasts 15 seconds at a time, and requires at least three minutes to charge up again.
The Knight Obsidian Sword is the latest of weapons produced by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. After creating armors, ranged weapons, and lightsabers for the Knights Obsidian and with the impending rumors of dangers ahead, it was time to add more to the KO arsenal, and thus, the sword was made.
Following the same design lines of the Obsidian Type Strike Armor, the Archivists of the KO took to make sure that the sword would serve more than a way to cause damage; it had to provide some protection as well without adding to the weight that most KO members already wear upon their bodies on the field of battle.
Despite the costs, the blade was chosen to be made out Songsteel. Light, highly resistant to lightsabers, it was the perfect metal to use for the Knights. Decorations were added by use of powdered purple crystals, but these were more for visual effect than actual battle enhancement. While the blade itself remained basic in appearances, a button was added that could generate the molecular shield.
Whether a fresh recruit or a veteran leader, the Knight Obsidian Sword is available to all within the Knights Obsidian, and its usage heavily encouraged.
Edited by Scherezade deWinter, 21 October 2018 - 12:51 AM.