Intent: To create a Thyrsian Cruiser for the Golden Company, and later Thyrsian Hierarchy.
Image Source: Eve Online Amarr Empire - Prophecy - EvE Online Website [x]
Canon Link: Not Applicable.
Primary Source: Repurposed Canon Articles, Hyperion Solar Lances [x,] Eos Sutained Solar Lances [x,] Barca Pressor Beams [x.]
Manufacturer: Republic Engineering Corporation, The Thyrsian Hierarchy, The Golden Company. (Select, and Contracted Foundries.)
Model: TTH/SQE-002 "Bellerophontes" - Class Quinquereme.
Affiliation: The Thyrsian Hierarchy, The Golden Company, Closed-Market.
Production: Minor-Scale Production.
Material: Durasteel, Flexisteel, Armourplast, Reinforced Duraplast, Manganese Brass, Glasteel, Turadium, Dallorian Alloy, Haysian Smelt, Kiirium, Agrinium, Various Starship Components (Internal and External.)
Role: Sector Patrol Vessel, Pocket Battleship, Combat Cruiser, Pocket Carrier, Frontline Warship, Command Ship, Etc.
Length: 920 Metres.
Width: 360 Metres.
Height: 180 Metres.
Armament: High Rating.
-  Spinal-Mounted Hypervelocity Cannon [Fixed-Forward.]
-  Eos Sustained Solar Lances [Bow, Port, and Starboard. Ignores Conventional Shielding.]
-  Hyperion Solar Lance Batteries [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked. Ignores Conventional Shielding.]
-  Dual Mass-Driver Turrets [Railgun Variant, Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Dual Ion Cannon Turrets [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Space-Mine Ejectors [Stern Affixed, Variable Payloads*]
-  Turreted Concussion Missile Turrets [Variable Warhead Payloads.**]
-  Automated Flak Cannon Turrets [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Automated Quad-Laser Cannon Turrets [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Automated Rotary Point Defense Cannons [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Automated Antimissile Octets [Fast-Track mountings, Fire-Linked.]
* Variable Mine(s) Loadout: Gravity/Interdiction Mines, Heat-seeking Laser Mines, Seismic Mines, Antimatter Micromines, Concussion Mines, Ion Mines, Vigilante Mines, Empion Mines, Etc.
** Variable Warhead Loadout: Assault Concussion Missiles, Seeker Concussion Missiles, Homing Proton Torpedoes, Magpulse Torpedoes, Interdiction Missiles, Planetary Hex Missiles, Assault Cluster Missiles, Intruder Missiles, Etc.
Defenses: Moderate Rating.
- Standard and Reinforced [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Hull and Armour Plating.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Deflector Shield (Ray and Particle; Overlaid.)
- Secondary [Cruiser-Class, Military Grade] Deflector Shield (Ray and Particle; Overlaid.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Ionic Shielding.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Reactionary Pressor Beam Emitters.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Internal Anticoncussion Field Generators.
- Overhauled [Cruiser-Class, Military Grade] Kiirium Mirror Shields (Automated, and Slide-able Girder Mounts.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] ECM, and Countermeasures (Including Chaff and Flare Launchers.)
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Internal Defenses (Blast Doors, Concealed Autoblasters, Etc.)
Hangar: One Squadron of Starfighters - Low Rating.
Support Hangar: Two Squadrons of Support or Auxiliary Craft (Shuttles, Transports, Etc.)
Maneuverability Rating: 65 DPF - Average Rating.
Speed Rating: Low Rating.
MGLT: 40 MGLT
Maximum Atmospheric Speed: 640 Km/H
Primary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1.0
Secondary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 8.0
Engine Unit(s): Cruiser - Class Ion Engines - Seven Drive Units.
Secondary Propulsion: Retractable Solar Soils.
Primary Power Plant: Cruiser- Class Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor.
Secondary Power Plant: Solar Ionization Conversion Module(s) with Retractable Agrinium Collection Arrays.
Passengers: 900 Soldiers - Three Planetary Assault Battalions, 250 Soldiers - Shipboard Security Complement.
Crew Complement (Optimal): Ninety-Six Officers, Enlisted Personnel, and Chattel Ratings (Slaves.)
Crew Complement (Skeletal): Forty Officers, Enlisted Personnel, and Chattel Ratings (Slaves.)
Escape Craft: Twenty-Six Saviour Pods and Eight Ejectable Lifeboats.
Cargo Capacity: 2,500 Metric Tonnes (Vehicles and Cargo.)
Consumables: Two Years - Galactic Standard.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Damage Control and Hazard Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Life Support Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Navigational and Avionics Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Sensors and Targeting Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Communications Systems, Holonet Transceiver and Encryption/Decryption Networks with Thyrsian Military Keys.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Environmental Control Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Tractor Beam Emitters.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Emergency Maneuvering Thrusters.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Anti-Ion Emission Tracer (Anti-Hyperspace Tracking.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Relativistic and Shift Shielding.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Force Cylinder Transit Generators.
- HIMS - Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainer.
- Central Computer Core (Integrated Droid Brains.)
- Internal Shield Generators.
- Internal Reactor Bulb(s).
- Internal Command Bridge.
- Anti-Ordnance EM Probes (Long-Range.)
- Aural-Biological-Chemical Scrambler Probes (Long-Range.)
- Missile Deactivation Transmitter (Short Range.)
- Haysian Smelt Infused Kiirium Mirror Plating, with Slide-able Girders.
- Barca Pattern Pressor Beam Emitters.
- Reinforced Turadium Plating: As the destructive prominence of their weapons became apparent, the Thyrsian Enclave began outfitting their starships with protective measures to safeguard themselves from others utilizing similar weapons against them. To this end, they’ve outfitted their armoured hulls with a layer of Turadium armour that would protect their hulls from the projected wroth of the Sun, and from their more conventional analogs as well. However, this barrier would not make their warships immune to damage as it was a measure that would merely postpone the inevitable.
- Thyrsian Mirror Shields: Styled after the technology that preceded the modern energy shield, Thyrsian mirror shields were a secondary measure of protection. A redundant failsafe; should the primary barriers collapse. They were polished and infused plates that were mounted atop automated and sliding girders, that were capable of “deflecting” the lethality of capital-grade energy weapons away from the warship’s surface - before melting sometime thereafter.
- Overwhelming Firepower: Equipped with a vast array of offensive weaponry, the Bellerophontes was capable of bringing an almost overwhelming amount of firepower to bear in any combat scenario. Because of the streamlined design, and the placement of the varied weapon emplacements, running afoul of this deadly Quinquereme broadsides -- or it's frontal quadrant wasn’t ideal for any capable Ship Commander if they wished to survive the battle, and fight another day.
- Countermeasure Suite: Fashioned with a state of the art countermeasure suite, the Bellerophontes was capable of thwarting the myriad methods in which control of the warship could be taken away from the command crew. In addition to these various systems, the Quinquereme was outfitted with a hyperwave sustainer - an item that allowed the vessel to retain its momentum at lightspeed and punch deep into enemy-held territory.
- Emplacement Coverage: While much of the Bellerophontes’ power lay within the extensive array of Eos sustained solar lances, they were sadly fixed emplacements and offered little coverage outside their designated hardpoints. With that being said, the rest of the weapons that adorned the exterior hull found themselves placed in advantageous positions; that commanded a vast field of fire from almost every conceivable angle. This collection of weapon arrays included the notable turreted concussion missile tubes; which permitted a small portion of the massive turrets to fire their payloads at targets astern of the Quinquereme. In addition to this, there was the spinal-mounted Hypervelocity Cannon; which was affectionately named the 'Ship-killer."
- Solarized Weapons: Despite the power afforded to the Quinquereme through its use of solarized weaponry, the primary weapon suite suffers from an inability to commit themselves to endurance warfare - when not enshrouded within a system rife with solar radiation. When the capacitors run dry, the solarized weapons were unable to produce their lethal beams - rendering a portion of the starship’s combat prowess inert - until they were recharged.
- Turreted Concussion Missile Tubes: While the benefits of having turreted missile tubes were astronomical, it was weighed down by the drawbacks built into the very emplacement’s design. Because of the automated loading systems, and the direct connection to the exterior of the ship - there was a chance that a detonation within the turret could be shunted towards the warheads below. Such a chain reaction would ultimately doom the vessel to be crippled during combat, or if Fate truly had it in for the Bellerophontes, there was a possibility of it being destroyed as well.
- Central Computer Core / Automated Systems: Outfitted with a Central Computer core, and the myriad of droid brains that were required to keep the ship operational - the Bellerophontes was highly vulnerable to close-proximity EMP detonations - that would cripple the vessel; until the excess of ionic energy was purged. This also made a prime target for enemy boarding parties as they could effectively control the entire starship from a single chamber - only if they previously knew about its location and purpose that is.
- Inner Sphere of Defense: With the focal point of the Bellerophontes being that overwhelming fire-superiority that it’s collection of weapon emplacements can offer there was a distinct incapability of such Capital-Grade weapons being deployed against nimble, close-ranged strike fighters. It was with this lack of coverage, that the Quinquereme found it’s lethality severely reduced if exploited by speedy corvettes, or escorts; but they too ran the risk of coming within direct contact with a hostile vessel and it’s automated countermeasures.
The TTH/SQE-002 "Bellerophontes" - Class Quinquereme was the newest warship to join the ever-growing line of vessels available to the Golden Company, and their future incarnations. While the success of its predecessors was met with resounding approval, there was also a voracious desire to produce something that pushed the limits of their current capabilities. Alongside this desire, there was a need for a name that would encompass the entirety of the design -- and allow for it to carry forward a piece of the Thyrsian’s ancient history as well. To that end, the moniker of ‘Bellerophontes’ was chosen. It was the name of an ancient warship that served the desert world of Thyrsus during the first War of Independence from Eshan and was rumoured to be at the Vanguard that forced the Echani to sign a Pact which granted the Thyrsian’s their freedom.
The Quinquereme itself was conceptually designed to be a bastardization of the Imperial aesthetic; which would’ve theoretically meant that it’s every firing arc would’ve been significantly more powerful than it’s aft quadrant. However, as the Thyrsians were not fans of such baroque and angular designs, they combined the nigh-bulbous curvature found on many starships that hailed from the watery homeworld of the Mon Calamari. With these two legendary aesthetics mixed into one, the ‘Bellerophontes’ was capable of a great many things -- the first and most notable was it’s overwhelming fire superiority; especially with its vast assortment of available weapon systems to call upon. While the Pocket Battlecruiser is capable of engaging an enemy vessel at every conceivable angle, it’s most lethal firing arc was the forward quadrant due to the inclusion of a spinal hypervelocity cannon.
With the inclusion of the deadly ship-killing armament, the ‘Bellerophontes’ held the possibility of combating it’s larger kin -- and emerging victorious. Supplemented by a vast array of countermeasures and defences, the warship was able to counter or thwart any threat that sought to despoil its metallic, armoured husk, or wrest control of the starship away from its rightful masters. Such a feat was accomplished by the vast array of interconnected droid brains that were controlled by a central computer, which held the possibility of developing a personality the longer it went without a memory wipe. Yet, this also held a concealed weakness. Should One know the path through the labyrinthine corridors, and succeed in taking hold of the Computer Core; they would essentially command the entirety of the ship - forcing those aboard to retake their starship the old-fashioned way.
Thus, with many of these attributes adding themselves into the Gilded Fold, the Golden Company continues its reign as the most powerful Mercenary Outfit in the Galaxy.
All shall wilt under the glare of the Sun.
- Replaced Primary Source Links.
- Replaced Header Artwork.
- Increased Length.
- Added Material Links and Support Hangar to bring Submission into New Factory Standards.
- Added Descriptor to the Solarized Weapons.
- Reduced to Minor-Level Production, and Decreased Hangar Ratings to maintain balance.
- Added Ionic Shielding, Anticoncussion Field, Internal Defenses and Repuslorfield Shell to the Defense Listing.
- Removed Stellar from Submission. [New.]
- Replaced Reactionary Repulsorfield Shell with Pressor Beam Emitters. [New.]
Edited by Khonsu Amon, 12 September 2019 - 09:07 PM.