17 replies to this topic

Jairus Starvald

Jairus Starvald

Eidoloclast

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 5,697 posts

Codex 3.0

Exciting place, big revamp that should ease a lot of the complication that has slipped into the Codex over the years. It's still a huge update and this is the place to ask any and all questions, we will do our best to answer them to the best of our ability. For your convenience here is a link to the new standardized rules. 

Fire away!

EIn4JJT.gif

Eidoloclast_copy1.png

Darth Metus

Darth Metus

V I C E L O R D

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,472 posts
Jairus Starvald

Dev threads are dead, correct?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Jairus Starvald

Jairus Starvald

Eidoloclast

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 5,697 posts

Darth Metus

That is correct. The Codex only required dev threads for a Force Nexus before this update, but this requirement has been removed now. 

EIn4JJT.gif

Eidoloclast_copy1.png

Darth Vyrassu

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,486 posts
Well then....

Throws away force Nexus development thread I've been working on

Darth Vyrassu

Darth Vyrassu

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,486 posts
Maybe I missed it in the new rules, but can we submit more than 3 things at a time to the new codex

Neri Rashal

Neri Rashal

6CO2+6H2O->C6H12O6+6O2

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,897 posts

Darth Vyrassu

Yes.

t0nmO2f.gif

Darth Vyrassu

Darth Vyrassu

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,486 posts
Irajah Ven

Alright ty

Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Heir to Clan Corek

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,239 posts

So I had a question. I know the Crew Template states that we should keep it around twelve or less but I have a crew that is literally on two over a dozen and was wondering if it as okay if I submitted it.

Noah_Sig.gif

OmegaPyre.png

Neri Rashal

Neri Rashal

6CO2+6H2O->C6H12O6+6O2

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,897 posts

Noah Corek

It's a guideline, a touch over is fine. 

t0nmO2f.gif

Darth Athora

Darth Athora

Zahori Denko

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,230 posts

I've been wondering this for i dont know how long but never thought to ask but:

For Combat Unit subs, can you explain Unit Availability? Like, I'm confused as to what it means. Is it how common the units within the unit are and how easily they can be replaced? Or does it mean the unit as a whole? Or does it mean something else?

lxMkKLY.png
rzPvjWG.gifm0c8RHJ.pngB3VMgGH.gif

Neri Rashal

Neri Rashal

6CO2+6H2O->C6H12O6+6O2

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,897 posts

Zahori Denko

I'll use some numbered examples, though this is *not* meant to be used as a hard line here, just to make it easier to follow. The gist is 'how many of this group would be available to an army' essentially.

Unique = 1 group. The only group. Based on unit size it can be small or very big, but there's only one group of them. Rogue Squadron would be an example of a Unique (Small) group. 
Rare = there are not many of this kind of group. Maybe there are five squadrons, all trained this same way. They are specialized, likely difficult to train. Some kind of black ops commando group might be a good example of this.

Uncommon = moderate number squadrons/units, all trained the same way. Scout troopers perhaps- available but not enough to fill in the rank and file
Common = lots of units. These are the rank and file. Stormtroopers, etc. 

Not a hard rule, but in general it would also be more difficult to replace as you go down the ladder. Common units have many of the same unit, so replacement, either retraining or borrowing from somewhere else in the army is in theory easier than a rare group that is likely more specialized training and simply less groups. 

The Size modifier is how many people are in each individual group. So a Common/Small unit would have many groups, but not many people in *each* group. A Unique/Large group would be only ONE group, but with many people in it. 

Does this help?

Edited by Neri Rashal, 05 July 2019 - 05:30 AM.

t0nmO2f.gif

Darth Athora

Darth Athora

Zahori Denko

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,230 posts

Neri Rashal

I think I get it. Unit Availability would be how many of that one specific group there is in an army. Like how many armored divisions there are in the Grand Army of the Republic or how many Stormtrooper Battalions. Size is more of how many people are in that specific group. Am I getting this right? If so, what differentiates different units in regards to availability? Like, for example, I'm working on a battalion sub but the battalion has a specific name and specific components, however, they are still apart of the larger army and the only difference between other battalions would be the name. For instance, the Wolfpack or Vader's Fist. What would you classify those as?

lxMkKLY.png

Neri Rashal

Neri Rashal

6CO2+6H2O->C6H12O6+6O2

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,897 posts

Zahori Denko

Essentially yes. 

Personally I'd say that things like a specific named battalion, like the 501st, would be Unique/Large- there's only one thing named that and they are differentiated from just 'Stormtroopers'. There's a lot of individuals in the group, but only one group. 

Clonetroopers/Stormtroopers = Common

104th/501th = Unique 

t0nmO2f.gif

Darth Athora

Darth Athora

Zahori Denko

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,230 posts

Neri Rashal

Ok I understand now. Thanks!

lxMkKLY.png

Darth Athora

Darth Athora

Zahori Denko

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,230 posts

Could I have this archived please? I wasn't sure on where to ask for this so I apologize if it's in the wrong place.

lxMkKLY.png

Arekk

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,397 posts

I have archived the submission for you. These kind of requests are done here.

Zahori Denko

Edited by Arekk, 17 July 2019 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,157 posts

Quick question.

The planet template says 

• Extra-galactic planets cannot be submitted to the Codex.

Location template says

System submissions are not eligible for addition to the Chaos map.

Can you submit an extragalactic system as a Location sub if system is located in a canon location such as one of the companion galaxies or star clusters?

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

rdqOfV0.png8xM9kaxH_o.pngbest-mando.gif

Srina Talon

Srina Talon

Dread Queen

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 1,508 posts

Kaine Australis

Good question! At this time Extra-Galactic Locations cannot be submitted. The rules will be updated for the "Location" template to be more clear. (Note: Netherworld Locations are the Exception to this...) 

SrinaTalon.gif

Confed1.gifExarch.gif