Intent: To create a Thyrsian Interdictor Cruiser for the Golden Company, and later Thyrsian Hierarchy.
Image Source: Eve Online Amarr Empire - Harbinger - Chris Knight's Artstation. [x]
Canon Link: Not Applicable.
Primary Source: Repurposed Canon Articles, Hyperion Solar Lances [x,] Barca Pressor Beams [x.]
Manufacturer: Republic Engineering Corporation, The Thyrsian Hierarchy, The Golden Company. (Select, and Contracted Foundries.)
Model: TTH/AIC-001 "Ourea" - Class Paralus.
Affiliation: The Thyrsian Hierarchy, The Golden Company, Closed-Market.
Production: Minor-Scale Production.
Material: Durasteel, Flexisteel, Armourplast, Reinforced Duraplast, Manganese Brass, Glasteel, Turadium, Dallorian Alloy, Haysian Smelt, Kiirium, Agrinium, Various Starship Components (Internal and External.)
Role: Sector Patrol Vessel, Interdictor Cruiser, Pocket Carrier, Etc.
Length: 620 Metres.
Width: 250 Metres.
Height: 160 Metres.
Armament: Average Rating.
-  Hyperion Solar Lance Batteries [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked, Ignores Conventional Shielding.]
-  Cruiser - Class Gravity Well Projectors.
-  Dual Mass-Driver Turrets [Railgun Variant, Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Dual Ion Cannon Turrets [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Turreted Concussion Missile Turrets [Variable Warhead Payloads.**]
-  Automated Quad-Laser Cannon Turrets [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Automated Rotary Point Defense Cannons [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Automated Antimissile Octets [Fast-Track mountings, Fire-Linked.]
** Variable Warhead Loadout: Assault Concussion Missiles, Seeker Concussion Missiles, Homing Proton Torpedoes, Magpulse Torpedoes, Interdiction Missiles, Planetary Hex Missiles, Assault Cluster Missiles, Intruder Missiles, Etc.
Defences: Moderate Rating.
- Standard and Reinforced [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Hull and Armour Plating.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Deflector Shields (Ray, Particle and Concussion Fields; Overlaid.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Reactionary Pressor Beam Emitters.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Ionic Shielding.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Internal Anticoncussion Field Generators.
- Overhauled [Cruiser-Class, Military Grade] Kiirium Mirror Shields (Automated, and Slide-able Girder Mounts.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] ECM, and Countermeasures (Including Chaff and Flare Launchers.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Internal Defences (Concealed Autoblasters, Xythan Force Shield Projectors, Etc.)
Hangar: Two Squadrons of Starfighters - Average Rating.
Auxiliary Hangar: One Squadron of Transports, and Shuttles.
Maneuverability Rating: 55 DPF - Average Rating.
Speed Rating: Average Rating.
MGLT: 60 MGLT
Maximum Atmospheric Speed: 950 Km/H
Primary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1.0
Secondary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 8.0
Engine Unit(s): Cruiser - Class Ion Engines - Seven Drive Units.
Secondary Propulsion: Retractable Solar Soils.
Primary Power Plant: Cruiser- Class Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor.
Secondary Power Plant: Solar Ionization Conversion Module(s) with Retractable Agrinium Collection Arrays.
Passengers: 150 Soldiers - Shipboard Security Complement.
Crew Complement (Optimal): 250 Officers, Enlisted Personnel, and Chattel Ratings (Slaves.)
Crew Complement (Skeletal): 125 Officers, Enlisted Personnel, and Chattel Ratings (Slaves.)
Escape Craft: Twenty-One Saviour Pods and Six Ejectable Lifeboats.
Cargo Capacity: 2,500 Metric Tonnes (Vehicles and Cargo.)
Consumables: Two Years - Galactic Standard.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Damage Control and Hazard Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Life Support Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Navigational and Avionics Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Sensors and Targeting Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Communications Systems, Holonet Transceiver and Encryption/Decryption Networks with Thyrsian Military Keys.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Environmental Control Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Tractor Beam Emitters.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Emergency Maneuvering Thrusters.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Anti-Ion Emission Tracer (Anti-Hyperspace Tracking.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Relativistic and Shift Shielding.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Force Cylinder Transit Generators.
- HIMS - Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainer.
- Central Computer Core (Integrated Droid Brains.)
- Internal Shield Generators.
- Internal Reactor Bulb(s).
- Internal Command Bridge.
- Anti-Ordnance EM Probes (Long-Range.)
- Aural-Biological-Chemical Scrambler Probes (Long-Range.)
- Missile Deactivation Transmitter (Short Range.)
- Reactionary Repulsorfield Shell.
- Haysian Smelt Infused Kiirium Mirror Plating, with Slide-able Girders.
- Barca Pattern Pressor Beam Emitters.
- Thyrsian Mirror Shields: Styled after the technology that preceded the modern energy shield, Thyrsian mirror shields were a secondary measure of protection. A redundant failsafe; should the primary barriers collapse. They were polished and infused plates that were mounted atop automated and sliding girders, that were capable of “deflecting” the lethality of capital-grade energy weapons away from the warship’s surface - before melting sometime thereafter.
- Reinforced Turadium Plating: As the destructive prominence of their weapons became apparent, the Thyrsian Enclave began outfitting their starships with protective measures to safeguard themselves from others utilizing similar weapons against them. To this end, they’ve outfitted their armoured hulls with a layer of Turadium armour that would protect their hulls from the projected wroth of the Sun, and from their more conventional analogs as well. However, this barrier would not make their warships immune to damage as it was a measure that would merely postpone the inevitable.
- Countermeasure Suite: Fashioned with a state of the art countermeasure suite, the 'Ourea' was capable of thwarting the myriad methods in which control of the warship could be taken away from the command crew. In addition to these various systems, the Paralus was outfitted with a hyperwave sustainer - an item that allowed the vessel to retain its momentum at lightspeed and punch deep into enemy-held territory. As well, the Cruiser was equipped with a reactionary pressor beam emitters, that were capable of redirecting the lethality kinetic rounds; thus safeguarding the vessel from egregious harm during combat.
- Solarized Weapons: Despite the power afforded to the Paralus through its use of solarized weaponry, the primary weapon suite suffers from an inability to commit themselves to endurance warfare - when not enshrouded within a system rife with solar radiation. When the capacitors run dry, the solarized weapons were unable to produce their lethal beams - rendering a portion of the starship’s combat prowess inert - until they were recharged.
- Turreted Concussion Missile Tubes: While the benefits of having turreted missile tubes were astronomical, it was weighed down by the drawbacks built into the very emplacement’s design. Because of the automated loading systems, and the direct connection to the exterior of the ship - there was a chance that a detonation within the turret could be shunted towards the warheads below. Such a chain reaction would ultimately doom the vessel to be crippled during combat, or if Fate truly had it in for the 'Ourea,' there was a possibility of it being destroyed as well.
- Central Computer Core / Automated Systems: Outfitted with a Central Computer core, and the myriad of droid brains that were required to keep the ship operational - the 'Ourea' was highly vulnerable to close-proximity EMP detonations - that would cripple the vessel; until the excess of ionic energy was purged. This also made a prime target for enemy boarding parties as they could effectively control the entire starship from a single chamber - only if they previously knew about its location and purpose that is.
Interdiction warfare was nothing revolutionary. It was a concept that existed in the minds of sentient beings since the advent of the Hyperdrive. While its history was tumultuous at best, the artificial gravitational technology became considerably more commonplace in the modern area. It was how interstellar nations safeguarded their borders from hostile threats, and how pirates pulled convoys from their superluminal trespass. However, despite all of the benefits that such technology provided - there were a plethora of methods in which to defeat them.
What was once in the hands of the Bakurans, spread out across the galaxy like a wildfire. Soon, everyone had Hyperwave momentum sustainers integrated into their hyperdrives, which partially negated the gravity well projector’s effectiveness. In the aftermath of the calamity that snuffed out the light of civilization, much of that knowledge was lost… until now. The Modern Era had seen a technological resurgence; where concepts and ideas that were once thought lost became widespread.
As the majority of the Golden Company’s were already outfitted with the integrated Hyperwave sustainment modules, the only item they were lacking was the ability to create they very gravity wells they sought to avoid. Thus, the ‘Ourea’ was commissioned and pressed into service as a dedicated Interdictor vessel for the roving warbands amongst the stars.
With the Paralus at their command, the Thyrsians of the Sun Guard were capable of projecting four artificial gravity wells in the depth of the void, trapping their chosen targets within arms reach. It would make for a beneficial addition to their Starfleet, provided it’s generator’s weren’t sabotaged or destroyed whilst they were active. Because of the nigh-enigmatic engineering of these gravitational wells, they tended to break the semi-Newtonian physics that govern reality; by generating a gravitational singularity that draws in nearby ships much like their naturally occurring cousins.
Therefore, with the potent addition to the Sun Guard’s arsenal, they would prove themselves to be worthy inheritors of their ancestor’s legacy; and forge themselves into a force to be reckoned with.
- Added a Descriptor to Hyperion Solar Lances.
- Added Internal Anti-concussion Field to Defenses Section.
- Added Ionic Shielding to Defenses Section. [New.]
- Replaced Reactionary Repulsorfield Shell with Pressor Beams. [New.]
- Removed Stellar from the Submission. [New.]
Edited by Khonsu Amon, 12 September 2019 - 09:10 PM.