OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a support frigate for the Corellia Defense catalog.
- Image Source: Tobias Frank [Artstation]
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: Comfort-class Medical Frigate
- Links: Corellia Digital & Sasori Research Contract Threads: #1 | #2
- Manufacturer: Corellia Defense
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: CD6 Asha-class Medical Frigate
- Material: Durasteel (frame), Sasori Nnth (armor plating), Transparisteel
- Classification: Medical Frigate
- Length: 344 meters
- Width: 57 meters
- Height: 60 meters
- Armament: None
- Defenses: High
- Fighter Hangar: Average: 1 Squadron
- Support Craft Hangar: 0 Squadrons
- Maneuverability Rating:Average
- Speed Rating: Moderate
- Hyperdrive Class: Moderate 1.0 | Very Slow: 10 (Back-up Hyperdrive)
Corellia Digital CHX 2.1 SoundLink (Internal Modular Communications System)
Hansen FeatherTouch (Tractor Beam)
- Mobile Hospital. The CD6 support frigate is a fully capable trauma MedCenter. It features 12 fully equipped surgical theaters, a 1,000-bed hospital facility, medical laboratory, pharmacy, and full range of medical and bio-scanners.
- Hardened Target. Dual-layer, redundant deflector shielding, ion cap drains, and uprated hull armor combine to allow the CD6 to take a hell of a beating.
- No Armament. The CD6 relies on escort ships for defense.
- Unique Electromagnetic Signature. Corellia Digital vessels use a unique Hoersch-Kessel ion drive design for their main propulsion. The resulting engine wash is faintly radioactive. This electromagnetic signature was distinguishable from background cosmic radiation and allowed the vessels to be tracked or detected.
- Atmospheric to Interstellar Transition Delay. The dual-drive engines of the Consular-class automatically handle power distribution between the hyperdrive, ion drive, and repulsorlift generators in order to maximize performance depending on flight profile (atmospheric or interstellar). Because of this, the hyperdrive is disabled while the ship is flying on repulsorship (inside planetary gravity). When the repulsorlift is disabled, there is a delay before the hyperdrive comes on-line.
Corellia Digital's foray into the manufacture of support ships, the CD6 is a dedicated medical vessel. Cues for the design of the medical suite were taken from the Sasori medical supercarrier and the final production does incorporate many Sasori technologies courtesy of the ongoing partnership between the two companies. Like all Corellia Digital products, manufacture of the CD6 takes place in the Corellian System using resources, materials, and labor sourced from among the Five Brothers.
Edited by Sor-Jan Xantha, 07 April 2019 - 02:42 AM.