Intent: To establish a Capital Planet and Staging Ground for The Emergence
Image Source: Pinterest
Links: The Emergence Empire
Planet Name: Skism
Region: Outer Rim
System Name: Utangard
Trinary Star System
Dense Asteroid Belt
7 Planets, 32 Moons
Major Imports: Quarzitian Ores
Major Exports: None
Unexploited Resources: None
Gravity: 1.2x Standard
Atmosphere: Type 1
Primary Terrain: Ecumenopolis
Capital City: E. City (Emergence City)
Planetary Features: Tunnel Network, Lower Levels, Reactor Districts, Airborne Residential Platforms, Transit Networks,
The Rupture - A massive split that stretches across at least a quarter of the Planet. Ranging from the Surface down to the Upper-Mantle, it was the source of 99% of Geothermal Energy for the S'kiss Species.
E. City - The Capital of the Skism Ecumenopolis. After the arrival of The Emergence, it was renamed to Emergence City, or colloquially, E. City. Consisting of all the major structures such as the Cassum Complex, Epifan Shipyards and most major Districts.
Cassum Complex - The Headquarters for the governing body of The Emergence, The Cassum Cabal. Housing the Four Superiex, Extensive training grounds, research facilities, war-rooms etc.
Epifan Shipyards - The surface-based Emergence Capital Shipyards. Here is where the majority of Engine, Weapons, smaller-scale Chassis and other ship-based Components are manufactured.
Exapo Shipyard - In high-orbit of Skism is the Exapo Shipyard. Here, unlike the Epifan, is where the majority of major Ship developments occur. Chassis ranging from Corvette up to Superiex-Class are constructed here, along with most large Ship Components.
Reactor District - After the arrival of The Emergence, energy dependancy switched from Geothermal to advanced Anti-matter reactors. These reactors were established in large networks and made up a significant district of E. City
Protarch Skycity - Of all the Airborne Residential Districts, Protarch is the largest and wealthiest. Nearing a full 80km in diameter, it consists of its own Residential, Labour, Research and Leisure Districts, unlike other Skycities that normally only consist of varying numbers/sizes of Residential and Labour Districts.
Intent - To provide the chamber from which the members of the Cassum Cabal derive their power as well as a specialised Meditation Chamber.
Nexus Name - Chamber of the Void
Nexus Alignment - Dark
Size - Small
Strength - Little Influence outside the Chamber itself, intense local strength
Accessibility - Hidden and heavily protected. Only accessible through an extensive tunnel system that travels deep into the Cassum Complex. The length of this tunnel is constantly manned by P1 Battle Droids, Several Blast Doors and Cameras.
Effects - The room in which the Mask is located reverberates with an intense energy. One that conveys a deep sense of Nothingness and Dread to those inexperienced with it. Upon first contact with the Mask, the user (FU) gains a potent Force Drain Ability. Contact thereafter puts the user into a deep meditative state in which their Force Signature is stripped from them for the duration of the engagement, rendering them a wound in the Force.
Native Species: S'Kiss
Immigrated Species: None
Populations: Heavy / 780b
Demographics: S'Kiss / Xenophile
Primary Languages: Galactic Basic, Skist
The S'kiss are a very Isolationist species and have had little to no experience with the rest of the Galaxy. Contrary to popular belief, this has made them very Xenophilic when in contact with other species.
They are a unified people with no regard for War. This has permeated throughout their societies resulting in a very peaceful, stable civilisation. They often celebrate their historical move from Feudal Nation States into a Unified Democracy.
Upon the power-change from the native S'kiss government to the newly arrived Emergence Empire, drastic reformations in science, industry and society were immediately undertaken, along with an aggressive persecution of religious groups. The crackdown was immediate and brutal, resulting in many thousands of deaths. After this event, often referred to as the "Smothering", a name circulated on the Holonet, popularised by religious insurgents, a drop in civil stability was observed. After the Smothering, the S'kiss became a much more divided people. Although generally peaceful still, there is a persistent religious rebellion, blanketed in semi-true propaganda.
- Any and all semblance of religious influence in the State was removed. This was justified through the use of extensive propaganda that detailed the destructive nature of Religion/State Government and the evil intent of Religion itself
- The power model was erased and replaced. The reigning Government changed from a Unified Democracy to an Enlightened Technocratic Dictatorship, with Absolute Power being shared by the Four Superiex of the Cassum Cabal. Although a dictatorship, aspects of Council and lower decision-making were kept. Most decisions and major concerns are made and discussed in a lower rung of government consisting of the most prominent political figures. Once circulated, if approved, these talks are passed up to the Superiex who have final authority.
- "Idiocy", "Ignorance" and "Deliberate greater-destructive nature" are, among other terms, all commonly circulated within the Emergence Government circles. Demonstrating any of these terms is, to a greater or lesser degree, considered a serious prosecutable offence. Government officials who behave or decide in the interest of self-gain (see third term) at the expense of the "whole" (The people or Empire) are quickly investigated and/or punished. The aforementioned behaviours have been dealt with anywhere from simple administrative leave, to exile, to execution.
- Many aspects of the former government were kept, such as the entry requirements into government. Individuals who wish to become political figures within the E's government must pass at least a year of intense education. This Year (and beyond) takes place in and around the capital E. City. Education includes the study and assessment of populations on Skism, sentient psychology, environmental studies, extensive self-assessment, adequate overviews of sciences such as Physics, Biology, robotics and hyperspace travel, economics... (It's a long list).
- Major investments were made into the S'kiss scientific sector. Very quickly it became a staple pillar of Emergence government and society. It's plateaued progress saw a drastic and rapid boost with innovation becoming a greatly rewarded and appreciated aspect of life, with most, if not all financial pressures on the sector being lifted after a vast portion of the state budget was dedicated to it.
- Under the new Technocracy, Science became one of the most valued positions in the government. The study and development of Fringe-Science was given high priority and prominent scientists were looked upon like major celebrities, with state funerals for passing figures becoming a common occurrence (Would be common. S'kiss lifespans are quite long).
- The Emergence also brought with it heavy militarism in preparation for its plans being executed. The Military sector became engrained in the Science sector. Prominent developments are often cycled through Military service before becoming available to the public, such as Project Invariant and Project Miramet. While the vast majority of developments exist in the interest of the people, some are geared more towards destruction and are only created for service within the Emergence's armies
- Public education was kept mostly the same, although with minor tweaks. Curriculums focus heavily on practical studies such as Engineering and Physics. Combat has been introduced as a highly regarded club or extra-curricular activity, encouraging students to take up development in martial arts. Competition is looked on as being more critical, breeding a much more competitive environment for children under education. There is more emphasis on the study of texts regarding the Sith and Jedi, with analyses in classes being concerned with the destructive and similar nature of both. The risk of birthing sympathisers and potential insurgents is recognised, though counter measures against this are not necessarily enforced.
- Use of the Holonet is unrestricted. However, search terms that are associated with known religious cells or old religions are flagged and monitored. The data on users who are registered readers of this kind of material is kept for identifying insurgents. This is mostly handled by INCA.
GOVERNMENT AND ECONOMY
Formerly Unified Democracy
Post Emergence Arrival - Enlightened Imperial Technocracy
Affiliation: The Emergence Empire
Being Isolationist, the S'kiss have developed a very strong internal economy. With the arrival of The Emergence, this has only increased.
Civil Stability has reduced significantly post-Emergence. This is due to the heavy persecution of Religious groups by the new Government. Though this has been countered by a significant push in propaganda.
Freedom and Oppression:
Planets under the rule of The Emergence are as Free as it gets. Unless you're religious or in any way Non/Anti Science. Persecution results in a Purge of that population.
The S'kiss are a majority Non-Religious Species. But those who were discovered to be practicing what is considered under The Emergence as "Ignorance" were quite simply killed immediately.
MILITARY AND TECHNOLOGY
Post-Emergence - Skism has become a heavily Militarised Planet with a constant fleet in orbit. The Ecumenopolis has been filled with towering Anti-Aircraft Turbolaser Batteries, several military academies have been established and Emergence Droid Divisions patrol the streets perpetually.
Galactic Standard. With the arrival of The Emergence, this is rapidly increasing.
A planet host to one of the oldest species in the Galaxy. The S'kiss have had plenty of time to grow and develop, resulting in their home planet becoming covered in City-Sprawl to cater towards the slowly growing population. Since their societal switch towards Unity and the subsequent acquisition of Galactic Standard Technology, the S'kiss have rarely, if at all ventured from their home system. They are keen Isolationists, aware of the presence of other species yet adamant to remain hidden and un-contacted.
More recently, The Emergence Empire arrived. The Superiex managed to persuade the planetary government to allow a switch of power, and now Skism is under the control of The Emergence. This has resulted in a massive boost to the Scientific Sector and militarisation of the Planet. The People have remained essentially as they were, the only exception being Religious groups, who have been persecuted under the new Government, resulting in a significant number of deaths.
Edited by Orex Mauda, 04 August 2019 - 05:33 AM.