• Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
    • Kinetic: Average
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Sonic: Average
    • EMP/ION: Average
    • Elemental: High
  • Color: Very dark green

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Resistant to energy, electrical, sonic, corrosive, and kinetic impact damage 

Strengths:

• Energy-diffusive properties allow the alloy to absorb significant amounts of direct energy
  • Durable layered design with atom-sized sheets of resistant materials is very resistant to external stress

Weaknesses:

• Though resistant to external violation the alloy does not diffuse kinetic energy
  • Alloy is heavier than more basic armour materials

DESCRIPTION

MandalArms has long been in the business of producing arms and armaments for the galaxy's wars. The R&D department is constantly at work devising new and cutting edge technologies. Few breakthroughs thus far had been made in the area of materials science, until recently.

Working with carbon initially, researchers perfected a sheeting process whereby atom-thick sheets are layered one upon another, producing an extremely resistant form. Experiments with various other substances led to the initial effort, dubbed Mandalorium.

Layers of condensed matter composite, phrik, songsteel and ultrachrome produce an alloy that has superior resistance to both kinetic and energy damage, highly prized in modern combat environments. Mandalorium enjoys the benefits of energy absorbing and diffusing strengths of ultrachrome and phrik, combined with the vibration-resistant strengths of songsteel and condensed-matter composite.

Surprisingly flexible for its density, it is well suited for use in personal armour, as well as vehicles. It is recommended that personal armour suits utilize ballistic dampening such as gel or foam to protect the wearer from heavy blows.

Named for the homeworld of the Mandalorians, this highly-expensive and difficult to produce alloy pushes forward the cutting edge in materials science.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 15 June 2019 - 11:46 PM.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

rdqOfV0.png8xM9kaxH_o.pngbest-mando.gif

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,463 posts

Under Review.

Luciain.gif

Wk5KzOh.png?1

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,463 posts

Kaine Australis

On thing that really jumps out at me with this submission is that it's extremely over-powered in it's current state. 

In order to balance it I would suggest dropping 3 rating to achieve balance here.

Of course, if you want me to approve the submission as it is then I will do so. Please tag me back to let me know what you wish to do and we can look to get this approved.

Luciain.gif

Wk5KzOh.png?1

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,197 posts

John Locke Dropped a couple of the highs to averages.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,463 posts

Kaine Australis

Thank you for making those changes, however as it currently sits the material is still 2 rating too high. I would again recommend dropping 2 ratings to average, or reducing the production level.

Luciain.gif

Wk5KzOh.png?1

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,197 posts

John Locke No worries, i've made a couple changes, should be balanced now.

S7IVynM.gif

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,463 posts
Kaine Australis I'm a little confused, the weight is marked as heavy, but the colour scheme would indicate very heavy, if this is the case then it is indeed balanced and I'll go ahead and approve it.

Luciain.gif

Wk5KzOh.png?1

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,197 posts

John Locke Now i'm confused, lol. I dropped two ratings, then dropped production 2 levels, and decreased the weight one rating. Isnt that 3?

S7IVynM.gif

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,463 posts

Kaine Australis

Ahh, I see where the confusion is. decreasing the weight is actually the same as increasing a rating since the heavier a material is the harder it is to use. 

So where you are now is as follows:

You have 4 High resistances, and so you have to decrease 4 ratings to balance it. As you say, you dropped the production, that gives you 2, and the weight is now heavy which is the same as 1, leaving you one off. So, if you bump up the resistance to Very Heavy then you'll be completely balanced and good to go.

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't clear earlier.

Edited by John Locke, 15 June 2019 - 02:14 PM.

Luciain.gif

Wk5KzOh.png?1

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,197 posts

John Locke Alright, i think i've fixed it this time ;)

S7IVynM.gif

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,463 posts

Kaine Australis Perfect! Enjoy the new material.

Luciain.gif

Wk5KzOh.png?1

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,463 posts

Approved.

Luciain.gif

Wk5KzOh.png?1