OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a strike force frigate that eliminates targets quickly and escapes within the PCL 27C
- Image Source: (x)
- Canon Link: (x)
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Maxwell & Son (Manufacturer) (x), Have Gun Will Travel (x) (Designer/Conversion)
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: PCL-27 (x)
Duralloy (Hull Plates): (x)
Transparisteel (Viewports): (x)
- Classification: (Q-Ship Strike Cruiser Carrier)
- Length: 800 Meters
- Width: 200 Meters
- Height: 225 Meters
- Armament: None
- Defenses: Average
(8)Warhead Countermeasures (x)
- Hangar Space: Extreme: 9
- Hangar Allocations:
- Starfighters: 8 squadrons
- Support Craft: 1 squadrons
- Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
- Speed Rating: High
SLAM (SubLight Acceleration Motor) (x)
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
(8)Warhead Countermeasures (x)
220-SIG Tactical Sensor Jamming Device: A Sensor Jamming Device used to limit the starships in the area from scanning the PCL 27C until they are within 1KM of range. This is used to hide the PCL 27C till it gets close to the target to unleash its payload of starfighters. (x)
ANs-9.5w Wide Range Sensor System: A wide range sensor system used to detect starships in the vicinity, up to 100km of its current location. Used for detecting starships and studying commonly used Hyperlanes. (x)
Hyperdrive Signal Interceptor: The Hyperdrive Signal Interceptor detects fluctuations in the local area though not of its destination nor the type of ship. This sensor is used to know when reinforcements were coming their way and know when to pull out. (x)
SLAM (SubLight Acceleration Motor): After being discovered, it is best to get out of harms way quickly. Activating the SLAM gives it a great speed boost to get out of harms way. (x)
- Hidden in Plain Sight: As a Q-Ship, it looks like an ordinary cargo freighter until scanned up close.
- Release the Hounds!: It can unload within a minute an entire strike force of starfighters and support craft, making it a terrifying sight.
- It Was Here A Minute Ago!: For a Cargo Freighter, it is very deceiving on speed alone and can rather quickly use the SLAM to get out of harms way in a hurry, much to the surprise of many military commanders.
- No Weapons: It has no way to defend itself, it has to rely on its starfighter support and using its high speed to run away from combat.
- No Escape Pods: There is no way to save yourself if the PCL 27C is going to be destroyed. If it is destroyed, it is a full crew causality list, no survivors.
- Very Long Turns: Due to its size and almost no maneuvering jets, it takes a long time to move out of harms way if close to a ship or avoiding torpedoes.
During the time which the company Have Gun Will Travel took a long period of downtime, the considerable question remained on making another Q-Ship carrier but this time, make it much larger. That was the intent when Haon Hafey returned to Ord Mantell to see that a PCL 27 had been junked in a nearby scrapyard. Purchasing it for cheap, he had his crew working day and night on the new design to unveil to the entire galaxy, calling it the PCL 27C with the C simply meaning, Carrier.
During this time, many improvements onto the vessel were taken from their previous masterpiece, the Type-K Assault Corvette. This included the 220-SIG Tactical Sensor Jamming Device, ANs-9.5w Wide Range Sensor System and the Hyperdrive Signal Interceptor. While all of this would work well together, instead of being against Piracy but against targets of interest. As time went on, there was a noted problem with incoming missiles during testing phases so the Warhead Countermeasures were soon added in as a safety precaution. The Hyperdrive was also slightly upgraded to the modern era but there was a problem with speed as Haon Hafey said, "Just make it fast!"
That was his biggest mistake, as he worked on expanding the hanger bay into the most extreme example possible, the other crews were given the impossible task to just make this hunk of slow metal, faster. They all had one idea and decided to redesign the entire reactor and each circuitry of the engine to a unique SLAM (SubLight Acceleration Motor) of its own kind. Instead of starfighter size, it would be of cruiser size but it was a massive effort which required an entire reconstruction of engineering. By the time a month had passed and Haon was finally able to see what they done, it blew not only the budget out for the entire carrier, but presented new problems. First, it took more power than the reactor could produce which was a massive problem which then was compounded by all the weapon systems that were to be put in place, now covered in circuitry, wiring and two massive engines. Worse, they decided to take out one of the most important safety measures, the escape pods, to ensure that the engines could be at full power!
By the time Haon knew it, it was far to late. His crew did the impossible, it made it faster than it ever should but at the cost of defending itself properly. Worse, most of the maneuvering jets that were to be installed were now gone, making it near impossible to turn. The only upside to all of this was the unique nature how the engines were now plugged into the reactor. Due to not having to produce power for weapon systems and powering different thrusters, it had enough power to keep the SLAM on for an entire day before needing a one hour cool down. That was incredible and made it almost all worth it, being able to brag about having a fast moving cruiser carrier, but at the expense of just only running away.
With the prototype now being on the market, he wondered how many people would be interested in such a strange design and possible, firing his crew for doing such a stupid idea.