• Create Account
Photo

A Lightside/Jedi version of Sith/Darkside Alchemy.

- - - - - Question Food for thought

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Veiere Arenais

Veiere Arenais

Kiwi V

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 5,194 posts

The recent changes to the factory rule regarding Forcesabers has lead to my questioning the possibility of a Light-sided version of Force Alchemy (Not to be mistaken with Heresy, as some of you may well be thinking!). Both Orders or Practitioners who favor one particular side over the other, are capable of imbuing weapons and items in the Force, and while Alchemy is somewhat more complicated than that, I'm wondering if there isn't some means of Jedi/Light-Siders being able to achieve similar feats without abusing their control over the Force or leading them to cross the lines of morality that often separate the two groups.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm by no means an expert on Sith Alchemy, I've never played a Sith Character before and I struggle to captivate a dark-sided character in general, so I've never needed to consider that direction of role-play. It was pointed out to me that there are ways of getting around and creating ForceSabers that require the lightside as opposed to the darkside, but given the Sith and Dark Jedi have some really cool methods of doing things, I wanted to open up the discussion to other Force Users/Writers who likely know better than I do.

Could there be a variation of Force Alchemy that can be used by the Jedi or Light-sided Characters?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image|Posted Image|Posted Image

[Jedi Battle-Armor] ["The Judiciary" Heavy Cruiser] [Senior Officers]

~ The right course of action rarely comes with ease, and without personal sacrifice ~

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,902 posts

Veiere Arenais

There absolutely is. I've had my Jedi make Alkahest (Light Alchemy) stuff for years.

EG: http://starwarsrp.ne...alkahest-blade/

BBS8Bub.jpg

57wSzTY.png3cFUgUN.png1iYfC3H.pngWJCVATQ.png

Jay Scott Clark

Jay Scott Clark

Writer

• Writers
  • 10,538 posts

Yep.

Avoid references to Celestial Tech and Force-Powered Tech and you're golden. Go ham. :D

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,902 posts

This was probably Phylis' most powerful work. She's keeping it for if she ever finds a Grandmaster who can unite the Jedi: http://starwarsrp.ne...alkahest-blade/

I also made a Jedispawn: http://starwarsrp.ne...-the-jedispawn/

Edited by Valiens Nantaris, 07 July 2019 - 09:50 PM.

BBS8Bub.jpg

Veiere Arenais

Veiere Arenais

Kiwi V

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 5,194 posts

Valiens Nantaris | Jay Scott Clark

Alkahest, thanks guys, I'll remember that one!

I wondered if it was a stupid question, but I'm glad I asked lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~ The right course of action rarely comes with ease, and without personal sacrifice ~

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,902 posts

Veiere Arenais

If you have any questions, PM me.

BBS8Bub.jpg

Audren Sykes

Audren Sykes
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,277 posts
I think Phylis is/was one of the very few Jedi here that I've seen practice Alkahest. Of course, I don't have as much time to be here as I used to, but some of those threads were rather interesting.

5AhTq0z.png

Tsisaar Taral

Tsisaar Taral

Character

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 175 posts

If you also want something that isn't just chaos canon, but from actual published material, the Je'daii at Anil Kesh practiced alchemy. While every single link about it on Wookieepedia links to the Sith Alchemy page, the comics and material that presented Je'daii alchemy didn't link it specifically to the Dark Side like that, so I imagine it's just a matter of editors linking to the thing most like whatever it is.

They would make things like their Force-imbued blades with it, but also things like Rancor-dragons. There's not a lot of known stuff about their study, but given the origins of Sith alchemy as lying with the Sith species specifically before being integrated with what the Dark Jedi of the Hundred-Year Darkness had discovered on their own, I figure it might be reasonable to assume that Je'daii alchemy is a bit different, at least more in the neutral middle, if not in the light side. Either way, at least it's precedent for non-Sith alchemy.

subjgravlexmed2_copy_by_ebilmushroom-dbm

tumblr_inline_ou78i54YFv1r16x9o_540.png

Théodred Heavenshield

Théodred Heavenshield

Norbæn Véurr

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,182 posts

Veiere Arenais

Théo studied under Phylis and has done his own studies since. But I am keeping him at Knight level on it, cause he only works with materials like wood, metal, (which he continues to work over time), not Jedispawn etc., simply because he is not strong enough in it. Nor do I think he would find a reason for it. 

#ImissNibbles! 

VDrt1hA.gif

Veiere Arenais

Veiere Arenais

Kiwi V

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 5,194 posts

My alt Caedyn Arenais was with the Je'daii Order under Asha Hex's training. I hadn't considered the possibilities there, as this wasn't something I'd put a lot of thought into. Now with Tsisaar Taral having mentioned the Je'daii however, it's probably Caedyn more so than Veiere that could make the most out of this practice. I think I'm going to need to explore it more with him.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tsisaar Taral

Tsisaar Taral

Character

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 175 posts

Get him and Cotan together some time and they can figure something out, eh? Veiere Arenais

subjgravlexmed2_copy_by_ebilmushroom-dbm

tumblr_inline_ou78i54YFv1r16x9o_540.png

Kylie Talor

Kylie Talor

Bardic Lore Jedi

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 57 posts

Veiere Arenais

Besides Alkahest there is also the Jal'Shey traditions. Give them a good read through on wookiepedia. They were essentially a sect of Jedi that crafted things using the Light side of the force, so you anti-Alchemy types.

YJVUkZk.png

JediShadow.png

Veiere Arenais

Veiere Arenais

Kiwi V

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 5,194 posts

Tsisaar Taral

We haven't had a lot of threads together have we. I'd be happy to thread with Caedyn and Cotan :)

Kylie Talor

Yeah they were mentioned to me as well, I'll do that! Thanks ^^

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mishka Larraq

Mishka Larraq

Farmer's Daughter

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 276 posts

Veiere Arenais

I tried this once upon a time. I created a Mando-specific variant of Sith Rune Carving that used Ancient Taung language, and then paired it with Force Imbuement, clever material composition, and good 'ol fashioned Mandalorian Blacksmithing skills. I also made good use of capitalizing on natural disasters and invasions to acquire rare materials saturated in the "force energy" generated by these events.

Here's an old marketplace threat that details some of what I created before moving on.

K3Dpw4M.jpguoHzdOb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

tumblr_nmbyjfNhGu1s5wiico1_500.gif

OmHHYn5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fF2lWxwQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Veiere Arenais

Veiere Arenais

Kiwi V

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 5,194 posts

Mishka Larraq

See, it's these types of submissions and "out of the box" thinking that makes Chaos so awesome, from my point of view.

I'm quite envious of the people that excel in this regard. I'll be trying my hand in similar techniques in the near future, using this as an avenue for Caedyn Arenais to explore.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Zark

Zark

defy the tyrannous stars

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,388 posts
Veiere Arenais

heresy-detected.jpg

JmManpt.png

ffivmN8.pngVXuBjEw.png09bYTyP.pngkdA19jX.png