OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a wrist-mounted cryo weapon for AX-0021.
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: CryoBan Rifle, CryoBan, CC-V ‘Legion’ Cryo Projector
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: MandalArms, Kaine Australis
- Affiliation: AX-0021
- Model: MandalArms FZ.13
- Modularity: No
- Production: Unique
- Material: CryoBan Components, Durasteel, Titanium, Ionite/EMP Resistant Electrical Components, CryoBan resistant Materials
- Classification: Wrist Mounted CryoBan Projector
- Beam Velocity: 1122 m/s
- Size: Small
- Weight: Light
- Ammunition Type: CryoBan Cell
- Ammunition Capacity: 25 Seconds of Continuous Discharge
- Reload Speed: Slow (~4-5 Seconds)
- Effective Range: Personal (25 m)
- Rate of Fire: Average
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: Average
- Ionite and EMP Hardened Construction
- Integrated Remote HUD Uplink (Ammunition Counter, Operating Temperature, Weapon Integrity, Targeting Computer, Rangefinder, Etc.)
- Biometric Security System (Prevents enemy/unidentified agents from firing the weapon)
- Neural Interfacing Software
- The Freeze of Death: The damage potential of the FZ.13 far exceeds that of other weapons of its class. Upon being discharged, the bluish beam is intended to deplete the energy of its target to nigh-absolute zero. As a result, inorganic materials may immediately shatter or crack upon being struck by the beam, allowing for the CryoBan particles to quickly pass through the fractures. Organic matter that comes into contact with the freezing beam may immediately sustain fourth degree frostbite. In addition, the CryoBan may freeze blood vessels and send the target into shock, especially if blood flow is halted to any vital organs. Nerve damage and amputation is also a possible injury that may be sustained from the weapon.Finally, the CryoBan beam may also freeze targets in place, especially if the lower extremities or any other anatomical structures intended for locomotion are affected.
- Fire Fighter: Although the FZ.13 was built to function as an offensively oriented weapon, the heat neutralizing properties of CryoBan make the weapon extremely effective as a firefighting tool.
- The Fury of Fire and Ice: The already extreme lethal potential of the FZ.13 is significantly increased when utilized in tandem with a heat or energy based weapon. In essence, the rapid cooling and subsequent reheating of a target can shatter armors and further aggravate injuries that a living being may have sustained from the weapon.
- Low Range: The FZ.13 suffers from a typical downfall of its weapon type in that it is not a long ranged weapon. The weapon’s potency begins to suffer past twenty-five meters from the discharge point, at which point the CryoBan particles will begin to slowly disassociate from the condensed stream and eventually evaporate into the air.
- Protracted Reload: The FZ.13 has a slow reload which is especially crippling due to the weapon’s inability to be effective at long ranges.
- Expensive Materials: The FZ.13 utilizes rare materials which themselves are resistant to the weakening effects of CryoBan. As such, the weapon itself is expensive and difficult to replace.
The MandalArms FZ.13 CryoBan Projector is cryogenic weapon that discharges a concentrated beam of CryoBan which freezes and absorbs heat from its targets. The weapon is a custom and unique order created by Kaine Australis, in order to help equip a discrete ally from the First Order.
Edited by Immortal Cyan, 13 July 2019 - 05:09 PM.