ZDT-417 Advanced Personal Combat Armor
ZDT-417 with cockpit closed
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: An advanced power armor for Zentripoli
- Image Source: Mithias created the image (3D model program)
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: ZDT-415 Battle Droid
- Manufacturer: Zeralith Defense Technologies
- Affiliation: Zentripoli
- Model: ZDT-417
- Modularity: Components, sensors, weapon systems, limbs can be outfitted with rocket boots, internal weaponry, enhanced ECM suites, etc. as well as the cockpit can be switched out
- Production: Unique (Zentripoli)
- Material: Ferrocarbon Skeleton, Duranium Armor, Droid/Vehicle components
Classification: Power Armor / Droid / Vehicle
- Blasters: High
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: Average
- Sonic: Low
- EMP/ION: Very High
- Elemental: Average
- Acid: Average
- Electric: High
ZDT-417 with cockpit open
- Droid Autopilot System
- Vacuum sealed cockpit
- Life Support (limited)
- Appears as normal ZDT-415 Battle Droid
- Full-spectrum transceiver
- Electro photo Receptor (5 linked sections - 3 front and 2 rear for full coverage)
- Internal Comlink
- Magno-grip Boots (built in)
- 360 Degree Infrared Motion Sensors
- Targeting Computer
- Reinforced Actuators (droid joints)
- Brain Power – this "armor" was designed to be piloted by a Columi, so every aspect of the power armor was tailored for that species. This includes a helmet that is connected to the armor that allows the Columi to still mentally control the droid.
- Preternatural Agility - due to the mental control of the power armor / droid, it allows fluid, fast response in movement. The ZDT-417 appears as a droid, but the movement is far too deft and fluid for a droid of this era.
- Modular Design - the ZDT-417 is designed to have interchangeable parts that can quickly be replaced should they need repair, modification, or replacement. This allows for field repairs if the proper equipment is available
- Experimental Design – the ZDT-417 is an experimental Columi design designed by Zentripoli. It has glitches and failures from time to time as Zentripoli begins modifying the armor for a more "perfect" iteration.
- Slow Interchangeability - while the ZDT-417 is modular in most every way, it requires specific equipment and time to change the parts out. While these field repairs allow great flexibility, the facilities, parts and time must be in abundance.
- Expensive Parts - the ZDT-415 is a mass produced droid that is cheaply made. However, the ZDT-417 is composed of completely custom parts. While many parts of a ZDT-415 can be used for replacement parts in a pinch, it is not made for that platform
The Columi have always depended on droids for their interaction for centuries. With the Columi gifted with being able to control droids with their minds, Zentripoli longed to utilize this as a mode of interaction and transportation during times of duress. Taking the most advantageous aspects of the ZDT-415 and other similar droid technologies, he custom built the ZDT-417 as his personal “vehicle”.
Edited by Mithias, 23 August 2019 - 09:48 AM.