OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To submit a wing of the Kathol Republic Navy most likely to interact with the ORC proper and other factions.
- Image Credit: Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Elite: Dangerous
- Links: /
- Fleet Name: Kathol Navy Frontier Patrol
- Classification: Expeditionary Group
- Affiliation: Kathol Republic (Outer Rim Coalition)
- Fleet Symbol:
- Description: Frontier Patrol is a division of the Kathol Republic Navy which operates outside their home cluster in the remote Kathol Outback. Although modest and divided into smaller expeditionary wings these forces represent nearly half of the military vessels at the Republic's disposal.
The task force consists of a half dozen roving combat destroyers with escorts and a half dozen small patrol groups assigned to various critical sectors of Coalition space. Some destroyers are assigned special detail like the KRV Beyond's exploratory mission profile while others roam between patrol sectors engaging in search and rescue operations.
- Headquarters: Dayark
- Ports of Call:
- Goals: Frontier Patrol is the Kathol Republic's main offensive military arm and maintains the most contact with Outback space's surrounding regions. It is an organized peacekeeping and humanitarian armada with a focus on anti-piracy as well as relief efforts. By virtue of their status as the deepest ships out, both exploration and diplomacy also play a key role in what life is like on Kathol's frontier.
- Reputation: As a bastion of order and democratic rule surrounded by lawlessness and anarchy, Frontier Patrol are known as local good samaritans if ill humored towards scoundrels. They are famed pirate hunters, but also hold a dim view on smuggling and narcotics. The Kathol Navy's relationship with the Underground is nebulous, as strict peacekeepers they do not trust Coalition's underworld connections but owe much to their mutual defense pact and maintain a strong bond with the Judges so continue to begrudgingly cooperate.
- Fleet Size: Medium
- Lead Ship: KRV Colossus
- 1x Starhawk II-class Battleship (KRV Colossus)
- 2x Majestic II-class Heavy Cruisers
- 6x Marauder/k-class Corvettes
KATHOL SECTOR PATROL
WESTERN REACHES PATROL
TRAILING SECTORS PATROL
MINOS CLUSTER PATROL
EXCLUSION ZONE PATROL
WILD SPACE PATROL
- ADMIRAL NELSON MAYWEATHER, KRV COLOSSUS (NPC/Human Male)
- GENERAL JAINA SABLE, KATHOL REPUBLIC MARINES (NPC/Hapan Female)
- CAPTAIN ATLAS DRAKE, KRV BEYOND (PC/Human Male)
- CAPTAIN SIBHIN RA, KRV SENTINEL (NPC/Pitanni Male)
- CAPTAIN SARA HUNT, KRV WAYFARER (NPC/Human Female)
- CAPTAIN JON GRAVE, KRV DEFIANT (NPC/Human Male)
- CAPTAIN DELOS YU, KRV PARAGON (NPC/Pitanni Male)
- CAPTAIN LORI DRUM, KATHOL SECTOR PATROL (NPC/Human Female)
- CAPTAIN ZEV ARES, WESTERN REACHES PATROL (NPC/Zabrak Male)
- CAPTAIN AMASI VI, TRAILING SECTORS PATROL (NPC, Pitanni Female)
- CAPTAIN ADRIAN CROSS, MINOS CLUSTER PATROL (NPC/Human Male)
- CAPTAIN VOL TEROS, EXCLUSION ZONE PATROL(NPC/Rattataki Male)
- CAPTAIN LANCER KANE, WILD SPACE PATROL (NPC/Human Male)
- CAPTAIN CALIA TYR, CORSAIR SQUADRON (NPC/Nothoiin Female)
Only in this past century have Kathol Republic forces ventured outside their remote star cluster on the Coalition's farthest fringes. Historically too far removed to indefinitely maintain supply lines across such vast distances, the rise of an outer rim mutual defense pact with the Rebel Underground as its binding focus changed everything. Now Kathol Navy ships have access to friendly backwater ports throughout the territories, and increasingly more of the dwarf republic's precious few star destroyers are being posted far abroad as a part of Frontier Patrol. Some are even combat veterans having served alongside militia groups at Skor II, Terminus, and Pantora.
Kathol Command is permanently stationed in the Kal'Shebbol system, and each patrol group roams established shipping lanes along their designated sectors. Each destroyer functions as an autonomous expeditionary wing, ranging between sectors and even beyond the Coalition's border regions.
Edited by Atlas Drake, 12 August 2019 - 05:18 PM.