OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a gunship for TSE
- Image Source: Click - Wookieepedia
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
- Affiliation: The Sith Empire
- Model: Mailoc-class Sith-Imperial Gunship
- Production: Minor
- Classification: Gunship
- Length: 24.98m
- Width: 6.6m
- Height: 4.9m
- Armament: High
- Defenses: Moderate
- Armour and Hull Plating
- Deflector Shields (Overlaid Ray and Particle Screens)
- EWAR, Electronic Countermeasures, Chaff and, Flare Launchers
- Emergency Thrusters (Chemical Propellent)
- Squadron Count: Very Low
- 4 Gunships per Squadron
- Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
- Speed Rating: Moderate
- Hyperdrive Class: N/A
- Standard Sensor and Targeting Systems
- Standard Navigation and Avionics Systems
- Standard Communications Suite (Encrypted with Planetary Military Keys)
- Standard Atmospheric Seals and Perfunctory Oxygen Scrubbers (Life Support Capable Flight Suit Required)
- Standard Subspace and HoloNet Transceiver(s)
- Standard Inertial Compensators
- Standard VTOL Repulsorlift Antigravity System
- Standard Homing Beacon (Encrypted with Planetary Military Keys)
- Gunship: The Mailoc-class Sith-Imperial Gunship is outfitted with a impressive array of heavy weapons, each one capable of shredding enemy ships with ease. As a light troop transport, the Mailoc possesses a pair of sliding bay doors on either side of the craft; both of which are equipped with infantry weapon harnesses that can be commandeered by a door gunner for atmospheric engagements.
- No Hyperdrive: The exception of a hyperdrive on the Mailoc enabled designers to outfit the gunship with more technically advanced weapon systems and sublight engines, in turn making the Mailoc and very fast, very maneuverable, heavy-hitting assault craft.
Following the creation and popularity of the Dominance-class Sith-Imperial Strike Fighter, many more updated designs of traditional Sith starfighters went into production. The Empire's best and brightest began to work to phase out every Santhe-inspired design from the military, ultimately replacing every starfighter with ships that hearkened back to the Empire's ancient past.
The third of these starfighters was the Mailoc-class Sith-Imperial Gunship, the largest of the new wave of Sith-designed starships to be introduced into the Imperial Armada. Designed as the Sith's answer to the Alliance U-Wing gunship, the Mailoc was capable of transporting up to eight passengers inside of its reinforced fuselage and was outfitted with heavy infantry weapon mounts on either of the side-doors.
The Mailoc could function in both space and atmospheric combat situations, supplementing the Empire's range of fighters with ease.