OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To sub a powerful type of body armor for future submissions and role-playing.
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A
Manufacturer: Visanj T'shkali
Model: Type-42G Body Armor, a.k.a. “Red Vest”
Modularity: None, except that it is tailored / fitted to the wearer.
Weight: Very Light
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
- Kinetic: Very High
- Lightsabers: Very High
- Other, EMP/Ion: Very High
- Other, Sonic: None
- Other, Acid (And other corrosive substances): None
- Other, Force Abilities: None
- Other, Elemental: None
- Other, Electrical: None
- Other, Radiation: None
- Exceptionally extreme protection against most commonly-encountered threats.
- Absolutely slim-line, ultra-light, and form-fitted, ensuring total freedom of movement and unencumbered wear.
- Able to be worn unnoticed beneath armor and clothing.
- Offers extraordinarily extreme protection against kinetic damage, safeguarding torso, spine, and pelvic are from injury.
- Offers extreme resistance to blasters and other plasma-type weaponry, including high-powered sniper-type weapons.
- Offers extreme resistance to lightsaber-type weapons, including standard lightsabers, lightwhips, etc.
- Offers extreme protection against melee weapons, as well as tearing, punctures, slashing, or similar injuries.
- Offers very high protection against EMP/Ion weapons.
- Slimline, very light armor can be worn unnoticed beneath normal clothing or under / with other types of armor and doesn’t restrict movement.
- Covers only the torso, neck, and groin area, leaving other body parts (i.e. head, lower body, and arms) exposed and vulnerable.
- Offers no protection against extreme temperature.
- Offers no protection against elemental damage such as extreme temperatures, etc.
- Offers no protection against electrical damage.
- Offers no protection against sonic weapons.
- Offers no protection against force abilities (including forcesabers).
- Offers no protection against radiation.
The slim-fit vests cover the groin/pelvic area, torso, and neck with a form-fitting piece of armor which is both extremely lightweight and does not restrict movement in any way. Able to protect the wearer from blasters and other plasma-type weaponry, standard lightsabers and other lightsaber-type weapons, melee weapons including vibroblades, acid attacks, as well as from kinetic weapons and damage such as nearby detonations, shrapnel, concussive injuries, etc., the Red Vest is an ideal armor for anyone looking for peace of mind against the gamut of commonly-used weapons throughout the galaxy.
So named for the reddish color gained by the Norris root dye, the Red Vests are made from finely and densely-woven songsteel filaments, verpine fiber, glistaweb silk, and powerful duraplast thread, all of which is treated with Malreaux lacquer and absorbital. Taken individually, each of the materials used would provide excellent protection against one or more threats, but working in concert, the result of this patented weaving and treatment process is an extremely durable protective vest able to shield the wearer from a host of potential threats against them. Each vest sold is tailored to the wearer, cut so as to not hinder or obstruct movement in any way, and given the ‘feather-weight’ of the garment and it’s form-fitted tailoring, it can be worn beneath normal clothing or even under other forms of armor.
However, nothing is without its limitations: Red Vests do not protect the wearer against Force abilities (including Force sabers), extreme temperatures, electrical damage, or sonic attacks, and of course, the Red Vests only offer protection to the areas actually covered by the garment. However, against most common weapons and threats encountered across the galaxy, the Red Vest is the ideal choice of protection. Blasters, slugthrowers, acid munitions, vibroblades, and lightsabers can all be stopped by the Red Vest!
Edited by Visanj T'shkali, 15 August 2019 - 08:49 PM.