OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To make Yula’s dorksuit.
- Image Source: Elisacodesign.com—closest source I could find, recolored lazily by me.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Yula Perl, Daro Tarsi
- Affiliation: Yula Perl
- Model: N/A
- Can swap out blaster and blade components with others of similar compatability
- Can swap bacta injections for any other injectable
- Production: Unique
- Material: Phrik, bantha leather, durasteel, droid components, droid brain, electrical components, nanotechnology
- Classification: Multipurpose
- Weight: Average
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
- Kinetic: Very High
- Lightsabers: Average
- Sonic: Average
- Neural integration with the user
- Neural recorder
- HUD equipped with lifeform, heat, infrared and rangefinder scanners
- Spider legs/ feet
- Dart launcher, various tipped with mild sedatives/paralytics
- Plasma blade
- Friction grip
- Enhanced strength/pressure
- Cable launcher
- EMP/ION caps
- Shock field
- Integrated communication
- 4 retractable hydraulic legs
- Six-hour oxygen supply
- Hermetic sealing
- Integrated bacta injections
- Tractor beam gauntlets
- Projectile netting (standard and shock)
- Repulsor lift
- Nice Legs: The mechanical legs of Arachna allow the user to move through various terrain with enhanced speed and agility. The legs are also fairly strong, able to apply pressure several times that of the user’s own physical ability.
- Techno Babble: Arachna is equipped with a series of scramblers and slicing devices for espionage and general havoc-wreaking. Combined with Yula’s technopathy, this can prove to be a formidable combination for enemy security, communications, and air conditioning.
- Brain Fry: Significant EMP/ION/electrical attacks, or those that could otherwise not be withstood by Arachna can be disabling not only to the suit, but to the user. Arachna itself has minor EMP/ION/electrical resistance, the bulk of the resistance is focused on protecting Yula’s nervous system from being permanently damaged by these attacks. Depending on the severity of the attack, the user can experience a wide array of impairments:
- Coordination (balance, fine motor skills, muscle fatigue, partial paralysis, tremors)
- Vision issues (temporary loss, double vision, blurry vision, seeing spots, auras)
- Cognitive difficulties, headaches, brain fog, decrease alertness, loss of consciousness
- Learning Curve: Piloting a suit of armor with your mind can be taxing. Given the multitude of Arachna’s abilities, it’s easy for one to slip up and activate a shock field when they really meant to launch a grappling hook.
- Blow by Blow: The aim of Arachna is utility, leading to deficits in areas of protection. Though it can stand up to repeated blaster fire, physical impact, and moderate-strong electrical and EMP attacks, Arachna does not have enhanced durability against lightsabers, sonic and elemental damage, and certain biological attacks.
- Overload: Prolonged use can cause certain components of this armor or the armor itself to short out, become unusable, or explode.
Always pushing her own limits, Arachna was created to be an extension of Emily, Yula’s droid companion. To activate Arachna, Emily attaches herself to Yula’s back and plugs a pair of distal receivers into the port implants at the back of Yula’s neck. Emily’s body then rearranges herself to encompass all of Yula in a mix of armor and reinforced fabric designed to enhance her natural agility. Once fully integrated, Emily and Yula can communicate with each other. A neural recorder allows Yula to record, project, and store (on board and holonet) visual and sensory data. The HUD is equipped with standard trackers, scanners, and a holodisplay.
Arachna is designed to be a multipurpose suit of armor specific to Yula’s needs and strengths. The body of the suit is made from reinforced bantha leather allowing Yula some flexibility as well as a measure of protection. Four retractable, mechanical spider-like legs are attached to the core unit on the back of this suit. These legs act as a sort of exoskeleton, allowing Yula to scale buildings, forests and other terrain quickly without expending much physical effort. The “foot” of each leg is comprised of three pointed phrik pieces that come together to form a claw, which can be used for grabbing, climbing, and housing blaster and blade components. Each foot contains a mounted blaster, dart launcher, small plasma blade, vibroblade, and cable launcher, though only one component in each foot can be used at a time. Each leg is made from durasteel coated in a thin layer of phrik to strike a balance between endurance and weight. Despite the saber resistant nature of phrik, repeated strikes with a lightsaber in the same spot can weaken the phrik and slice through the durasteel core of the leg.
The remainder of Arachna includes various bits and baubles, some of which are common to standard sets of armor, but mostly as an experiment of how much crap Yula can jam into one object. Among the more unorthodox devices are scramblers and slicers designed to help jam and disrupt enemy communications including comms, scanners, cameras and probes. Similarly, the low-range tractor beam gauntlets can be used to physically disrupt any opposing technology or device. Purchased from Daro Tarsi who helped her design Arachna, a CRY-10V5 signal booster is installed in the armor as well, enabling a brief boost in communication signal strength that has the ability break through most jammers as a last resort.
The suit contains a handful of standard defenses, including EMP/Ion drains, bacta injections for minor wounds, and a moderate shock field that covers only the user. The legs of Arachna have more durability than the body of the suit, though the body does offer a good level of protection against blasters and physical damage.
Edited by Yula Perl, 21 August 2019 - 03:19 PM.