Intent: Expand the Emergence Government, provide the EE with covert thread opportunities and sub a Police-like bureau not limited by jurisdiction.
Image Credit: N/A
Organization Name: The Intel and Control Agency (INCA)
Classification: Secret Police/Intelligence Agency
Affiliation: The Emergence Empire
Organization Symbol: N/A
- By definition, INCA is an interstellar Intelligence agency concerned with state safety by analysis and processing of acquired security intel from around the Galaxy and within Emergence borders. But in the modern world, definitions hardly define. INCA is an entity within itself. The Emergence government regards it as a separate government and thus allows it almost free reign to function as it pleases. Publicly and legally, it is a federal, civilian service. In reality, it is a body that answers to none other than itself and operates purely with the interest of the Emergence state in mind. Whatever that may involve. The INCA entity is made up of three sub-ministries:
- The first is the Intel, Infiltration and Espionage ministry, or IIE (since nobody can be bothered to articulate the second I, it's simply referred to as IE). Housed in IT-1 of the INCA HQ, the IE is concerned with intel gathered on opposition forces and the Galaxy at large through the use of espionage and covert infiltration. IE employs the use of Spies mostly along with any covert means of acquiring information. Nothing about it is necessarily legal. Their breach of privacy and opposition state security is blatant.
- CICR (Pronounced Sicker), or the Counter-insurgency/Counter-religion sub-ministry concerns itself with stable societal function within Emergence territory. CICR is viewed as the secret police boogeyman by E citizens, and it certainly lives up to its perceptions. Unlike the normal E Police, CICR operates without jurisdiction and often without restriction. They gather and process intel on the Emergence's society and keep a close eye on almost every aspect, watching like an invisible Big Brother for any sign of Religious insurgency, rebellion or terrorism. They pride themselves on their ruthless ability to wipe threat and religion clean off E society without trace or hassle.
- The new age Inquisitorious. The Anakritis operate with a single prime directive. To cleanse the Galaxy of Jedi and Sith alike. They are un-concerned with anything within or without Emergence borders unless it has something to do with either group. They can be considered an elite division within the Emergence military on the outside while something similar to the aforementioned on the inside. Their arsenal is made up of Spies, Inquisitor Droids, Avilok operatives, anti-FU weaponry etc.
Headquarters: INCA Complex, Skism
Domain: Primarily within Emergence borders. Covert influence outside state lines. INCA is considered a boogeyman within S'kiss community. The people consider them a Big Brother that has a constant eye on all things. There is varying opinion on this matter. Most disenfranchised communities view them with hatred/fear as they know their communities are closer to what's considered insurgency or religious terrorism. Higher classes and more developed communities recognise their invasive omniscience but often consider this a byproduct of a safe and secure state.
Notable Assets: Access to resources such as Cortosis, large budget and factories for the production of EHK Droids.
- Prime Director - Head of INCA. The Prime Director represents INCA to the Superiex, is responsible for the agency's major decisions and operations.
- Vice Director - Advisor and replacement to the Prime Director, the Vice. D. processes and filters information from the Ministry Directors. Acting much like a secretary and right-hand, responsibilities range from organising the P.D's day to fulfilling their duties in their absence. If the P.D's service is cut short, the Vice takes their place for a pre-determined period.
- Ministry Director - Responsible for their respective Ministries, the Ministry Director is the head of.. you guessed it, their ministry. They make all major decisions, represent, and are accountable for their ministry.
- Vice Ministry Director - The same as the Vice Director, but on single-ministry level.
- Sub-division management - within each Ministry, sub-divisions are headed by Generals. Such as Intel General, Infiltration General and Espionage General for the IIE. CI-General and CR-General for CICR. Same applies for the Anakritis.
Membership: INCA employs millions of individuals. Being a civilian service, application and acceptance into INCA is relatively simple. Criteria ranges in complexity and exclusivity relative to the role. IIE and CICR are broader ministries that have a relatively high employment rate with application and entry being similar to any other government division with a focus on exceptional academics and critical-thinking ability. The Anakritis is a much more exclusive Ministry. Generally their criteria is narrow, focusing on applicants with a military background or desire. Employment turnover rate is much higher than the former ministries as the Anakritis have a much more work-intense environment.
Regardless of Ministry, a thorough background check is run on prospective applicants followed by academic evaluation. Passing both, applicants can expect to be legally leashed via several contracts ranging from discretion to service period along with threat-to-life guarantees.
Climate: There are varying levels to INCA. On its most innocent, workers operate in an office environment not dissimilar to other federal services. The deeper you go or the higher on the career progression ladder you climb, the more life and interaction becomes shrouded in secrecy and devoid of morals. It doesn't take long for employees/operatives to come to terms with how exactly INCA functions. Any deeper than the offices and work becomes just-follow-orders. Don't ask too many questions, and if you do, pick your words right.
Reputation: Within the Emergence, INCA lies on both ends of the spectrum. Either it's the infamous boogeyman big-brother that knows and watches all and will remove you from existence at the drop of a religious pin. Or they're the quiet, omniscient police who keep you safe from anything that resembles threat. Due to the Emergence's hermit nature in the Galaxy, INCA is unknown beyond its own borders.
Curios: Employees have nothing more than ID Badges for moving in and out of their work space. Those more concerned with INCA's deeper motives may carry badges bearing the insignia and colour scheme of their respective Ministry. Such badges, depending on what rung within INCA's ladder you're on have varying degrees of influence. Whether that's bypassing authority, persuading citizens or granting yourself access to bits and bobs within the E government.
Rules: INCA can be considered a separate government. It does not follow traditional authority and operates according to what needs to be done. Employees abide by all the normal policies and rules of the average federal entity. Depending on where within INCA you are, your life may be chained to varying numbers of discretion contracts that limit what you can and cannot say.
Goals: Each Ministry has a prime directive that can be easily discerned by its title. INCA as a whole concerns itself with a broad spectrum of State Security and Intel Processing.
The S'kiss population has, since its transition to a unified democracy, been one of the few truly peaceful civilisations and thus its need for authority in the form of police was very limited. Post-Emergence however, societal stability has taken a noticeable pitfall. This, coupled with the Emergence's ambitious plans concerning its own citizens and the Galaxy at large necessitated the creation of a covert entity operating with State Security in mind. Thus, INCA was born. The Intel and Control agency does both. It gathers and processes Intel and Controls the population within which it operates. However, it is separate from traditional authority as its operation is seemingly unrestricted. It has no jurisdiction nor any discernible leash held by the Emergence Government. They are essentially two completely separate entities. INCA controls itself and acts with only the interest of State Security and advancement in mind. To achieve these ends, it is free to do as it deems necessary. Yet with all its power, INCA still ultimately bends to the whim of the Superiex.
Edited by Orex Mauda, 10 September 2019 - 04:12 PM.