OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a battle droid who’s design is not ripped from a popular video game
- Image Source: Closest I could find
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Horizon Tech
- Affiliation: Outer Rim Coalition, Closed Market
- Model: N/A
- Production: Minor
- Modularity: No
- Material: Durasteel, electrical components, droid brain
- Classification: Class Four
- Weight: 250 kg
- Height: 2.7m
- Movement: Six legs, though it can be mounted on structures for defense.
- Armaments: Heavy Laser Cannon
- Misc. Equipment: Bio-sensors and basic scanners
- After each charge, the heavy laser cannon can shoot a sustained beam, or several smaller beams in succession.
- Kaboom: The laser cannon mounted on this droid packs a heavy blow, enough to punch through medium vehicle plating with sustained fire.
- Pitbull: Once the sentinel has a target in its sight, it will pursue at nearly any cost.
- Sturdy: Takes a few heavy hits to put em down.
- The Eye: A decisive blow to the droid’s more fragile eye will cause it to explode.
- The Legs: The more you cut off or render useless, the more unstable this weighty droid becomes. Unstable droids can be easily toppled, and while they will still fire at you, they are far easier to defeat when stationary.
- Refractory period: The laser cannons take some time to power up between each shot, during which the droid is unable to attack by any other means.
- EMP/Ion Weaponry: Vulnerable to EMP/Ion weaponry
The sentinel droid was designed to be a basic bruiser combatant, using standard sensors to target opponents and chase after them until either the target or the droid is destroyed. This means that the droid will blast through walls, vehicles, or any obstacle without hesitation. The single armament that this droid bears is a heavy laser cannon, which can fire in bursts or sustained beams. The laser cannon is located in the droid’s ‘eye’, and must charge before each use. The head of this droid can rotate 360 degrees, making them easily able to locate an unconcealed target.
The droid’s eye is a critical weak spot—a decisive blow there will cause the droid to malfunction, and ultimately explode. Aside from it’s eye, the droid’s legs are made of durasteel and can be sliced by a lightsaber, impeded by heavy fire, or crushed by other means. The more legs a sentinel loses, the more unsteady it becomes and the easier it topples over. Toppled droids cannot right themselves on their own, and will flail helplessly, firing laser beams until they are deactivated or put down by other means.
With no shielding due to expense, sentinel droids rely on their heavy durasteel bodies as a primary means of protection, and can withstand a few heavy blows before being destroyed. While typically found on the battlefield where allied fighters give them a wide berth due to their aggressive nature, these droids can also be mounted on fortresses or other military compounds as equally aggressive guardians.
Edited by Yula Perl, 12 September 2019 - 05:18 PM.