OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a location for Clan RP following the Battle of Mandalore (Operation Hammerfall)
- Image Credit: Link, Link, Link, Link, Link
- Canon: N/A
- Links: Clan Australis
- Planet Name: Eriu
- Demonym: Eriu Nagai
- Region: Unknown Regions
- System Name: Eriu System
- System Features: Main sequence Yellow star at the early stages of life. Surrounded by a reflection type nebula capable of preventing the star's light from escaping the area, the system has remained hidden from prying eyes for some time.
A messy outer system cloud of nebula gas, comets and asteroids surrounds the inner system. The system is made up of seven planets, of which four are habitable; six terrestrial, and one outer gas giant.
- Location: A-28 (ss)
- Major Imports: High Technology, Raw Materials, Foodstuffs
- Major Exports: Military equipment, Manufacturing equipment, Luxury goods, Warriors, Mastercrafted Blades, Artwork
- Unexploited Resources: Neutronium, Doonium, Songsteel, Phrik, Kyber Crystals, Aurodium
Gravity : Standard
Climate : Temperate
Terrain : Grassland, Plains, Desert, Mountains, Ocean
Atmosphere : Type I
Capital City: Arcadia Civitas
Planetary Features: Scattered towns and villages with only the one major city integrated into the natural environment on the west coast of the continent. Almost every form of terrain and climate can be found at one point or another on the main landmass or one of the outlying island chains.
- Tracyn'Marev - Nearby inner planet, given a name in Mando'a, for the Nagai's native home galaxy. It is a molten sea of heavy metals, very close to the star. Rich in ore, this is a prime location for mining. It is an important cultural icon to the Nagai of Eriu, as its orbit is congruent with that of their world, making it a near-permanent fixture in the sky both day and night.
- Eriu - The planet's name is shared by the planetary continent. It is mostly ocean, with one large landmass and several tiny island chains. The land mass is divided into several sub-regions, including the capital city; Arcadia, with the highest population density and the main economic hub of both the planet and the system.
- Arcadia - Capital City of Eriu, rising from the wilderness, with the natural vegetation incorporated into the cityscape, it is a wonder to behold. Located on the western tip of the continent, it overlooks both the grassy plains and the wide planetary ocean.
- Uberwald Forest - Located east of the capital beyond the surrounding hills, this dark and forbidding forest covers the entire plain between the planetary ocean and the mountain range that bisects the contenent. Many native and introduced species make their homes here, and it is a dangerous place, but excellent for hunting.
- Great Forbidden Desert - This area represents the limit of eastern exploration prior to technological advancement making it possible. It is a vast desert region devoid of vegetation and water sources, making it near impossible to traverse on foot. It makes an excellent natural barrier for the enclaves of the East.
- Far Eastern Enclaves - These trading outposts located on the Eastern limit of the planetary continent were long isolated by the great deserts. The locals still maintain their own mercantile subculture despite long centuries of planetary unification. With their own architectural style reflecting their long isolation, these Nagai are particularly suspicious of outsiders, even as they are willing to trade with them.
- Nagai/Mandalorian Yards - Located in orbit around the planet, these expansive shipyards fuel the boom in local industry, as well as providing a link between industry on Eriu and other places insystem.
- Native Species: Various native non-sentient avian, mammalian, reptilian, insect and aquatic species.
- Immigrated Species: Mix between humans and other sentient species, with large alien populations. Includes; Nagai, Wookiees, Togorians, Besalisks, Trandoshans, Duros, Nautolans, Kiffar, Firrereo. Introduced species include; Maalraas, Olbio Tree, Vornskr, Ysalamiri
- Population: Moderate : Approximately 7,000,000
- Demographics: Primarily humans and Nagai, though with a large alien population. 35% Nagai 25% Human 40% Other. Species matters less than ability and prejudice of any kind is frowned upon.
- Primary Languages: Nagai, Galactic Standard Basic, Mando'a
- Culture: Warrior society. The local warrior culture gels well with the Mandalorians.
The militaristic nature of the local Nagai societies, combined with the will to avoid world-devastating conflicts in future led to unification under a single strong ruling government.
Represented by leaders who actually further the best interests of the people, participation is high and tolerance for incompetence and corruption is low.
Wars have been replaced with sporting contests, both individual and team based, with the various games and contests slightly on the violent side compared to galactic norms.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
- Government: Federal Republic
- Affiliation: Clan Australis
- Wealth: High - Extensive primary industry, mineral wealth as well as booming agriculture and aquaculture.
- Stability: High - Economic prosperity leads to little crime or unrest. Local police presence is conducive to good public behaviour.
- Freedom & Oppression: Personal freedoms are enshrined in law. Society encourages striving to benefit the whole. Respect for the law is high, because the law reflects clearly the will of the people.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
- Military: Limited local militias and ground and air forces. Small spacefaring navy with modern equipment.
- Technology: Exposure to modern galactic technology.
Discovered during an expedition to map out new worlds suitable for colonization; an accident sent one of the scouts tumbling out of control into a local reflection nebula. It was well known to local spacers of course, but what wasn't known was that there was a star system inside it, much less an inhabited one with several habitable planets.
Inside the nebula, which is located on the very edge of the galactic plane, the system's second planet was home to a thriving Nagai civilization who had progressed over thousands of years.
Cut off by a lack of interstellar vessels and the nature of the star system, the original colonists, marooned, were forced to adapt to life on their new home, and technology had to be invented and progress in order for the local Nagai to return to space.
Development of the system's unique culture and technology continued over a long time, with ever-larger groups vying for power, both economic and political.
The local Nagai technology eventually progressed to the point where global conflict was a possibility, and soon after that, a reality. The geography of the planet, with a large ocean and massive continental mass meant no large physical barriers between warring powers. The ensuing war was brutal and devastating.
Instantaneous global communication was the saviour of the locals, allowing for the first cease fire and then peace treaties. The following accords began the transformation of the local militarism into a zeal to avoid future conflict, and to strive to better one's self and one's people.
Advances into technology have allowed the local Nagai to begin exploring their solar system, even forming small scientific outposts on several other bodies insystem.
Due to the nature of the nebula surrounding the system, the locals cannot see any other stars or stellar bodies.
Searching for a new home for Clan Australis well away from Mandalorian space, Clan explorers in scout spheres made first contact with the local inhabitants. After finding common ground on culture, the Mandalorian promise of advanced technology and access to galactic markets won over the locals, and they signed an alliance, eager to make credits.
Economic prosperity ensued, as Mandalorian firms engaged with locals to uplift the local manufacturing base, and utilize advanced terraforming and construction options, including nanoconstruction, to best take advantage of the system's vast resources.
Edited by Kaine Australis, 10 September 2019 - 01:45 AM.