OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent:To create a highly armed and armored cruiser for suppression, blockade and extermination tasks.
Image Source: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=3812
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A
Manufacturer: Eriaduan Manufacturing shipyards
Affiliation: Closed Market
Model: Tyrant Class Modular Missile Cruiser
[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Duraplast] Duraplast plating
[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Carbonite/Legends] Heat Resistant Carbonite, coating
[https://starwars.fan...iki/Laminasteel] Lamina steel crossection, tubing
[https://starwars.fan...Quadanium_steel] Quadanium steel secondary plating
[https://starwars.fan.../wiki/Durasteel] Durasteel frame and subframe
[https://starwars.fan...risteel/Legends] Transparasteel windows| portholes
Classification: Modular Missile/Heavy Cruiser
Width: max 360m
Reactor Core: Large Hypermatter Reactor
Engines: 3 fusial thrust engines [https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Fusial_thrust_engine], 16 turbolifts
Hyperdrive Class:4.5/ 10.0 back up
Speed: 85 MGLT | 400 kp/h atmospheric speed
- 100 quad lasergun turrets
- 360 modular missile tubes [proton torpedoes, Ion pulse torpedoes, Ion cluster Torpedoes, High Yield shells, etc]
- 80 flak guns
- 8 Ion Cannon batteries
- 40 Quad Turbolasers
- Point Defense 80 Turbolaser batteries.
-standard shield generator
-Heat Resistant carbonite coating
-Quadinum steel secondary plating
Hangar Space: Base [1 Squadrons]
Support craft: 2 [civilian shuttles]
260 Operative personel
1200 Military personel/troops
Maneuverability Rating: Low
Speed Rating: Low
-[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Frequency_jammer] Frequency Jammer[/url]
-[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/HoloNet/Legends] Holonet Transeiver [/url]
-[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Encryption_module/Legends] Encryption Module[/url]
-[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Subspace_transceiver] Subspace Transeiver [/url]
-Standard sensory array
-Standard Life support system
-standard shield generator
-Standard Thermal Shield generator
- 14 escape pods
- Turbolifts for atmospheric flight
[https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Thermal_shielding] Thermal shielding, though useful in combat in this case it is mainly used to allow for high speed atmospheric entries without the ship burning up while doing so.
- Detachable armory: This section of the ship, which is located at the bottom of the crossection in between the massive missile launcher ring, can be detached to lighten the load of the ship in cases of emergency maneuvres, but in doing so, the ship's missile ring will also only be able to fire what has already been loaded in the tubes and nothing more. This can also be used for atmospheric payload delivery.
- Highly armed ship: able to exchange its missiles within the missile tube ring for any type necessary, with detacheable armory, a wide assortment of point defensive and offensive weaponry such as turbolasers and ion canons to be able to face off against larger ships if need be.
- Highly automated ship: resolving the need of an immense crew by using many automated systems. Though standard crews are usually needed for the weaponry, the ship's weapon controls can be set to an automatic status allowing for but a few officers to use the entire ship's arsenal to their leisure.
- Suppression duties: the ability to be able to bombard a planet with missiles which do not lose firepower when entering the atmosphere unlike laser and blaster projectiles makes this ship perfect for putting a stranglehold on hostile planets or rebellious factions.
-Small starfighter contingency: Though this is in all intents and purposes a small capital ship, it's number of starfighter support is rather minimal, thus reducing its posibility to gain air|space superiority in combat on its own.
-Not a fast ship: Due to having to make concessions for its ample firepower and excellent defenses, the ship's speed and maneuvrability are not to be called anything near spectacular. A slow hyperdrive and only minimal atmospheric top speed make this a heavily fortified, but still slow moving target for faster, more agile ships.
The Tyrant Class cruiser is depicted and described as a heavy cruiser despite the fact that it is actually smaller than most cruisers throughout the history of the galaxy. It is a ship primarily built for pacification, suppression and blockading. It's highly sophisticated targeting systems, automation and high firepower make it an outstanding means of defense when there is enough supporting craft to cover it.
The ability to actually create a missile grid is this ship's strongest and most unique feature. The enormous missile ring it carries is capable of a 360° field of attack and allows for better precision during bombardment and suppression.
Edited by Credius Nargath, 11 November 2019 - 04:17 PM.