OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a "Feth you" Hand Cannon just because I can.
- Image Source: Artstation - Atul Verma
- Canon Link: Pulse Cannon, Phased Pulse Cannon
- Primary Source: Me, cus I want to.
- Manufacturer: Kale Seleare
- Affiliation: Kale Seleare
- Model: MoXXXie
- Modularity: No
- Classification: Pulse Cannon/Plasma Blaster
- Size: Very Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Ammunition Type: Isotope-5 Power Cells
- Ammunition Capacity: 6 Shots/Rounds per Powercell
Reload Speed: Average
- Effective Range: Personal - Long Rage
- Rate of Fire: Average
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: Extreme
- Pulse Canon in a compact package
- Plasma Burst/Explosion upon impact
- Extreme Heat Damage potential
- Illegal for Civilian use in various systems
- Packing (Extreme) Heat: As a plasma based weapon powered by Isotope-5, this literal hand cannon has ludicrous amounts of power output for each shot fired. Not only is it based off of a weapon platform that many Governments, or military installations don't use because of its over penetration, or extremely deadly effects, its all shrunk down to the size of a pistol. Albeit a very large and heavy one. Secondly, plasma based weapons have a tendency to not just burn out after impacting with a target. Furthermore, by increasing the energy output with the bolt of plasma, when impacting a surface the plasma bolt will splash across the surface of whatever it hits. Typically this will cause extreme burns to pretty much anything but plate armor. Even then, the heat and the impact of the bolt can potentially deal debilitating damage to armors. Should the case ever pop up where the bolt cannot pierce the armor, the heat alone from plasma coating the wearer, could cause hot spots on the armor, or even burn them while still in side if they are covered in enough of this splashed plasma. Tertiary, Pulse Cannons are known for their bolt's extraordinary speed. Namely being able to hit fast moving objects, and even better, be much more harder to defend against with a Lightsaber. With the combination of a high kinetic impact, plasma splash, and insane speed, its quite deadly.
- Soft Skin-Be-Gone: Years ago, some scientist guy came up with one of the most well known laws of physics. Namely, Every action, has an equal but opposite reaction. As with so much power being shoved out of a single barrel, the same amount of force is being applied to the gunner. This cannon has the comparable kick back of a full fledged heavy rifle platform, but in the size of your hand. The recoil can be enough to make anyone not expecting it to have the barrel smack them in the face, or outright have the gun fly out of their hands. This is not a toy.
- Glorified Brick: To provide so much energy down range, the gun needs to be able to withstand the stress of firing such a bolt, multiple times, within the short time period. As such, reverting to a more stalwart frame reminiscent of a Revolver is required. While the "Cylinder" is replaced with just the entirety of the energy cell, it opens on the left side with a small latch on the frame of the gun, where it can be opened up, energy cell removed, and a new one placed in, and closed up. Due to the size, and the cast nature of the frame, it is heavier than a majority of all other pistol based weapons on the market. More over, its blocky nature means it's harder to conceal the weapon under a shirt or even in a jacket. You are almost required to have this in a thigh holster in order to carry this weapon with you.
- Rudimentary Dear Watson: Its just a Hand Cannon. Its pure purpose is to just send energy down range in such a devastating form. There are no laser pointers, no auto-steady do-dads, or flashlights or what have you. About the only thing remotely "tech" based about it, is the function of a Pulse blaster system, and the Holo-sights.
- The Hard Stuff: Pulse Cannons are extremely destructive. Hence why some governments do not use them. Secondary to this, the weapon type is considered illegal in a couple systems within the galaxy. Namely systems that have larger populaces, Military Zones, or even just your run of the mill planet that doesn't want no trouble. Carrying this weapon around will garner quite a bit of attraction, and could get you on the wrong side of the law. Introductory gun this is not.
- "Its on my Face!": Plasma splashes? Impact splashes with volatile results? Yeah. Using this weapon at a point blank range can be extremely deadly to the victim just as much as the gunman. You might get blacksplash on you, your face, and everything else.
You ever had to face someone down? Sometimes it can be fairly easy. However, its really difficult to do the same when the person is decked out in full armor, charging at you, with a weapon that could easily make you have a bad day. Well, Kale wanted a gun that could solve that problem. A gun that can damage armors, people in them, and just people who are being a little too snippy at him. Basing it completely off of the Pulse Cannons, some of which could even destroy fast moving speeders, but now brought down to the size of a, barely manageable, hand cannon.
Its one singular purpose in life, is to send enough energy down range, to at worse, make something think twice about their decisions. At best, end them in any way possible and to stop whatever threat they may be posing.
A handcannon by any other name. MoXXXie is very likely, one of, if not the most lethal weapon within Kale's arsenal.
Edited by Kale Seleare, 11 September 2019 - 04:21 AM.