OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a unique weapon for Celiana to use in stealth ops as well as in general.
- Image Source: https://twitter.com/...695000252657664
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: C-Tac R&D (Coruscant Tactical)
- Affiliation: Celiana, Confederacy of Independent Systems Ministry of Secrets Division
- Model: N/A
- Modularity: No
- Material: Phrik, Homing software, Magnetic Field Generator, Directed Magnetic Fields (DMF) along the barrel
- Classification: Hand Held Rail-Gun
- Size: Small
- Weight: Light
- Ammunition Type: Flanged armor-piercing homing rounds (Flechettes)
- Ammunition Capacity: 10 Round Clip
Reload Speed: Fast
- Effective Range:Average
- Rate of Fire: Average
- Stopping Power: High
- Recoil: Average
- Homing Tech Included in the pistol.
- The flechettes are magnetically fired, and can be recalled to the weapon, allowing for functionally infinite ammo and the ability to hit targets from the rear.
- Recoil Compensator
- I didn't miss. The Ingram-40 has the ability to fire the round behind a person and then trigger a reversal in the magnetic field generator within the weapon. Bringing the round right back through a person, then through a plasma chamber and right back into the mag.
- The recoil compensator requires regular tuning. If it is not maintained the compensator will eventually fail, leading to higher recoil and more time required to re-acquire targets overall leading to a less effective but still lethal weapon.
Celiana upon moving back to Coruscant needed a supply of informants and weapons. Through various sources coming back to a gun dealer Celiana learned of prototype weaponry being assembled by C-Tac, Coruscant Tactical. A group which provided weaponry to local police departments in the Lower city. They also supply weaponry and armor to the Senate and local politician bodyguards. After a discreet and illegal entry into C-Tac, Celiana walked off with the only case of these weapons produced, along with notes from the developers of potential ways to upgrade the weapons.
Essentially a handheld rail-gun. The Ingram-40 Flechette Pistol utilizes a magnetic field generator and directed magnetic fields along the barrel to accelerate the Flechette out at incredible velocities. This lends itself to the immense stopping power from such a small weapon. Celiana speaks with a designer of the weapon and he offered more intel about the weapon.
Edited by Celiana, 12 September 2019 - 12:33 AM.