OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create NPC captain of the Judge flagship and influential master figure to help represent ORC lawmen in more than a PC context.
- Image Credit: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
- Role: Commander of the Verdict and respected rogue master friendly to the Outer Rim Coalition.
- Links: /
- Age: 70
- Force Sensitivity: Master
- Species: Human/Epicanthix
- Appearance: Nearly two meters of solid granite in the form of a heavily armored humanoid. Rex looks more like some outer rim warlord than the usual average spacer disguise. Two sawed off scatterguns dangle from his hip which he wields one handed. Strapped across his chest is a bandolier with spare shells and the hilt of a forest green broadsaber. The marshal's face is pock marked with age but if his years weigh on him there is no outward sign of it. A controlled ferocity burns just as brightly in his eyes as they did when he was exiled from his order.
- Name: Marshal Rex Tyrosus
- Loyalties: Outer Rim Coalition
- Wealth: While Tyrosus has no interest in material gain he is well compensated by the Coalition for his ongoing efforts keeping local hyperlanes safe from piracy, hostile aliens, and Imperial aggression. All of these proceeds go straight to upkeep and resupply.
- Notable Possessions: Rex is commanding officer of the Verdict, a heavily modified Darr Itah-class grand battlecruiser which was seized from the One Sith near the height of their power.
- Personality: Unlike many of the Judges Rex tends to vary from humorless to outright hostile. He was shunned by the Jedi for his uncontrollable anger. Considering this an asset he was accepted by his fellow outer rim exiles even if they may disagree with some abilities and methods he employs that the Jedi consider...unnatural. Despite these apparent flaws Marshal Tyrosus has worked with the Underground for years and never given any signs of deviation from his stern convictions about freedom, justice, and the rule of law. He is considered one of the most influential lawmen in the territories, second in respect only to Grand Marshal Fyre and his predecessor Marshal Bantam.
- Weapon of Choice: Sawed Off Scatterblasters, Greatsaber
- Combat Function: Marshal Tyrosus is a fleet tactician and challenging Force Master opponent. He specializes in martial combat and relies on the Force to enhance his natural fighting prowess. A larger than average frame can easily dual wield scatterblasters. In close quarters battle Rex is not to be trifled with, however his true skill lies on the bridge of a capital ship.
- Focused Aggression: Walking a fine line between light and dark, instead of letting his anger go Rex embraces it. He channels that fervor into a heightened sense of focus and awareness. Trained by the Jedi, he is a master of the dangerous vaapad form and taps into forbidden powers when his need is dire.
- Heavy Metal: Rex is a fearsome warrior but most of his battles are conducted relaying orders from the Verdict or on surface missions with his upper torso poking out of a repulsortank's turret.
- Recklessness: Marshal Tyrosus has little patience and is about as closed minded as it gets. He is no fool but can sometimes get so caught up in war frenzy that he forgets to look at the whole battlefield.
- Endless Rage: Although he displays a stunning level of self control all that rage is simmering just underneath the surface. That Rex is emotionally unstable is a polite way of putting it. Such strong passions are easily manipulated by a cunning foe.
Rex was just a young farm hand from Andelm IV when he was kidnapped by Karazak slavers and sold to the fighting pits on Nar Shaddaa. When he was eventually discovered and rescued by a wandering Jedi Knight his potential was recognized but the experience left him irrevocably changed. Despite early warning signs he was taken on as a padawan by a progressive master of the Jedi Order. The young man served his Republic for years before the unthinkable changed everything.
They were initiating first contact with a newly discovered lost colony when tragedy struck. A mistaken translation incited the natives who brought primitive weapons to bear en masse, killing Rex's master after his defenses became overwhelmed. Unable to control his rage any longer, the padawan slew every planetary representative in attendance and many of their guards. To this day the colony world shuns all contact with the wider galaxy and consider Jedi to be evil. Tyrosus was ultimately excommunicated from the Jedi Order when he refused to express proper remorse for his actions.
Returning to his homeworld he lived in exile for years more before he was drawn into a conflict between slavers and a group of Wardens, those that would number among the first of the Judges in days to come. Finding that he missed the thrill of battle too much to resume his hermit's existence he joined up with the Underground on their campaign of liberation against petty tyrants all across the rim. In those early days then Sheriff Tyrosus found that he had a natural gift for commanding space battles. With his commandeered Boneshatter patrol frigate for a time he was a thorn in the side of despot and pirate clan alike.
Then the day came when he was chosen to take command of the Verdict, for all intents and purposes Judge flagship. While its crew is almost entirely local militia several of the battlecruiser's senior officers are fanatical sheriffs that Marshal Tyrosus trained personally. Most recently he and his crew took command at the Battle of Pantora and while their vessel sustained heavy damage it is rumored to still be out there somewhere. Rex takes very little interest in most planetary affairs, only hunting to ground those who manage to escape him in the void of space.
Edited by Zak Amroth, 15 September 2019 - 11:30 AM.