OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To continue to extend the lore of Atrisia
- Image Credit: N/A
- Canon: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Structure Name: Vael Aser
- Classification: Temple
- Location: Atrisia
- Affiliation: /Atrisian Commonwealth
- Accessibility: The location itself is fairly remote in the mountains presenting as a white marble dome with one entrance. Inside are gardens and rooms but in the snow packed mountains it is nearly invisible from the outside. Internally the central spire is designed to allow admittance to each of the rooms that rotate once a day each year. Making it a mixture, getting there and finding it might be hard but once inside people can easily roam around.
- Description: The bulk of the temple is concealed underground within the mountain with the top being two structures. A glittering and highly polished building of white marble that has been carved and cut in a way that it interlocks and stacks looking as a solid piece. Below this first layer is a circular chamber with a spire that rotates down into the planet. The central shaft is 2093.976 meters long and consists of six hundred and eighty seven circular rooms stacked one upon the other. The chambers themselves have walkways that descend down through galleries and the temple itself emerges as a massive structure within the outer shell until you reach the base. Here it connects and runs off into an underground river. The central spire revolves with an orrery of the atrisian solar system at the very top. One years revolution of the spire follows the patter and each of the central rooms are accessible one day of a year before being sealed once again.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Gardens: A middle area between the central spire and its walkways and the exterior shell of the temple. Overgrown and rarely tended to with mirrors and irrigation systems in the ice that tend to them with almost no input needed from a sentient being attending to them.
The Spire: Designed within the main temple, the spire is stacked ring rooms along a central pillar that rotates with the revolution of the planet around the sun leaving a doorway open each day of the year for a single day. Its geothermal taps to power it and revolve it are simple and built to last.
Low: Built with a very remote and hard to reach location and exterior walls that blend in with the snow and ice very effectively. There are no real defenses aside from heavy stone doors and its location.
Not much is known about the structure when it was discovered by the Atrisian commonwealth in one of their restoration and exploration missions. The temple as the didn't know what else to call it was intricate, the central spire designed in such a way they had never seen it and after some research they started to understand what it was or at least what it did and how it worked. Murals filled in a little more about the lore at it depicted battles against something within the mountains themselves.
The murals themselves depicting the mountains and a battle as something intruded upon them. A being who fought all of the gods and made a general pain of itself in the heavens. He was eventually stopped and this temple was built to imprison him in the deepest level where he could only be seen and spoken with once a year but the keeper of the temple. There wasn't much more to it... the legends were before even the unification wars and everything that was being done on Atrisia. They sent small teams to the temple and mostly tried to find a better way to stud it without disturbing things as Maple Harte once pointed out that legends on Atrisia tended to be true somehow.
Edited by Junko Ike, 27 September 2019 - 09:29 AM.