OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To take over production of an earlier created model and to streamline its production goals as a mass market modular starfighter.
- Image Source: https://www.pinteres...129926/?lp=true
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.ne...r/#entry1975174
- Manufacturer: Eriadu Manufacturing Shipyards
- Affiliation: Closed Market
- Model: GF-11 - Galafighter Mk II
- Production: Minor
- Material: Durasteel hull
- Classification: Starfighter
- Length: 9.6 meters
- Width: 6.5 meters
- Height: 3 meters
- Armament: Low
- 2 Laser Cannons
- 2 Concussion Missile Launchers (4 Concussion Missiles each)
- Defenses: Low
- Squadron Count: Moderate: 16
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: High
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
- Standard Communications Array
- Standard Deflector Shield Generator
- Standard Hyperdrive
- Standard Ion Engines
- Standard Life Support Systems
- Standard Navigational Systems
- Standard Repulsorlift Engines
- Standard Sensor Array
- Standard Starfighter Weapons: Laser Cannons, Concussion Missile Launcher
- Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
- Swiveling Weapon Mounts (laser cannons)
- 4x Phantom-class Short-Range Sensor Jammer
- Cost effective: Just like it's predecessor, this little starfighter is extremely cost effective, churning out much larger volumes and allowing for a better replacement policy than before.
- Speedy: Due to the budget cuts, the craft has shed some weight and in exchange gained some speed.
- Swarm, due to high automatization, can be used remotely, but not with high complexity maneuvers.
- Structurally weaker than it's predecessor: budget cuts demanded sacrifices to be made in the defensive capabilities of the craft.
- Weak to EMP and Ion grenades.
As it's predecessor, the Gala Fighter is a swift little bugger, designed to be deployed en masse and with overwhelming numbers thanks to the small size of the craft. Though losing some of its defensive capacities in regards to structural plating, the pay off comes in the form of higher agility and much cheaper cost. The added bonus of now being built by EMS means the automation of the ships is improved, allowing for remote control in use for basic maneuvers or bomb runs. As the original's interceptor role has been replaced by the Peltast class Interceptor, the GF-11 now fullfills a simple, singular role for future clients.
Edited by Credius Nargath, 06 October 2019 - 12:27 AM.