OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To submit a new light tank for ORC forces as a way to fiddle around with some ideas.
- Image Source: Hover Tank by Jake Jerde
- Canon Link: /
- Primary Source: /
- Manufacturer: SoroSuub Corporation
- Affiliation: Outer Rim Coalition
- Model: Ronin-class Assault Tank
- Modularity: No.
- Material: Doonium Plating, Durasteel Frame
- Classification: Tank
- Role: Assault Tank
- Size: Average
- Weight: Light
- Minimum Crew: 2
- Optimal Crew: 4
- Propulsion: Repulsorlift
- Speed: Fast
- Maneuverability: Low
- Armaments: Average
- Defenses: High
- Passenger Capacity: None
- Cargo Capacity: Very Small
- Encrypted Comm Unit
- Targeting Sensors
- Inertial Dampers
- Life Support
- Distress Beacon
- Sensor Bafflers
- Magnetic Clamps
- Light Assault: More compact than a typical combat walker, the Ronin relies on a heavy beam cannon to punch above its weight and superior mobility for rapid engagement and withdrawal.
- Pathfinder: Hover tanks are entirely powered by repulsorlift engines and immune to most terrain difficulties that walker-based vehicles would struggle to traverse.
- EMP/Ion: Because the Ronin requires constant power for both its engines and weapon systems to function, successful ion attacks are particularly devastating to the craft. If enough shots penetrate the tank loses both its offensive armament and mobility.
- Vulnerable Underbelly: While the hover tank's outer shell is protected by thick layers of reinforced doonium plating which can stand up to everything but heavy ordnance, its surface side is only thinly shielded so it won't interfere with the engine systems.
The Ronin light assault tank is a combat vehicle designed for use by various local planetary guards that make up the bulk of the Outer Rim Coalition's standing forces. Embracing fast attack doctrines which play against their enemies' weaknesses, the repulsorlift powered hover tank is equipped with a side mounted beam cannon turret as well as three heavy cannons and a lighter AP cannon on the fore. Under ideal circumstances it is operated by a driver, a bow gunner, a main gunner, and navigator/commander.
Rebel armor has a reputation for its ramshackle quality and in this respect SoroSuub doesn't disappoint. Ronins are meant to be cheap and effective, eschewing aesthetics for function at every corner. Its interior is cramped and spartan. They are easily transportable and magnetic clamps even allow for emergency airlifts. A combat hauler can relocate multiple Ronins at once, giving the tank unparalleled access to both remote and well defended conflict zones.
Edited by Miel Tevv, 06 October 2019 - 06:54 AM.