OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a puppet ruler for the Mandalorian territory under TSE
- Image Credit: [x] - Wookieepedia
- Role: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Age: 34
- Force Sensitivity: Non-Force User
- Species: Human
- Appearance: A Human of above average height, Teyn Gratiir epitomizes the visage of a soldier who has worked hard to build his life and provide for all those who share it. His body is muscled from toiling in the fields of Concord Dawn, well-tanned and well-defined. His black hair is buzzed down into a military cut, his face likewise clean-shaven. When called upon by the Sith Empire to serve as the uniting figurehead for the now broken Mandalorian Clans, Teyn traded in his modest beskar'kandar for an elaborate suit of armor with flowing crimson fabric and a mask that was deliberately modeled to mirror the ancient masks of Mandalore the Indomitable and Mandalore the Ultimate.
- Name: Teyn Gratiir
- Mandalore the Conciliator (Kadtaniyai Mand'alor) - By his Supporters
- Mandalore the Deceived (Hodar Mand'alor) - By his Detractors
- Loyalties: The Sith Empire
- Wealth: High
- Years of farming has garnered the Gratiir clan a sizable amount of wealth, enough for them to sustain their lifestyle and not truly want for any of the essentials of living.
- Married into wealth through Amaya Cardei.
- Ever since falling into the Sith Emperor's clutches, Teyn Gratiir and his immediate family have benefited greatly from the Empire's generosity in funding his rise to the position of Mand'alor.
- Notable Possessions:
- Skilled with Melee Weapons
- Competent with Ranged Weapons
- Experienced Farmer
- Personality: Coming from humble beginnings, Teyn understood the struggle and plight of the Mandalorian working class. Having worked all of his life, Teyn was never one to be afraid of getting his hands dirty and was considered by his companions to be exceptionally diligent and invested in everything he ever did. A life of steady toil planted the seeds of a calm, collected, and rational individual who never allowed his emotions to sway him one way or the other. His purposefully booming voice was often enough to de-escalate any between individuals or even whole groups. Teyn has used this oratory conciliation to great effect in mending the divides between the Clans who found themselves part of the Sith Empire following the Siege of Mandalore.
- Weapon of Choice:
- Blaster Weaponry
- Jet Pack Rocket
- Wrist Blasters / Flamethrower
- Power Hammer
- Vambrace Blades
- Combat Function: Though fully capable of holding his own in a fight, Teyn's position as the Sith-appointed Mandalore was more of a ceremonial and political role than it was militarily. He was raised up to be a uniting figurehead, a Mandalorian who understood the tribulations of the lower class and who could present himself as a national hero of the Mandalorian culture; someone that the Mandalorians could relate to. When needed, his Imperial puppet masters would engineer confrontations that would exemplify Teyn's strength and prowess in battle to curtail any lingering thoughts about the combative competency of the new Mandalore.
- Blue-Collar: Teyn hails from a rustic farming lifestyle on the plains of Concord Dawn. His humble upbringing has allowed Teyn to reach out and connect with the thousands of other Mandalorians workers that remained behind or found themselves unable to escape as the Sith Empire expanded into Mandalorian space.
- Stronk Farmer: A farm boy at heart, Teyn was no stranger to hard work and toil. Such an upbringing has shaped his body with powerful muscles shaped by working in the fields and handling heavy equipment, a strength that has transitioned seamlessly into a military life as a soldier and, more recently, as Mandalore.
- Conciliator: There are none who know Teyn that would proclaim that he was incapable of stopping a fight before it happened, as his purposeful and strong speech was more than enough to quell any hostilities present between two parties. Teyn's infectiously affable nature and desire to see slights mended has repaired many relationships over the years.
- Low Dexterity: Though strong and durable, Teyn's agility and swiftness leaves much to be desired. A life of back-breaking work may have sculpted a body perfect for heavy lifting and fighting, but actions involving smaller items and reacting to the quickness of others simply eludes the Mandalorian farm boy.
- Stubborn: Tenacious to a fault, Teyn is unrelenting in his pursuit of anything he sets his mind to. Incapable of conceding defeat, Teyn would continue at a given task far beyond the point that any rational person would relent. Though this has helped him many times in his reconciliation of others, it has landed him in plenty of hot water as well.
- Mandalorian Boy Scout: Teyn's rustic naïveté has enabled many individuals and groups to take advantage of his kindness and affable nature, the most recent culprits being the Lords of the Sith. The Sith have taken advantage of Teyn's simplistic nature and twisted it to their own ends, convincing Teyn that the only path towards mending the wounds of the Red Coronation was to accept the title of Mandalore and serve at the Emperor's behest.
Born the youngest of four siblings, Teyn Gratiir's destiny appeared predetermined.
The only son in a relatively small clan from Concord Dawn, Teyn's early life was spent toiling on his family's farmstead. The Gratiir Clan worked a small patch of land that bordered the comparatively larger land of Clan Betna, with both clans forming a strong bond between them that reportedly dated back centuries. Power and influence were a distant mythology to the young Gratiir, his life fixated on his family and the day-to-day chores of his rustic life.
That all changed when he courted and married Amaya Cardei and relocated much of his clan to the distant world of Naboo. Though disoriented, Teyn adapted well to his new surroundings and came to enjoy Naboo's natural beauty and wildlife. Over the years Teyn and his wife would transit between Naboo and Concord Dawn on a regular basis, maintaining both of their holdings across the galaxy.
Initially, Teyn fought on behalf of Ra Vizsla and became involved in the Undying's Crusades against the Republic, but he ultimately found the brutal nature of his fellow Mandalorians unappealing. When Ra Vizsla seemingly perished on Castameer, Teyn returned to his simple life on Naboo and Concord Dawn. Only the Second Mandalorian Excision and the ascension of Vilaz Munin to the mantle of Mandalore made him pick up his weapon again, firmly believing that Munin's cause was a just and noble one.
When that conflict ended, Teyn again put aside his weapon and replaced it with the scythe and plow of the field.
Ra Vizsla's striking return splintered Clan Gratiir down the middle, with half of the clan remaining by Teyn's side on Concord Dawn and the other half abandoning Mandalorian space to found Clan Amun under the leadership of a Mandalorian known as Ourania Amun on Dantooine. Disillusioned with the Undying, and later the Infernal's, regime, Teyn chose to remain neutral in the coming conflicts and focused on his farm and his family even while war ravaged the galaxy around them.
It wasn't until Teyn was approached by emissaries of the Sith Empire that he reconnected with the wider galaxy, swayed by honeyed promises of unity and stability for the Mandalorian people should he take up the mantle of Mandalore. With noble intentions in his heart, Teyn donned the mantle of Mandalore and was installed as the ruler of the National Mandalorian State, though in reality he was little more than a puppet and mouthpiece for the Sith Emperor.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 12 October 2019 - 04:17 PM.