OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Update the Sith Sword that Carnifex has wielded for a long time
- Image Source: Click - Young Kim
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Rave Merrill, Darth Carnifex - Reforge
- Affiliation: Rave Merrill (Creator), Darth Carnifex (First and Current Bearer)
- Model: Derriphan - The Devourer
- Modularity: N/A
- Production: Unique
- Classification: Sith Greatsword
- Size: Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Ultrasonic Vibration Generator
- Sonic Discharge Cell
- Leviathan Blister Trap
- Incredible Cutting and Piercing Power
- Extremely Sharp
- Lightsaber Resistant
- Can Ground Lightning and Release It
- Enhanced by Alchemy: The blade was created through imbuing mullinine with the mysterious and arcane tenets of Sith Alchemy, enhancing it far beyond the comprehension of mortal means. The blade is supernaturally sharp, allowing it to cut through most metals like a lightsaber would with minimal effort. As with all creations formed through the profane alchemical techniques the sword can completely resist the plasmatic blades of lightsabers, as well as both absorb and expel bolts of force lightning.
- Laced with Poison: A malevolent addition to the greatsword is a thin layer of the gemstone known as Devaronian Blood Poison applied to the weapons edge. While not inhibiting the cutting ability of the mullinine the effect of this exotic gemstone is deadly. Due to the poison just by touching the blade to ones skin causes unendurable pain. If the blade breaks the skin not only would this blinding pain last until the wound was healed, but the effect of the crippling torment would amplify threefold as the opportunity presented itself for the jewels toxin to enter the bloodstream.
- Eater of Souls: A legendary feature of groundbreaking work achieved by Rave Merrill, one of the greatest masters of alchemy in modern memory, the blade includes a specialized form of leviathan blister trap. Everything that is killed by this blade finds its soul consumed by it, devoured by the hungering runeblade. The unique nature of the blister trap allows the blades wielder to access the knowledge of the deceased (OOC Note: In a PvP setting this can only be done with the express consent of all parties involved).
- Sonic Discharge: On impact the blade releases a series of sonic waves and vibrations that allow it to rip through flesh, most forms of armor, stone, durasteel plating and more.
- Soul Bond: The blade is inexorably bound to its owner who is the only one capable of utilizing its devastating power. The aforementioned owner has the ability of both calling and dismissing the blade, seeing through it, and knowing its location at all times.
- Heavy: A byproduct of the alchemization process has made this monstrous blade incredibly heavy. The blade is so heavy that it's entirely unusable for most humanoids, while those who were equipped find themselves needing the power of the force to use.
- The Light: As a sword so deeply rooted in the vile power of the dark side, it is uniquely vulnerable to the power of the light. Direct applications of force light in great concentrations has an ability to damage, and even destroy the blade.
- Madness: The blade is imbued with its own twisted, malefic sentience that constantly pulls on the mind of the wielder. It actively thirsts for blood, hungers for souls to add to its collection. A wielder of the weapon constantly guards against its whispers, and in battle prolonged exposure to gore has the potential to drive the wielder into a bloodthirsty rage.
- Beacon: A byproduct of the blades immense darkness is that under no circumstances can the blade be hidden, it can always be felt by those sensitive to the force as an abomination of the dark side, an affront to reality itself.
It is a long and ancient tradition for the Lords of the Sith to craft weapons through the Dark Side of the Force. At times, this art has faded from the perception of the Sith before returning through the rediscovery of the old ways. In the modern age, there was an alchemist who had studied the ancient ways and brought to light many forgotten techniques; Rave Merrill.
She pooled her knowledge and skill into many projects, crafting many artifacts of power that would shape the destiny of countless individuals. One of these artifacts was the sword Daesumnor, a weapon of unrivaled potency and insidious power that could rip the very spirit from those it had slain. Many believed that this weapon was the only one of its kind, but in secret a second weapon was forged upon the same crucible that had given birth to Daesumnor.
It was known as Derriphan, a name which translated to Devourer in Ancient Sith. Whereas Daesumnor was given to the Sith Lord Kryptus by Merrill, Derriphan remained in her possession until she was approached by another Sith, Kaine Zambrano. Zambrano had sought the power of Daesumnor as well, but had arrived too late to claim the weapon for himself. The knowledge of a second blade caused Zambrano to bargain for its ownership, him offering the Holocron of Belia Darzu in exchange for the weapon.
Rave Merrill accepted the holocron, and handed Derriphan over to Lord Zambrano.
Zambrano would go on to wield Derriphan in countless conflicts, engorging the weapon on countless souls to enhance its power. Even now, as the Emperor and Dark Lord of the Sith, Zambrano continues to wear the powerful weapon at his side. Events had conspired to allow Daesumnor to also fall into the hands of his great-uncle, Braxus Zambrano, both Lords now the sole wielders of Merrill's legacy.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 05 November 2019 - 11:11 AM.