OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To submit an alternative form of stealth hyperspeed travel that hopefully isn't considered too OP.
- Image Source: Stargate: Atlantis
- Canon Link: Sanhedrim Ship
- Primary Source: /
- Manufacturer: Aing-Tii Homeworld
- Affiliation: Aing-Tii, The Underground
- Model: Sanhedrim Drive
- Modularity: No.
- Material: Unknown Yorik Coral Equivalent, Ghost Matter, Liquid Metal Hydrogen
- Jury Rigged Translation Matrix
- Liquid Metal NavCom Adapter
- Rift Energy Reactor Unit
- Instant Transmission: The Sanhedrim Drive is a form of instantaneous FTL travel. Extremely accurate at shorter ranges or inside the Rift, long distance jumps have a higher degree of error.
- Off the Grid: Aing-Tii jump tech bypasses hyperspace and most forms of interdiction as well as early detection.
- Recharge Cycle: While the Aing-Tii can jump at will, the technology they are willing to share is inferior and requires several hours in between activation. The drive cannot be used to gain a consistent maneuvering advantage in combat.
- Gravity Well Distortions: Although it can bypass interdiction fields similar to a HIMS, the Sanhedrim Drive cannot jump out from or into an activate field. Interference from the gravity distortions causes an explosive reaction.
- Advanced Midichlorian Physics: Through some incomprehensible means the drive is connected to the Force and requires a specially trained Warden of the Sky or equivalent to operate. Force nullification would interfere with its ability to operate.
- Ghost Matter Blues: Sanhedrim Drives are powered by three portable ghost matter reactor units. Common side effects include hallucinations and intermittent psychosis. Prolonged exposure can result in permanent madness and/or death. Capital ship engine crews are vulnerable and carrying ghost matter on board a smaller subcapital places the entire crew at risk.
- Just Renting: The Aing-Tii monks are indisputable masters of Rift travel. If their drives are used for any purpose they would disapprove of, the operator is likely to find themselves not at their intended destination but instead surrounded by Sanhedrim interdictors.
Enigmatic. Disinterested. Xenophobic. Isolationist. Regressive. All powerful.
The Aing-Tii monks are one of the most advanced space faring races in the known galaxy, and they care nothing for our petty squabbles over territory or resources or ideology. They worship mysterious 'deities' known only as Those Who Dwell Beyond the Veil, and subscribe to the Great River interpretation of the Force. There is not simply Light or Dark, but an entire spectrum. Aing-Tii technology is for the most part both superior to and incompatible with modern standards. Their secrets are ferociously guarded and even the mighty Sith Empire has had little success in seizing the aliens' property by force or through deception. Over the years however several rogue masters have begrudgingly earned the monks' respect, including the likes of Jorus Merrill and Julius Sedaire.
Foreseeing the Sith Emperor's plans to build a terrifying new superweapon, the Aing-Tii temporarily aligned with the Underground, for the first time in modern history playing an overt role in galactic events by supplying the rebels with a Sanhedrim ship to infiltrate the Sith's secret construction facility. While the monks stubbornly insist upon continued neutrality, they have recently allowed their jump drives to be installed on certain Underground ships under close supervision.
Edited by Atlas Drake, 08 November 2019 - 02:17 PM.