OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a sweet, tricked out ride for Jared Starchaser and act as a test bed for future ORC starships.
- Image Source: Fantasy Flight Games | C-ROC Gozanti Cruiser Wookieepedia.
- Canon Link: C-ROC Gozanti Cruiser.
- Primary Source: Repurposed Canon Articles.
- Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation - Original Design and General Manufacture, Republic Engineering Corporation - Overhaul and Retrofit; Coruscanti-based Shipyard(s) - Starship Division.
- Affiliation: Jared Starchaser.
- Model: R-JCR/Prototype “Anima” - Class Gunship.
- Production: Unique.
- Material: Durasteel Hull and Armour Plating (Ablative) with Laser-reflective Panels, Alusteel Skeletal Frame, Reinforced Duraplast Hull Liner with Anti-Ionic Mesh (Faraday Cage), Turadium Blast Doors and Shutters (Rapid Action), Glasteel Viewports, Dallorian Alloy and Agrinium Panels (Where Appropriate), Galven Coils (Weapon Interiors), Various Starship Components.
- Classification: Gunship.
- Role: Anti-Starfighter Platform, Light Escort, Armed Freighter, Military Transport, Blockade Runner, Systems Patrol Vessel, Etc.
- Length: 74 Metres.
- Width: 52 Metres.
- Height: 20 Metres.
- Armament: Low Rating.
-  Automated Quad Heavy Rotary Laser Cannon Turrets (Retractable, Fire-linked, and Fast-track Mountings.)
-  Flexible Warhead Launchers with Dual Projectors, and Variable Payload (Fixed Forward.)
-  Automated Antimissile Octets (Fire-linked, and Fast-track Mountings.)
-  Automated Rotary Point Defence Cannons (Fire-linked, and Fast-track Mountings.)
- Defenses: Moderate Rating.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Deflector Shield (Ray, Particle, and Concussion Fields; Overlaid.)
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Hull and Armour Plating.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Laser Reflective Paneling.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Ionic Shielding.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] EWAR and Electronic Countermeasures (Multiple Chaff and Flare Launchers, Missile Deactivation Transmitter (Short-Range), Anti-Ordnance EM Probe Launchers (Long-Range), Etc.)
- Hangar Space: Very Low - Zero Squadrons.
- Hangar Allocations:
- Internal: None.
- External: Two Civilian Voidcraft; Ventral Docking Cradles with Connecting Force Cylinders.
- Maneuverability Rating: 65 DPF - Moderate Rating.
- Speed Rating: High Rating.
- MGLT: 120 MGLT
- Maximum Atmospheric Speed: 1,750 Km/H
- Primary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1.0
- Secondary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 8.0
- Engine Unit(s): Gunship - Class Ion Engines (Five Drive Units.)
- Primary Power Plant: Gunship - Class Hypermatter Annihilator.
- Secondary Power Plant: Solar Ionization Conversion Module(s) with Retractable Agrinium Collection Arrays.
- Passengers: Ten Soldiers or Passengers.
- Crew Complement (Optimal): Three Officers and Enlisted Personnel.
- Crew Complement (Skeletal): One Captain, with Integrated Droid Brains..
- Escape Craft: Five Escape Pods.
- Cargo Capacity: 150 Metric Tonnes, with External Mountings and Auto-Loaders.
- Consumables: Six Months.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Damage Control and Hazard Systems.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Life Support Systems.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Navigational and Avionics Systems.
- Advanced [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Sensors and Targeting Systems.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Communications Systems, Holonet Transceiver and Encryption/Decryption Networks with Military-Grade Keys.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Environmental Control Systems.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Tractor and Pressor Beams.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Emergency Maneuvering Thrusters.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Anti-Ion Emission Tracer (Anti-Hyperspace Tracking.)
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Relativistic and Shift Shielding.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Anti-Concussion Force Fields.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Animated Metal Sealant.
- Standard [Gunship-Class, Military-Grade] Hydraulic/ Pneumatic Landing Gear(s.)
- Anti-Emission Tracer Module (Anti-Hyperspace Tracking.)
- Anti-Tractor Beam Shroud.
- Anti-Ordnance EM Probes (Long-Range.)
- Missile Deactivation Transmitter (Short-Range.)
- Enslaved and Integrated Droid Brains (Heuristic Processors.); Automated Subsystems.
- Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainer.
- Laser Reflective Paneling (Weapon Mounts, External Critical Systems and Generators.) [No Coverage on Comms Towers.]
- Integrated and Automated Armoury, with Retractable Armour Assembly Modules.
- Integrated and Automated Machine Shop (Sequestered within the Engineering Deck.)
- Integrated Force Cylinders.
- Swift and Somewhat Nimble.
- Anti-Starfighter Specialization.
- Sloped Armour Plating - Additional Deflection Bonus.
- Laser Reflective Panels - Grants an Extreme Resistance against Small Arms and Light Weapons (Energy-based.)
- Wholly Automated, and Controlled by a Centralized Computer Core; Capable of Developing a Personality and Learning Over Time without Regular Memory Wipes.
- Exposed Ventral Docking Cradles.
- Exposed Drive Units and Connecting Spars.
- Lack of Capital-Grade Weaponry (Turbolasers, Ion Cannons, Etc.)
- Fixed Forward Warhead Launchers.
- Limited EMP and Ion Resistance - Proximity Dependent.
- Laser Reflective Panels - Cannot Disperse the Lethality of Capital-Grade Weapons.
- Central Computer Core - If Disabled, the Ship’s Crippled due to Insufficient Personnel.
Although the exterior of the Wayward Spirit has remained largely untouched from its original enamel scheme, a majority of the changes that were made to the starship revolve around it’s internal systems. In traditional Republic Engineering fashion, the entirety of the vessel was wholly automated - which drastically reduced the operational personnel count to a single organic being. The ship was controlled by a single computer core, which housed a network of droid brains and slaved systems - creating the framework for a pseudo-Artificial Intelligence; allowing for the starship to develop its own personality overtime. The interior decor was in keeping with the traditional standard of the Corellian Engineering Corporation, as the bulkheads were largely exposed; revealing the orderly wiring and pipes. What differed from the original design, however, were the Crew Quarters and the other occupied areas. They received a modern makeover, with a traditional enamel coating, to make those chambers seem like they belonged - despite their various advancements and top-of-the-line upgrades.
- Deck One (Ventral) Layout:
- Crew Berth or Crew Quarters.
- Access Gantries with Automated Lifts, and Escape Pods.
- Automated Armoury; with Retractable Weapon(s) Racks and Armour Assembly Ring.
- Medbay, with Integrated Bacta Tanks and Slaved Medical Droid.
- Primary Passenger Ingress Ramp(s) and Airlock.
- Deck Two (Dorsal) Layout:
- Command Bridge.
- Command Staff Quarters.
- Crew Lounge and Recreational Facilities.
- Galley, with Refresher Facilities.
- Mid-Ship Airlock(s.)
- Primary Internal, and Automated Cargohold.
- Central Reactor, with Central Computer Core.
- Engineering Bay, with Integrated Machine Shop and Cargo Lift.
- Secondary Cargo Hold(s) with Force Cylinder Generators.
While initially designed as a customization for the Imperial Navy of the Galactic Empire, the C-ROC Gozanti-Class Cruiser found itself rejected due to the vessel’s inappropriate status within their rigid Order of battle. Not wanting the schematic to go to waste, the original architects of the starship watched as their design became favoured by legitimate and illegitimate operations alike in the Outer Rim Territories. However, the C-ROC wasn’t popular enough to be considered widely successful, thus regulating the vessel to endure centuries of updates and fabricated replacement parts. It wasn’t until long after the twilight hour of civilization that the Corellian Engineering Corporation picked up where their ancestors left off - merely perpetuating the cycle of mediocrity. Thus, the stars were populated with dozens of the C-ROC variants and becoming a crucial lynchpin in several navies along the fringes of civilization.
Edited by Arcanus Sunstrider, 04 December 2019 - 11:33 PM.