OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent:A Precursor built anti-capitol ship weapon on Cathay
- Image Source: Corris Studio https://i.imgur.com/la4o0nO.jpg
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: Turbolasers
- Manufacturer: Precursor Glitter-tech
- Affiliation: Cathay
- Model: Mark IV-X1 Anti-Material Particle Accelerator
- Modularity: None
- Material: Durasteel, Alusteel and Quadranium
- Classification: Particle Accelerator
- Weight:Extreme : 300,000 Tons
- Ammunition Type: Power Cell / Fuel Rods
- Ammunition Capacity: 10 Shots per fuel rod
Reload Speed: Average : 1:30 Reload Speed
Maximum Range: 238,000 Miles
- Rate of Fire: Average : 10 Shots a Minute
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: Extreme, Recoil Compensated with Hydraulic Actuators
- Precursor Technology: Built from technology where attempts at reproduction have met few results, The cannon itself is extremely difficult to reverse-engineer thanks to Precursor Technology.
- Variable Power Levels: Depending on the power fed to the particle accelerator the damage that could be inflicted by it could vary heavily.
- Large Crew: With a minimum crew of 1000 or more the cannon itself requires a massive number of Military Troops to use in combat. This can also be a double edged sword, if the crew numbers dip below 1000 the gun itself becomes far less efficient in reloading. If the numbers arise over 1000 the gun's efficiency can increase.
- Large Target: Despite being extremely powerful if fired in anger, if the defenses are breached it would make a large target to orbital bombardment or attacks from snub fighters.
Designed hundreds of thousands of years ago by the Humanoid Precursors which once built Cathay's Cities before the Rakatan Empire's rise. The Particle Accelerator was a culmination of the most destructive forms of weaponry devised by this species of half men to be used against large star-ships such as star destroyers and dreadnoughts. Its original purpose was lost to history, but the running operation theory was that it was supposed to be used against Large Asteroids which once were common in the Catharian System.
When it was rediscovered by Xzaien's Colonists, it was test fired against a Hammerhead Class Heavy Cruiser, common in old Republic navies at the time. The first of which was tested with shields and the second without. During the first trial with the Cruiser with shields on. Observers stated that the ship was horrendously damaged, with large sections of its superstructure bent inside of the of the various crew compartments. The second shot completely disabled it, with almost half of the ship being crunched inward.
The second test, where the Cruiser's shields were deactivated a far more substantial damage process was sustained by it. With observers stating that once the beam impacted with the Cruiser's Hull, it literally cracked along its midrib and then broke in halves.
Edited by Xanthum the Mighty, 03 December 2019 - 07:52 PM.