Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:14 AM
Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:21 AM
This was denied on the ground that someone else was planning to go after it after the company owner lost it by the rules of check in. As much as I love Adam and he is a cool guy there is nothing stipulated or intended in the rules for owning or submitting a canon company that require one to contact. Since Adam is not on the board and the last thread done by him was with me on an alt character. Now it does not entitle me to the company but I followed the procedure of and rules submitting a new submission for review. If I am mistaken and permanent ownership is intended requiring permission for things then please amend the rules for future cases or if we are able to cherry pick and save companies for future ownership. These should be clarified.
Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:52 AM
This has been discussed at length amongst the Factory Judges. It's agreed that it was denied on the wrong grounds, and if it was otherwise acceptable, I would approve it for second chance. However, it is not otherwise acceptable.
Your submission lists a half-dozen more locations than the original Santhe submission on this site did. The acquisition of these expansions has not been roleplayed at all, and represents a considerable growth for free. Combined with the general air of drama that's been raised about this, this submission remains denied, and I'm leaving Santhe off-limits until the interested parties can stop hen-pecking at each other and come to a mutually-agreeable solution.
Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:42 AM
This submission of mine was denied on the grounds that I was "uncooperative" and reacting in a very "back-handed" manner. Stat-wise, the corvette fits perfectly within the rules designated for "carrier type corvette" status per the "How to Build a Starship 2.0" requirements. The "secondary stats" were improved, as all refits of First-gen Imperial ships I've made that had no problem with submissions have been(and statistics which in no way matter during a fleeting confrontation). I admittedly feel that to a degree, bias may have been involved, as several equally rule-abiding ships produced by a leader of another faction were placed under "pending approval" quickly, one less than twenty minutes after being posted, no questions asked, whereas I was asked a series of questions with regards to this specific E-class ship that, prior to today, I have never had problems with and have never had brought up.
I therefore would kindly request a review of the submission so I don't have to redo it and resubmit it. Issues were brought up with the rule-abiding sub that have not been brought up in other submissions of similar types, and as such, I would highly appreciate a lookover once again. I would like to apologize to @Domino, however, for evidently coming off far more hostile in my post than I ever intended to be. For that, I'm sorry.
Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:26 AM
I asked for, and received, several edits and explanations from the member you're referring to without complaint over skype. Including when I asked for more detail in a description to further fill one sub out.
And considering that I have passed three of your designs, one on the same day as this denial, I'm not sure how you can feel that I'm prejudiced against you.
I don't mind you trying to second chance this, but don't try to use half-facts and misconceptions to make me out to be a bad guy.
- Valashu Elahad likes this
Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:35 AM
Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:13 PM
"Having spoken with various Factory Judges on this, we've decided that the only thing which separates this submission from a generic wolf is the telepathy.
As such this is being denied on the grounds that it does not need to be submitted. If you wish to communicate with a sentient wolf (Star wars has those) then you may do so, there's also aspects such as Animal Friendship which will allow for it too."
Ok, so i have several problems to go over with the recent denial of my three species apps and with several reasons that i find to be within good reason to go over.
1. Sentience: On two of the three apps the creatures are fully sentient with their only means of communication as using words is virtually impossible being that of Telepathy. There are several things to bring up about the fact that these are different than the current canon creatures that exist. A: There is only one wolf that has ever achieve sentience in canon, and that was a mutant that was on Endor named Wilk, that had the ability to speak. There are several problems with using something like this, first of all it was a mutant that spoke with words, it didnt have telepathy. Furthermore this was the only case in canon and does not give me viable reason to believe that an entire speicies gains a completely non-canon and different mutation on a planet that has never interacted with the outside universe other than the original colonists. This goes along with the owl like creature, something that i have found no other canon being like it much less one that has achieved Sentience. The Elk is exempt from this point.
2. Planet Location and Getting there: This is by far the biggest issue, how did something, even if it and a mate both achieved this sentient mutation, get to the planet as well as the non-sentient Stithigam creatures and the Noctis birds who would never be able to use a tool to save their life. Its the simple fact that such beings would never be able to migrate to the planet. The species would need some space faring race to bring them there, which would mean my planet would not be Isolated from the Galaxy which in the end ruins the whole point of the planet and its existence. And if you point out the fact the Infereti arrived by ship, they only arrived by accident, and were an exploration group that never in their life would bring along animals that could possibly harm them or as they were Correllians never would have been exposed to the wolf species on Endor.
3. Also, there is a difference between Animal friendship, and mutual societal and intellectual benefit. The Noctis and Hirion are both Fully Sentient, they are not some mindless pet you can just befriend. They have a full range of emotions and can clearly learn like any other being of the universe. They just can use tools thus keeping them from advancing and making an actual Civilization, thus they are not some common Animal.
4. Intent: Ok, i realize this was lacking, so time for a better explination. I wanted to make these and several others for a completely new experience for players as well as give them two more groups to make characters for if they join my faction. Each submission has a purpose and this has furthered the fact that they are incorporated into my storyline because of the place these creatures have in a society and their level of intelligence. That mixed with the fact it would have introduced characters to fauna that had never been seen before in the known Universe, as i have found absolutely nothing like the Stithigam or Noctis species i made, and then face the new dangers that come with these new species. Thank you for listening.
Thank you for your time, and if there are anymore questionsor grey areas i would rather discuss them with you than just have you say "Doesnt matter still denied" like i saw earlier in the posts on this thread.
Edited by Arthur David Hardrada, 22 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.
Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:19 PM
So I did three quick Wookiee searches.
The only thing distinguishing your submissions from simple members of their species is the ability to think and communicate through thought. There is no physical alteration, no adaptations that set them apart, and indeed they're basically just normal animals. In fact, the deer you submitted is literally just a deer/elk/whatever with a different name. The "stithigam" is not a submission for a unique species that will add to the galaxy, and will remain denied no matter what shape this discussion takes. The Factory is for original and unique creations, not recolors of existing things.
I am resolved to deny the other two as well. We have had several mutant animal characters in the past. Sentient, Force-using Arkanian dragons being among them. The wolf and owl you wrote up were essentially just the standard animal with telepathy slapped on. That is not an original species. It's a recolor of an existing species. Culture or not, there isn't really enough there to justify a species submission. A fire-breathing subspecies of wolf that can't exist on a high-oxygen planet and feeds primarily on living kelp is unique and merits a submission. A telepathic wolf is a character concept, not a species submission.
I feel I need to bring up an important point about character concept vs Factory submission. We tell this to droid players all the time. We do not normally allow unique droids to pass through the Factory because, frankly, they're obviously character concepts, and their abilities and history are tied to a character rather than a tech submission. No one else is going to touch them. There is no reason to have them logged in the Factory if they're only ever going to be used once, to create a character, and then forgotten about. Likewise, you don't need to do a species sub just to play a smart wolf with aberrant telepathy.
So I'm going to make a special ruling in this case. All three of your species submissions are entirely unnecessary. The sentient owl and wolf are obviously character concepts, rather than Factory material. If you or anyone else who decides to RP sentient wolf does something so powergame-y with it that you get reported for it, I will reexamine these submissions, and they may be approved based on that.
As it stands, though, you don't need to submit an entire species to play a simple telepathic owl. These stay denied until I have good reason to approve them.