Corporation Name: Archangel Research and Design
Locations: Denon, Loronar, Elysium, Lianna, Seltos, Eriadu, Zygerria, Karakorum, Manas.
- Civilian and military droid creation. This includes combat droids of all sorts, HRDs, infiltration droids or other servitors. Civilian units can include protocol droids, labour and maintenance units and more.
- Spaceships and vehicles. This can include military and civilian vessels. Warships and attack craft can be manufactured in large amounts for Archangel's usage or sales on the closed market.
- Planetary defences: Archangel is able to provide various defence systems, ranging from turrets to planetary shields planetary turbolaser cannons, ion cannons and so on.
- Medical and cloning technology. Archangel is an expert in cloning, either as coverings for HRDs or creating organic clones to be servitors. They are also experts at creating cybernetics.
- Processing and entechment. Taking organics and absorbing their skills and knowledge into machines is one of the prime concerns of Archangel.
- Mercenary contracting: Archangel's droid forces are available for hire by interested parties. Services range from providing bodyguards for clients to the deployment of combat units into war zones.
Rationale: The company was created by Maelion and Moira Skaldi using their carefully collected resources from their time in the Protectorate. In addition to their wages (which HRDs barely use) the two of them were able to ‘acquire’ a good deal of funds and sellable items when they left the Protectorate. This company is the result of their investment.
Archangel Research and Design provides a full range of specialist droid models for the savy customer. Whether you’re looking for a personal bodyguard, an attentive aide or a head-turning companion, Archangel will provide just what you are looking for.
Our HRDs (Human Replica Droids) are top of the line models programmed and designed for your needs. We can tailor the unit’s height, weight, appearance and capabilities to YOUR needs.
When you need the best, forget the rest, and look to Archangel – Looking Out For You!
Advertisements aside, this company was created by Maelion Liates and Moira Skaldi to do what they do best; process organics and create unstoppable droid conquerors design machines like them for use in the private sector. The advantages of HRDs are many, after all both Maelion and Moira were created to fulfil dangerous roles that ordinary organics would find difficult. Therefore, this company is mainly to enrich the pair for their other projects, but also to create more units like themselves which can further those other aims. The pair do not of course reveal their true identities, and have taken aliases whilst running this business.
Each HRD designed by Archangel will have secret backdoors the pair can exploit to gather information or control them if needed. It will also provide funds for their research into a processing machine for turning organics into machines. Naturally none of this will be known by anyone except the two owners.
Over the years, Archangel greatly expanded its business after acquiring shipyards and opening a marketplace storefront. Large orders and considerable funds were raised gained through these transactions. More recently, the development of a series of stable Force clones to complement their HRD designs allowed Archangel to continue expansion. Striving to merge the strengths of organic and machine, Archangel created a droid-organic hybride in form of Enyo Typhos.
However, ultimately the clones were pushed too far, rebelled and launched an insurrection that eventually ended with the apparent destruction of Moira Skaldi and Maelion Liates. Enyo, who amassed considerable resources during her time as an insurgent leader, mercenary and mafia boss, has taken control over the corporation. As far as the outside world knows, Anna Comnena and Nalia Alderana, as Maelion and Moira were known under their cover identities, died in an unfortunate accident, but business is continuing as usual under a handpicked successor.
Eschewing the limelight, Enyo runs the company via an HRD proxy, but is in full control of the business. Archangel no longer pursues genocidal schemes to take over the Galaxy and wipe out organic life, as Enyo considers that self-defeating and maintains affection for a select number of organics. However, it is still a very amoral, ruthless corporation that is unconstrained by ethical considerations, though its more unsavoury operations are carefully compartmentalised and kept outside of the public eye. Archangel regards itself as neutral, which means that it is indifferent to its clients' moral and ideological alignment. While Archangel maintains planetary outposts and an office front clients can approach for business, most of the actual production takes place on factory ships. Enyo continues to maintain control over her crime syndicate, the Iron Fist Consortium. Secretly subordinate to Archangel, the Consortium's paramilitary forces do her dirty work.
Edited by Lily Kuhn, 25 May 2018 - 04:33 AM.