Image Source: http://i.stack.imgur.com/6Yquq.jpg
Affiliation: The Jedi Order of the Galactic Republic
Manufacturer: The Galactic Republic
Model: Jedi Meditation Corvette (named Bastila Shan)
Material: Suprasteel coated with Impervium
Length: 90 meters
Width: 50.5 meters
Height: 35 meters
- Automatic dual canon turrets: At the front and rear of the vessel, on the underside of the hull, are dual canon turrets controlled by the vessels targeting computers. These turrets are capable of swiveling 360 degrees around and 180 degrees from front to back. However, being on the underside of the ship means that it has no offensive capabilities for attacks from above.
Hangar: The hangar is small and houses a single, 12 ship squadron of J-1 Interceptors. As a Jedi vessel designed for use by the Jedi Grandmaster or high ranking members with the necessary skills in battle meditation, this Jedi Squadron, named Shan Squadron, provides cover for which the vessel can retreat and defends it from any would be attackers. The ship also has two docking clamps which allow for the attachment of personal vessels to the ship.
- Primary Thermal Shield and Secondary Anti-Concussion Shield : The inner ring of the ship is a large shield generator. The primary purpose of this ship is to remain on the outskirts of a battle and not to engage the enemy openly. As such, the entire design has been built around the idea of defense and not offense. In hyperspace the large shield generator ring (i.e., the vertical ring) locks into the horizontal ring. When the ship leaves hyperspace, the ring locks into its vertical position, activating the shield its primary Thermal Shield and secondary Anti-Concussion Shield.
- Meditation chamber: This is the heart of the vessel. Housed in an isolated chamber between both the vertical and horizontal rings is a meditation chamber designed to allow a single Jedi or multiple Jedi reach a calm, tranquil state. The circular room has a padded floor for all the kneeling Jedi tend to do when meditating. The walls and domed ceiling can be alternated between a transparent setting (i.e., they would have a view of the stars) to a tactical setting (i.e., strategic readouts, battle maps, diagnostics).
- Impervium coated hull: The ships hull is coated in Impervium, further adding to the defensive nature of the ship. Should the shields fail, the hull is designed to be able to provide enough defense for a retreat to occur.
- Dual Ion Drives
- Encrypted Communication Array
- Most basic crew quarters
Maneuverability Rating: 5
Speed Rating: 5
Hyperdrive Class: 2
- Advanced shielding
- Durable, impervium hull
- Meditation chamber with tactical readouts
- Shan Squadron support
- Very limited combat abilities (i.e., only two automatic turrets)
- Very exploitable weakness (i.e., ship lacks offensive ability above hull).
- Lacks versatility: the vessel is designed for a singular goal and is not efficient at any other
- Vulnerable at deployment: When the ship leaves hyperspace it must lock its vertical ring into place for the shielding to come up. This can take 15-25 minutes depending on the efficiency of the crew.
Description: The Jedi Council commissioned the construction of The Bastila Shan in order to provide a vessel that could aid in the ongoing wars of the Galactic Republic. This vessel is designed with a single purpose in mind - provide a well defended base from which to perform the force technique battle meditation. Kian Karr was tasked with the construction of the vessel and named it The Bastila Shan in recognition of the famed Jedi Bastila Shan. Shan, whose lineage eventually begot the Grandmaster Satele Shan, was a Jedi during the time of Revan. She was especially gifted in battle meditation. Her story is one of redemption, as Bastila fell to the darkside of the force only to be brought back to the light by her love, Revan (also a rehabilitated Sith!). Shan eventually became a respected Master of the Jedi Order.
The Bastila Shan is a ship dedicated to a single task. As such, it is fairly lacking in offensive capabilities, focused rather on defense and avoiding getting involved in combat. From the meditation sphere, at the center of the two rings, a single skilled Jedi or a number of Jedi, could reach a meditative state in which to perform battle meditation. This chamber was designed to meet the needs of the Jedi within. The walls and dome of the chamber can be set to transparent, where they can view the stars and the ongoing battle, or can be darkened and tactical displays can be viewed on them so that the Jedi can keep abreast of the ongoing battle.
One offensive capability the Bastila Shan has going for it is the presence of the Shan Squadron. These Jedi serve as the defenders of the vessel and of the crew and Jedi on board and take to the air in the J-1 Interceptor. These Jedi are typical Jedi Knights who walk the path of a Jedi Guardian. Shan Squadron's main purpose is to defend the vessel. As such, they typically provide defense from attacks from fighters and provide cover when the vessel is in retreat.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.ne...nse-pm-to-join/
Intent: To provide the Jedi a base of operation for the conducting of battle meditation in fleeting engagements.
Who Can Use This:
- Jedi Grandmaster and Council Members who have mastered battle meditation.
- Jedi Masters of the Galactic Republic who have achieved mastery of battle meditation when tasked by the Jedi Council to participate in specific fleeting engagements.
- Jedi Knights who wish to participate in the role of defending the Bastila Shan as part of Shan Squadron.
Primary Source: n/a