Intent: A variant of a standard Dathomiri Talisman of Transformation.
- Out Of This World: The Witchmasters conquer a portion of the world of spirits; Ember channels its power into talismans.
- Let's Talk Talismans: The Witchmasters learn to make and use Dathomiri talismans, including Talismans of Transformation.
Description: The classic Dathomiri Talismans of Transformation have been known to change witches into bolma, brackaset, burra fish, eolu, and raven, as well as younger versions of themselves. The witches' influence has expanded in recent years, their reach extending. Some have even raided the ancient Sith worlds with success. As the witches have looked outward, so too have their arts adapted to animals beyond the native kinds of Dathomir. One such is the so-called dream-singer, the rhak-skuri.
The Talisman of the Dream-Singer allows the wearer to take the form of the rhak-skuri, a Sithspawn variant of the common diplura. The rhak-skuri is highly durable and lightsabre-resistant, produces a mist of hallucinogenic fear pheromones, and boasts acidic saliva. At close range, a rhak-skuri is a match for most kinds of powered armour. The Talisman of the Dream-Singer allows the Witchmasters to face such technological monstrosities on an even footing.
The following limitations apply:
- Spend longer than two hours a day in the form of a rhak-skuri, and the transformation becomes permanent.
- Friendly fighters are not immune to the pheromone mist, and the rhak-skuri's appearance is such that most friendlies are not usually well-disposed toward the talisman's wearer.
- The rhak-skuri is somewhat larger than a humanoid, causing difficulty in some enclosed spaces.
Talismans of the Dream-Singer are only given to the most trusted and proven of the Witchmasters.
Primary Source: Not influenced by any Chaos submissions. The risk of permanent transformation was inspired by this.