Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Cǎlder mit Arkhan (Pronounced Call-der mit Ar-Can)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHIUvQI.jpg

G1pEwyz.jpg

ZiiIsN5.jpg

r3MHkl0.jpg

Star Fighter, Cǎlder mit Arkhan (lit. Sword of Might)

Image Source: Vic Viper (http://gradius.wikia.com/wiki/Vic_Viper)

Affiliation: Milek-Xiz'Shajdinen Sajna / Rajki Casem-Tuq edol Sanryder Casem-Tuq. (Sajnen Confederate / House of Rajki and House of Sunrider)
Manufacturer: Tentek Qlb Zentik. (Shadow Research Industries)
Model: Experimental-X
Modularity: No
Production: Unique / One of its kind
Material: Durasteel and Glasteel
Classification: Starfighter, and Atmospheric Fighter

Length: 21 metres
Height: 11 metres (Including tail fin)
Width: 15 metres

Armament:
  • 3 laser cannons
  • 2 ion cannons
  • 1 projectile gun cannon (1× 20 mm nose-mounted Gatling-style cannon, 578 rounds)
  • 2 warhead launchers (Can be either concussion missiles or proton torpedoes)
Special Features:
  • IFF Transponder
  • Ray Shielding
  • Particle Shielding
  • Radiation Shielding
  • Thermal Shielding
  • Encrypted Communications
  • Sensor Array
  • Landing Gear/wheels for runway landing in the event of repulsorlift failure
  • Ability to come to a complete stop mid flight (Limited due to weak repulsorlifts)
  • Cloaking device. (Hibridium crystals).
  • Seperate small atmospheric engine for atmospheric flight
  • Second seat behind cockpit for 1 passenger
Maneuverability Rating: 5
Speed Rating: 2.5 (In space)
Hyperdrive Class: x1

Strengths:
  • Shields
  • Firepower
  • Speed
Weaknesses:
  • Light Armour / Weak Hull
  • Weak repulsorlifts (Due to more armaments, less room for strong repulsorlift engine)
  • Manoeuvrability
Description : The Cǎlder mit Arhkan, a name that literally translates to, Sword of Might from the native language of its creators, had been intended for mass production. However it was found that the one aspect of the ship that had given its tactical edge over others, had a major drawback. A drawback so major that only those who were know as Force Sensitites, generally a class or elite group of people known as Züncålazins within the Sajnen society, or in the much more broader perspective of things to most beings well beyond the frontiers of the Sajnen Confederate, as just Jedi, could only operate it. Given the limited number of such elite beings available within the populace of the Confederate, the extremely high costs involved in order to produce the ship, the project to mass produce this ship was then subsequently abandoned. The sole ship ever built by Shadow Research Industries eventually fell into the hands of Hajkon Rajki, head of the noble House of Rajki, in which from there the ship was eventually passed down to his only child and daughter Kixi Rajki.

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/66740-the-one-that-should-be-feared-most-is-the-one-that-cannot-be-seen/#entry994312

Intent: A personal ship for Kixi Rajki

Who Can Use This: Kixi Rajki

** The Züncålidiom language, the Sajnen Confederate, its associated political parties, the Cǎlder mit Arkhan and the Zinglon are the sole creation and work of Kixi Rajki / Špela Kristijana Rajki **

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Kixi Rajki said:
6 turbolaser cannons 4 ion cannons 6 concussion missiles 4 proton torpedoes 1 projectile gun cannon
Generally the tops we go with "elite" starfighters is 6 guns (each equivalent to laser cannons) and 2 warhead launchers. I'd like to see this reduced to that standard.

Kixi Rajki said:
Maneuverability Rating: 5 Speed Rating: 1 (In space) Hyperdrive Class: .09

Maneuverability 5 is a decent handi-cap, and that's exemplary.

I'd up speed to 2 or 3 (or even 2.5). Speed 1 is for something exceptionally ultralight and fast, think something like a stripped down drag racer in real life. Not much more than a cocpit on a massive engine.

Hyperdrive should be about x1 or x2. The fastest canon hyperdrive was x0.4, and that was an exceedingly special case.

Kixi Rajki said:
Cloaking device.
This is going to require a development thread that is at least 10 posts long if you want to keep it, since cloaking devices use restricted materials. You can read about the restricted materials here on how to get either the stygium or hibridium for such a device.

Lastly, could you give me a small paragraph describing the starfighter?

With the guns, I can make it 6, but do they have to all be lasers? X wings have a mix of lasers and ion cannons and is smaller than this. I was thinking 3 lasers, 2 ion cannons and one projectile gun(this last one is actually more primitive than lasers. The only advantage it has is that it can be fired in the event all energy weapons are down or if all power is redirected to engines or shields.

The manoeuvrability, speed, hyperdrive stuff I can change according to your suggestion.

The cloaking device. I've never done a development thread. Would be a lot easier if I can read someone else's so I can at least understand what is involved etc. atm I have no idea what to do.

Yeah I'll write up a description as well. That won't be hard. :)

[member="Gir Quee"]

Kixi Rajki, on 10 Sept 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:
With the guns, I can make it 6, but do they have to all be lasers? X wings have a mix of lasers and ion cannons and is smaller than this. I was thinking 3 lasers, 2 ion cannons and one projectile gun(this last one is actually more primitive than lasers. The only advantage it has is that it can be fired in the event all energy weapons are down or if all power is redirected to engines or shields.

That's perfectly fine. They don't have to be laser cannons, they just equivalent in power to a laser cannon. Other options besides the ones you mentioned are heavy laser cannons (worth 2 guns), repeating laser cannons (worth 2 guns), blaster cannons (worth 1 gun), and light laser cannons (worth 0.5 guns).

For the cloaking device, depending on which kind you use, it will either use Stygium or Hibridium. Here's the official rules for the stygium:

Stygium Crystal (( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain stygium crystals from any of the following planets: Aeten II, Maramere, Kelsier, Enigma Prime –OR— kill a player character account who has more than 500 posts and get them to verify it.))

A Hibridium-based cloaking device will require a thread that it is centered around or has a significant focus on the cloaking device or its inclusion on the design.

So, Hibridium is easier to do, but it has a double-blind effect (meaning that you can't see outside of the cloaking field either) while a Stygium cloak lets the user see out of the cloak, but requires a bit more work and risk to obtain.

Here's an example that I did for a Stygium cloak: Riders of the Fringe. It doesn't have to be as long as mine, but regardless if you chose to use Hibridium or Stygium, it should be a 10 quality, reasonably long posts.

[member="[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=rgb(60,179,113)][URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/8578-kixi-rajki/"]Kixi Rajki[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]"]

Just a few questions before I start working on this cloaking device. First I would probably go for the hibridium cloaking device. I like the handicap it has. It suits my ship better because it's a small fighter not a capital ship and also my ship is after all the "Experimental X" ship. My captal ship which you helped to approve already doesn't have a cloaking device. That is supposed to be one of the most superior Sajnen ships (Sajnen is my people's name from character bio). So making the cloaking device the inferior version would fit perfectly well to indicate that my people were only just beginning to experiment with this technology as the Zinglon were not willing to share that tech with us and they are supposed to have the better technology in terms of cloaking devices.

In using a hibridium cloaking device, when using it am I allowed to then use 1. My character's Force abilities to navigate the ship effectively since I can't see through the cloak either when in the ship and cloaked and 2. Have the computer's external sensors navigate the ship when cloaked since again, I'll be blinded outside the cloak when engaged.

Lastly I quickly went through your example thread. I will read it properly later and before I actually start mine. I noticed all 10 or so replies are from you. This I'm confused about. If you are always replying to your own thread and no one else is adding to these but you, why do you need 10 replies? If it's all you, can't you just do it in one big thread? Clearly there must be a reason for it. I just don't understand it and need further clarification. Sorry if I sound dumb. :-(

[member="Gir Quee"]

Kixi Rajki said:
In using a hibridium cloaking device, when using it am I allowed to then use 1. My character's Force abilities to navigate the ship effectively since I can't see through the cloak either when in the ship and cloaked and 2. Have the computer's external sensors navigate the ship when cloaked since again, I'll be blinded outside the cloak when engaged.
1. Your character could theoretically use the Force to help navigate the ship through the double-blind.

2. The use of a hibridium cloaking device precludes a ship from effectively using its own sensors. That's the largest drawback of the hibridium-based device.

Kixi Rajki said:
Lastly I quickly went through your example thread. I will read it properly later and before I actually start mine. I noticed all 10 or so replies are from you. This I'm confused about. If you are always replying to your own thread and no one else is adding to these but you, why do you need 10 replies? If it's all you, can't you just do it in one big thread? Clearly there must be a reason for it. I just don't understand it and need further clarification. Sorry if I sound dumb. :-(
It's not a dumb question at all. At another website I used to RP at, they used "word counts" for the same thing. It's all sort of arbitrary, but there is a reasoning behind it.

For general development threads, we use the number of posts to get a rough measure of the work put into it. Obviously, if each post or reply in the thread is 2 sentences, it's not a fair measure of work. That's why I mentioned the words "quality" and "reasonably long".

For material specific threads, such as stygium, it's important to leave time for people to reply to oppose your thread and potentially thwart your acquisition of the material.

Great. I think I got the idea for now so can shorty get started on a thread. Just a few more things though.

I noticed that your development thread is on the normal public role playing section tagged development thread ? Is this the correct place to start it. I thought it would have gone in the factory / technology creation section? Please clarify.

I read up on hibridium here. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hibridium

The way it works with the major drawbacks is actually perfect to how I wanted it. When I thought up the Calder mit Arkhan, I always had intended for it to have major drawbacks and flaws with its experimental cloaking device. Such as the power sucking aspect of it thus another reason why the ship has 1 projectile based cannon for example. As all energy from energy based laser and ion cannons would be redirected to the cloaking device so no other weapons will work on the ship while using the cloak and will be the case once de-activated for a short while. The double blinded aspect of it is good too as only a force sensitive can use the cloaking device so the ship can be navigated on through the force. Afterall this is a Jedi's personsl starfighter or my starfighter. Anyway I think the hibridium tech is the perfect tech for my ship.

So to start the thread, I was thinking of first talk about how the cloaking device is supposed to work on my ship based on what I wrote above plus a few other drawbacks I'm yet to mentioned, all based on the info on that link above so it stays as canon as possible, and then explain in a story format how I come to get the hibridium material etc. let me know if I'm on the right track and then I'll get started.

I'll also let you know once I've changed those other things you advised me to change such as amount of guns etc so hopefully by the time my development thread is eventually done, that that's all that will be left to have to ship completed.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I noticed that your development thread is on the normal public role playing section tagged development thread ? Is this the correct place to start it. I thought it would have gone in the factory / technology creation section? Please clarify.
For this thread, you can use either the public or private roleplaying forums. For obtaining certain restricted items (for example, the stygium in my thread), it has to be a public thread unless your faction owns the world (in which case it can be private). We only use the factory area for the actual submissions, so there is no roleplaying here except for possibly buying things in the "Marketplace".

Also, you do not have to necessarily tag it as a development thread, but I typically do when I make them in the Public forum, just so that if people decide to jump in on a thread, they know what I'm doing.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

Okay. So in my case I'll just make it a public thread and like you I'll tag it as development. The place where I eventually get the hibridium from will be Garos IV to keep it canon which I assume is essential. However my character is Old Republic era so there will be no Imperials there to garrison the planet. :)

[member="Gir Quee"]

Kixi Rajki said:
Okay. So in my case I'll just make it a public thread and like you I'll tag it as development. The place where I eventually get the hibridium from will be Garos IV to keep it canon which I assume is essential. However my character is Old Republic era so there will be no Imperials there to garrison the planet. :)
As it stands right now, going to Garos IV isn't strictly necessary for this development thread.

If you do go there, the Mandalorians currently control that area, as you can see on this map.

However, bear in mind that unless it's a noncanonical thread, the board is currently working on in the year 844ish (You can see our timeline here.

Cool. Thanks for that. If Mandos control Garos IV and I don't actually need to go there, then I'm not complaining. :)

The year 844 ABY works good for me. I'll now always keep that in mind and slowly read through the Chaos timeline. Should be good stories to read there. Clearly I'm a newbie but at least I'm slowly learning. :)

I'll get to work on my thread slowly and when i start posting it, @ You into it. And later today update the rest of this thread with the other things you said that needed changing.

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Gir Quee"]

I've made the changes to the specs of the ship as per your suggestions and added a description. Next to cloaking device section, I added Hibridium crystals and put the link of my development thread next to it which is still in progress.

[member="Kixi Rajki"], that's a really solid development thread, I'm impressed. Just add this part of the template here right after the description in the original submission, and the Cǎlder mit Arkhan will be ready for apprvoal.

Development Thread: (link to development thread goes here)
Intent: (Please describe your reason for submitting this.) (ex. A personal ship for Kixi Rajki)

Gir Quee said:
[member="Kixi Rajki"], that's a really solid development thread, I'm impressed. Just add this part of the template here right after the description in the original submission, and the Cǎlder mit Arkhan will be ready for apprvoal.
Done. And thanks for the compliments re my development thread. :)

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom