Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Hrolf - Charhound Good Boi

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man can change his stars
robin-de-jong-renderhound2.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Non-Force User
  • Species: Charhound
  • Appearance: Like any typical Charhound, Hrolf's skin is charcoal black with a glowing yellow and red striping. When standing in just the right conditions, one could see the heat waves rolling off of Hrolf and fading. As he radiates heat. Typical canine stature and look. Four legs, a tail, plenty of teeth, but the head looks a little different. As if the skin that would have covered its head, has been removed or burned off. In truth, its a protective bone growth.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Hrolf - Consumption by Fire. AKA, Good Boi
  • Loyalties: Kaleleon Seleare
  • Notable Possessions: Couple toys to play with. A couple bones to chew on. Flame retardant dog bed, Flame retardant potty pad.
  • Personality: Protective, territorial and alert around Kale, Hrolf has a connection with his master to protect and guard him. While most times this just means being near him an not letting the human out of sight, this can mean Hrolf would attack someone who attempts to bring violence to him. However, when at home, Hrolf is rather lazy and relaxed. Only being allowed to lay on the floor, or the flame and heat retardant bed that belongs to just him. If it wasn't for the fact that Hrolf could be so hot, he tries to be a cuddler. Which in lies the problem. The hound is so hot, that cuddling for anything longer than a minute or two becomes extremely uncomfortable. The heat alone can be difficult to deal with for prolonged time. Secondly, The Charhounds have such a high internal body temperature, that its urine, can also light things on fire.
  • Training: Most of the training that Hrolf has is just basic commands of "Sit, Lay down, Bed, Outside, Load up, Walk, Heel, Break, and Here." While any kind of animal can fight to survive, Charhounds are carnivorous and thus could quite easily hunt and take down prey. While Hrolf wouldn't be winning in a fight or combat scenario, he has a much better situational awareness and can get the drop on someone, or prevent harm to his master, Kale.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Combat Function: A Charhound is just a canine. of course it could easily fight creatures smaller and weaker than it. But getting too much larger than it, and it will be a problem. Against most sentient species of the galaxy, Hrolf will have difficulty, Becoming a liability in open conflict. However, should the Charhound get the drop on you, and be able to spew fire on an attacker, or even out right tackle/bite down in specific points, a Charhound could still kill a human.
  • Force Abilities (Force User Companions Only): N/A
Strengths:
  • Fire Breath
  • Natural Hunter
  • Protective of Kale
  • Extremely fast runner
  • Long Distance Runner.
Weaknesses:
  • Smaller size than other combative pets/companions
  • Urination can ignite things.
  • Radiates heat
  • Liability in open conflict.

robin-de-jong-renderhound1.jpg

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Ever since her death, I have this empty feeling. I know it to be loss. I have felt it before. Having to be alone when you have not been previously, is one of the hardest things to deal with. It festers then eats you from the inside. It leaves you hollow. Walking around Courscant upper levels, finally just doing something other than work, or looking over my shoulder. These past few weeks have been interesting for me. It gave me a time to relax, and be mostly stress free. Wanting to do anything other than just sitting in the temple, I had to get out. Making my way anywhere, and no where at the same time. Looking at the various locales and shopettes in the market district.

Stopping at one, I found someone selling some "exotic fruit" when in truth, most of them were fruits that could be locally sourced by any kind of kitchen or diner on courscant. Hell, I even saw some Pallie he had. I bought a bag of them from him just because it had been a while since I had had one. Even if the price was well over what I wanted to pay. Starting to walk down the road once more, I heard some animal noises. Something that I was not expecting. I thought animals had to be sold in shelters not in the open like this? Following the sound, I threw the bag of pallie into my satchel. Closing it up and then reaching beneath my poncho. Prepared for something worse.

Coming around the corner, I saw some Rodians, a Twilek, and a Devaronian. They had a speeder truck that had been filled with cages and animals, but the literal poorly done job to cover them with just a tarp didn't help. It had gotten loose and the animals thought they were going to be let out. Many of them barking, growling, hissing. While I didn't want to assume, I pulled rank on these individuals.

"Hey, Do you have the proper paperwork to be tr-"

I didn't even get to finish. One of the Rodians had turned around and pointed a blaster and fired directly at me. While anyone else would have been a lost cause, I had been prepared. The Azure blade of the lightsaber igniting the local area with light. The blaster bolt was redirected away from me. Slamming hard into the ground. Some debris had been kicked up from it, but I didn't wait for it to fall. My speed was incredible. Closing the distance to stop right before the blade of the saber pierced through the woman.

"I said, Do you have the proper paperwork to be transporting these animals?"
"N-n-no master jedi. Me sorry was just doing job. You scared me."

Looking between them, only one had the blaster out. Their hands were on them, ready to go, but I spoke up again.

"Reapona!"

The others dropped the weapons to the ground. Having spoken to them in Bocce, they knew I wanted them to not engage. Taking a hold from inside my satchel, I produced hand-cuffs. Tossing one to each of them.

"Ona"

Reluctantly the individuals put the cuffs on. I gave another to the Rodian and put them on him myself. Then taking my time to make sure all the others were secure. Moving them to stand against the wall, The hand-cuffs then were activated. A tether shot between all of them preventing from one from running off, and made it more difficult if they tried. The lightsaber was shut off, and now I had to wait for the Officials. While we waited, I walked over to the Speeder truck. Looking inside, I saw one individual hound that looked different from the rest. Unique in its shape, for now, I just looked and then waited for them to show up.

It was three hours later that the investigation for the most part, was solved. Courscant police showed up, as well as a detective. They got my side of it, and the detective even remarked how every one of these perpetrators mentioned being on the Rodian woman in less than the blink of an eye. Looking me over, he just shook his head.

"You jedi?"
"Yes sir."
"Well then Master Jedi, you gave me some paperwork on my day off."
"I'm sorry officer. Was just doing my duty."
"As would have I. Also, the owner of these animals would have liked to speak with you actually."
"What for?"
"Probably just a thank you for saving their stolen stock."

Nodding my head to the detective, I walked over to the Knull. A very tall species of beings. Looking down from his height, He reached a hand out. We shook and he started to go into a long winded explanation of how he had been holding onto these animals for auction. A competitor was attempting to steal this stock. Reaching into his pocket, the Knull pulled out a massive key ring filled with so many different brands, and colors of keys. All jangling and clacking to make noise.

"You saved me my lively hood young man. If you want to pick one out for yourself, I'll sell it to you for a very good discount."
"Sir, thank you, I am flattered bu-"
"No buts. I want you to pick one out. Even if you don't have the credits, I would have given it to you anyways."
"Are you sure?"
"First choice."

Shrugging my shoulders, I had just expected to walk over and throw a hand up and say that one, but I remembered a couple hours ago of the one that was kind of hidden. Looking over the cages, I saw it one more time.

"Whats that one. The glowing one."
"OH! Those are Charhounds. Good canine hunters from Elphrona! They Radiate heat... and a couple other surprises."
"How well mannered are they?"
"Very much so. They truly act like pup, but are larger than Akk dogs."
"You mind if I see it?"

Hand waving, both of us walked over to cages. The Knull reached around. Pulling the cage out with such ease. Setting it onto the ground. The Charhound looked skiddish. Trying to hide from me.

"Been having trouble with this one."
"How so?"
"Everyone expects these hounds to just be aggressive and start doing what they do. Hunt, and protect. But this one is so reserved, I can't sell him."
"I choose him."
"Are you sure?"

I smiled lightly. Indicating to open the cage. The Knulls eyes went wide and he tried to tell me no. I indicated again. So he obliged. Kneeling down in front of the cage door, I opened it slowly. The Charhound started to growl and yip lightly. As if it was more scared than actually trying to defend itself. Sitting down in front of the opening, my head lowered to obscure my face. a hand reached out and just hung in the air. open hand, ready to receive. I could hear it move closer and the muzzle sniffing the air around me. Finally the heat reached me. Warm, and welcoming. The nose of this hound touched my hand. Slowly I looked up. It's eyes focused on my hand, but backed up as it noticed I was watching it.

"Its alright. I won't hurt you."

The hound seemed to almost understand me. Closing the distance again, but moved past my hand to sniff my chest and face. I took that moment to back away from the cage door. Being gentle with it. Sitting cross-legged but gave enough space for the hound to feel open and welcomed. Closing the distance, it continued to sniff me. Once I felt it was welcomed enough, I slowly pressed a hand onto its side. A jolt of shock at first, but accepting it slowly. I smiled lightly as I looked up to the Knull. His face wide and filled with amazement.

"I think I'll be taking him home. I'll have the credits with me tomorrow morning. Plus, if I don't pay, you got that detective that could get me later."
"All good young man. Enjoy your new friend."

A break in our words. The hound drawing closer, the knull knelt down next to me. Petting the canine as well.

"What will you name em?"

"Hrolf"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom