Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction MP/GA/DE Junction: Blood and Beskar (Gala/Yag'Dhul/Ithor)

Marshal, Journeyman Protector

Carlac
Capital Space Port

YgvlfhP.png

A single light freighter with a IFF that proclaimed it the Mira's Folly out of Nar Shaddaa was the transport for the Marshal of the Journeyman Protectors, who was going to visit Carlac alone.

Arla would have preferred to be continuing her war against the Kainite Sith, but the Mandalorian Protectors raid on the Dark Empire's capital of Carlac was an occasion and an opportunity not to be missed. The Dark Empire might not be primary enemies, but they weren't allies, and they were a threat. Thus Arla had inspected the available intel carefully.

A hidden gem had presented itself after an intensive study of the available intelligence reports. An assistant aide to a politician had been overheard in a cantina, talking about business that they should not have been. Thanks to a timely spy report, Arla now had the time and place of a high level meeting between DE leadership and local bankers and politicians.

All preparations had been made in complete secrecy, detached from regular military channels. This had also meant that available military hardware was more difficult to requisition, so the Marshal had to rely on herself to carry out the mission. Almost every other resource was directed to the military effort, and could not be diverted to what amounted to a personal bounty hunt.

Aiming to arrive onworld before the battle commenced above Carlac, Arla had already secluded herself in the spaceport, and tracked the meeting location and set up covert surveillance. She'd set up only a short distance away, ready to rush the location once the attendees had arrived. A quick and dirty entrance, subdue any guards, and then get out quick with at least one HVT. Simple, on paper.

Armour and weapons were carried off the ship in a simple carry case, which Arla had already emptied, to put on her party gear. Wouldn't do to have the spaceport authorities note a heavily armed Mandalorian in full battle gear walking off a trade freighter. Better not to take the chance, so she'd waited until finding a lay up spot to put on her gear. The equipment was mostly her own, though she had borrowed some tech from the Cuy'val Dar. They knew how to hide.

All her pieces were in place, now all the Journeyman Protector had to do was wait for the targets to present themselves. The Mandalorian Alliance assault on Carlac's capital city came on, and now, she had a meeting to interrupt!

Ibaris Varanin Ibaris Varanin Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Shannic Wulf Shannic Wulf

Drego Ruus Drego Ruus Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Jurr Awaud Jurr Awaud

c5MkeOL.png

Aboard an Eradicator-class starfighter,
Grand Admiral Sularen's vessel

The Mandalorian fleet's arrival had caught even the clairvoyant Sinestra by surprise. Her visions had warned her of their machinations, but the signs had been so blurred, plagued by the Mandalorians' inherent infighting and unpredictability; she could not have voiced her premonitions with confidence. Why they chose to fight under the thumb of the Jedi remained a mystery to Sinestra, but it hardly mattered. Wars were not won by soldiers, guns and fleets; not this one, at least. This war was to be won through the Force and the eternal, dichotomic conflict between the light and the dark.

With a meticulous pull, she secured her long hair into a taut knot before easing the flight helmet over her head, a silent sigh of anger and regret escaping her lips. Had she been well-versed in the art of battle meditation like Darth Ptolemis Darth Ptolemis , Sinestra strongly believed she would be able to swing the odds heavily in their favor: striking fear and terror in the hearts and minds of their enemies, sprouting the seeds of doubt and hesitation, turning menial mistakes into grave errors and so on. Such power, such unlimited power... if only she could wield it!

A voice through the helmet cleared her for take off and she morphed the craving for power into fuel energizing her connection to the dark side. The ethereal blazed within her guts, mirroring the thunderous roar and pulse of her fighter's engines. Sinestra pressed the ship's thrusters onwards and the grey walls of the hangar vanished, replaced by the vast expanse of the galaxy.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

"You run away."

This time, Shan really emphasized the running away part. Staying behind would put Shan Pavond Shan Pavond in danger, and that hammered it all home for Zaiya. She bit her lower lip, her iridescent blue eyes reflecting her uncertainty.

No, he was right, she told herself. This was just like with Aris Noble Aris Noble and Braze Braze . She had to trust that Shan knew what he was doing, that he was more experienced, and that he would be able to determine when Zaiya, Mahsa Mahsa , and Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah would need to flee for their own safety as well as Shan's.

The Lovalla teen didn't like it, but she understood it, even if it was mildly under protest.

"Okay," Zaiya confirmed, nodding before turning her attention towards the other young teenagers. A smile spread across Zaiya's face until Mahsa gave a squeal, startling her. Her heart leapt to her throat, pounding in alarm as she looked around, expecting an attack, but Mahsa was just excitedly pointing out that Zaiya was friends with Aris Noble.

Aris's name was not one Zaiya expected to hear from another Padawan here, much less a really cute one, the Lovalla mused, dark amber tones of curious contemplation edged with the faintest shade of green bloomed over the iridescent spots along her cheeks. Wait, what kind of thought was that, Zaiya? She scolded herself mentally before settling down and grinning widely. "Oh, you know Aris too?"

He hadn't mentioned Mahsa, but then again, Zaiya shouldn't expect Aris to mention all his friends. Wait, did Mahsa's hair just change colors? It had red tips a moment ago, but now it was black. The cogs were slowly turning, but it was Casi who drew Zaiya's attention next. The girl's eyes were red ribbed and her lower lip seemed to quiver as she introduced herself as Casi.

Was Casi about to cry? Did something happen? Immediately, Zaiya's skin patterns shifted to pale yellow and bronze hues. She took a step forward and gently brushed her hand against Casi's shoulder.

"Hey, are you okay, Casi?" Zaiya asked, feeling an emotional resonance. The poor girl was radiating anxiety and fear, clearly feeling overwhelmed. "It's okay, we're here. Do you want to hold my hand?" Zaiya offered, trying to show that it was okay, her own empathic abilities reaching out to try and comfort the young girl.

Shan asked if everything was okay, but Zaiya wasn't sure, "Umm, give us a sec trying to find out!"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

VVVDHjr.png

GBC9wRZ.png

Allies : Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Ibaris Varanin Ibaris Varanin

Foes | Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch

Her elevation to Grand Vizier had been received in a mixture of ways. She was now the singular authority of administrative and -day-to-day running of the Empire. She answered to the Emperor alone, and whatever deputies he decided mattered that day. She was humbled by her ascent, not overwhelmed or even arrogant as some might become, a vast array of new powers vested in her position. She knew all too well the precariousness of her position; her predecessor in all but name had been slaughtered in space by friendly forces, allied to the Emperor. She was loyal. She was faithful. She was ready.

Deep in the Citadel, a meeting of like-minds was entering its second hour, the initial trivialities over and now the task of governance began. She knew she could speak freely with the attending personnel, each highly trusted by the Emperor and utilised accordingly. She wielded her power lightly, not yet asserting herself outside of the usual pomp and additional security she now enjoyed.

She took a moment and then spoke again, the conversation moved on to the intended means of subjugating the citizenry of their various conquered territories. She interjected.

“With due respect, I am keen to utilise a message of peace and uniformity within all Imperial territories. A policy of reallocation is one our administrators believe is suitable, to not only enhance our manufacturing capabilities but to disseminate any sense of local or planetary ties of culture. Imperial culture is the only one that matters now.”

The others spoke.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shannic raised her head swiftly, a short burst of anxiety bubbling in her stomach. The sudden entrance of her Death Trooper detail meant that there had been a serious breach of security, one that would unsettle the meeting once and for all. She stood instinctively, looking at the faceless visor of the officer that approached her. Various soldiers and units began to pour into the room, each of the participants being approached and briefed by their attaches.

“Under attack? How is that even–-never mind!”

Shannic looked to the other members of the Ruling Council, her face creased with anxiety. She did not yet know the full extent of the threat but did not want to find out until after it was dealt with.

“We shall continue this after we have taken a short recess.”

She began to move, her security detail sure in their purpose and confident in their planning. The heart of the Empire would be protected at all cost. She had not yet been briefed on where she and the others were being taken to.

NDq7CTZ.png

Carlac
Tags: Kurineth Cull Kurineth Cull

Db81QuV.png

"It was only a matter of time before War returned to the Galaxy."

Zel's boots touched down on the imperial capital world, a shudder of anticipation running down his spine. History in motion. To be here with his boots on the ground to record it all was a privilage unlike any other. There was a spring in his step as he moved to position himself in a good spot to film the battle.

"The Mandalorians look to reinforce the legitimacy of their new government," he continued, "And a raid on their hostile neighbors is the path they seek to blaze. After the establishment of a defensive pact with the Galactic Alliance, the Protectors are eager to earn their place in the negotiation halls at the climax of this new conflict. Culturally it's easy for the people of Mandalore to rally behind the cause. After years of hell at the hands of the Sith and Imperial States, her people so desperately want their names on a glorious win."

He perched himself on a higher elevation towards the outskirts of the capital. This was a momentus day indeed. No doubt the galaxy would use his records to tell the history of this battle for thousands of years.

It was only a matter of waiting for the fireworks to start.

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Director of SHADES, Torture and Interrogation Officer
VVVDHjr.png
ZeNHAwD.png
Information
Objective: Defend the citadel and the prisoner
Equipment: 2x Sunfury Pistol | Light Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger || Cloaking Device | 5x ASBF Probe Droid || Empyrean gland || OPBC-01m
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard [ direct ] | Open
"Galactic Common" | <"High Nelvaanian"> | ["Essonian"] | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

EIhVhaB.png

I sighed when I heard the alarm. I was about to go into meditation, to get deeper into it and start to sweat my guest more. It seemed that I would not be a very good host for the time being, as I could not give him the right "treatment". I opened my eyes and looked at the prisoner in the energy cell. Looks like he's really going to get lucky today. I was an interrogating and torturing officer, but I didn't have to physically touch my guest, I did it in a much more sophisticated way.

I have very, very rarely needed to use physical tools when I work. I did not include drugs in the physical means, and these, in order to reduce the resistance of the target; I meant physical violence.

"Looks like you're in luck for now and your friends have gained you some time." I said to the man.

I did not know whether the enemy knew that the man was being held here or not. But the attack was likely after how successful our attack was in Core Worlds and how we captured the planets near Coruscant. Although I thought it was a bit bold to attack our capital city and not other places. If I were them, I would have attacked recently conquered worlds, as it takes years to fully conquer a world, not weeks or months. On those planets it would have been easier to foment rebellion or insurrection. But that was not my job.

I walked over to the other room and quickly put on my armour and picked up my weapons. It is likely that the majority of the guards and soldiers will be defending in the outer regions and areas rather than deep inside the citadel. In any case, I'll be here if the enemy happens to get in this far. I was actually hoping that it wouldn't happen and I could get back to my work, but I wasn't hopeful. I always tried to prepare for the worst. It was the only way to stay alive in any situation and it was expected of me because of my family name. Which is both a curse and a blessing.

"Lock down the prison section!" I gave the order to the officers here.

"Yes, Director L'lerim!" replied one of the officers.

I also stepped up to the holographic monitors to see if anyone could get inside. It happened during the prison lockdown. Maybe... maybe no one will get this far and I can deal with my guest during the attack. I'll wait here for a few minutes, and then we'll see...

XsHhoMx.png

m8oY1j0.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: 2 - Rescue People
Tags: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti Mahsa Mahsa Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

“It's okay, we're here. Do you want to hold my hand?”

Casi nodded and took the colorful teens hand. She felt a sense of calming washing over her and wondered if Zaiya was responsible.

“S.. s sorry. “ She stammered, trying to get a hold of herself. “I’ve never done anything like this before.”

She took her free hand and wiped her eyes and tried to smiley weakly. The calm feeling washing over her was helping.

“Is this what Jedi do? Rescue people from war? Is that what we are going to do?”

Casi was realizing she really should have started taking the classes her auntie had tried to put her in. Her parents were farmers or at least that's all they had ever been when she was around. She knew her dad had once been a powerful Force user but they never talked about that. Her mother had been a Force user too but they were pacifists, or at least thats what Casi thought. The most violence she had ever been around was when they would weed snakes out of the garden.

The calming sensation was helping though and now Casi felt a little embarrassed for being such a wimp. She felt her cheeks flush and vowed to try to keep up with the others on this mission.

Last edited:

GALA

Objective BYOO : Business, Explorin', Trouble

“No, I wouldn’t want’a try to neither. Plus, you’s still kinda crippled an’ all.”

Leave it to Persie not to mince words about Iko Vel Iko Vel and his current condition. He was doin’ better since the last time she saw him, where he could barely walk without having to stop frequently for breaks. They had made good progress around the cove without stoppin’ once, although they had plans to explore as far as they could.

“Thanks.”

Blush on her face quickly turned to annoyance though, as Iko started to rattle off about gravball, aka ‘the galaxy’s favorite pastime’. It was bad enough Rue and Makky were so involved in the sport, now it looked as if Iko was as well. Not even a passing interest, he was namin’ players and talkin’ about games from the previous season!

“Uh…I only knows about Perlic…he plays for the Dodgers…”

Thats the one Makky and Rue had a jersey for, if she remembered correctly. Persie wasn’t payin’ attention to such matters.

They started to walk again, rounding a portion of the cove that was takin’ them away from the village. Fishing boats were moving in and out of the mouth of the cove, followed by loud birds tryin’ to get the catch. Yet something caught her eyes beyond that.

“Iko, whats that?”

A capital ship had just popped into view high in the sky.

"Oh! Perlic! 'e's great! Y'know 'e 'as the record for..."

Iko's voice slowly trailed off to a stop as he turned his attention to where Persephone was looking, his eyes going wide as the Force was practically screaming at him that it wasn't anything good. His eyes darting around the area for a moment. There wasn't really anyone who was going to need to move from the Ship but he was still worried all the same. Stepping closer towards Persephone, as if he was going to protect her from the ship, Iko shook his head.

"I think...it's crashin'."

His eyes tried to trace a route through the sky. It was like throwing rocks through the air, or baseballs. Tracking the position of the capitol ship in the air...Trying to see how fast it was falling, he held his finger out in the air, drawing his assumed trajectory with it. Hm...It seemed like it was going to fall onto the coast ahead of them but if that was the case...People were still going to be in danger. There was a chance there was going to be a massive wave...or part of the ship could land in the water and start filling up with stuff.

The lad could feel himself wanting to move. Adrenaline starting to fill his system as he started to hop in the spot. What to do...What to do...Go and get help from the adults? That sounded like something a regular kid would do right? A Jedi would rush off to help them and he wasn't meant to be a Jedi. Not for much longer that was. His eyes darted to the ship, Persephone and then back the way they came. Come on. Choose. Choose...

"...Should we go get 'elp? We might still 'ave some time before it crashes..."

He couldn't make the choice. Or well...in his own way, he did. Instead of rushing off, Iko had turned to Persephone to see her opinion. He wasn't alone in the situation after all.

Persephone Dashiell Persephone Dashiell

wjujCZT.png

c5MkeOL.png

OBJ II - Keera Major Orbital Array // Evacuate Civilians
Nefarious Zetron | Nekana Quane Nekana Quane
Objective Tags | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah Mahsa Mahsa Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"We're not leaving. We're needed."

Cora's impassive features broke. Two impeccably manicured eyebrows rose at the engineer's defiance – alright, then. With the impending attack on the Array, command had pared down some of the extraneous staff and ordered them to evacuate. The Jedi Knight had come to assist in their departure.

They refused her help. The thought nearly had those blonde brows twitching.

"I see."

She swept her gaze around the room, carefully evaluating the mood before devising her next words. The engineers wanted to stay and assist in the defense of the array. Most of them, it seemed. There existed a time in her life when any deviation from the rules deserved reprimand, but nuance had grown out of the bitter lessons she'd learned.

Were these enginners really needed, or was this all bluster and ego? Cora supposed that she didn't know. She hadn't been privy to the specifics of the Array's staffing chain. All she knew was that these men and women had been given orders to evacuate, and instead, they intended to remain aboard and defend the place that had become their home.

Certainly, she'd be a hypocrite if she'd try and force them off.

"Very well." Cora exhaled sharply. Her stiff expression, inherited from her ruthless father, softened by a hair. "Surely you've no objection to evacuating your families, then?"

The lights above them flickered, drawing the room's attention upward for a few tense moments.

The engineers looked to eachother, a murmur of general agreement washing over them. They would stay of their own volition, but they wouldn't drag their families – civilians – into what was to come. In their meteoric rise, the Dark Empire had become ruthless.

"I will aid in their evacuation – anyone who wants to join us is welcome to. After all, you've been or-"

She stopped herself short and cleared her throat. "We must gather them quickly, in any event."
Dc6pDtW.png

Mando-Banner-Test.png

c5MkeOL.png

OBJECTIVE II - Evacuate Civilians.
TAGS - Open
GEAR - Lightsaber, Service Knife, Charric Pistol, Taser, Grenades, Armor,
VESSEL - Bes'uiik

The Array was under attack. Civilian workers who would have been working a normal day by fabricating parts for Ships that bolstered the Galactic Alliance Fleet. However, as the Empire was taking a strike against one of the major production Centers, the Mandalorian Protectors came to their aid. Our purpose? To get to the station as fast as possible. Aid whoever we could to escape the Empire assault, and hold the line against their fleeting forces. This was no moment to run, nor to give away a tactical advantage. This is where the Alliance was going to take a stand. To fight against the Empire and their desire to weaken the resources of the galactic power.

As we dropped out of hyperspace, it only took mere moments for the Empire's Ships to start turning in our direction. Yet we were well prepared for the fight to come ahead. As the carrier's green lights went up. Everyone was off boarding onto their Starfighters, Interceptors, Even Bes'uiiks like myself.

"Time to take you for a spin darling."

The Magclamp seat held me in place as she bucked up. Wings splaying wide and launching herself out of the hangar. Engines and thrusters powering on and throwing us through space. Anti-Starfighter weaponry fired upon all ships that were exiting the Carrier. Of course some went wide, or missed starfighters and hit harmlessly into the Shields of the carrier. However, I was not here to fight other Starfighters. I needed to make it to the Array and give a hand to prevent enemy boarding parties.

"Show these Imps the meaning of haste!"

A small wine of a windup before the iron beast lurched forward. Almost threatening to yank me out of the seat as she rocketed forward with the SLAM drives. A damn near straight line launch to just close as much distance as possible. Even as pings of Anti-Starfighter technology was starting to get their lock on, I smiled. Reaching down in front of the seat. Pulling a lever, and then pressing a couple buttons. Flairs shot out from the back of the Bes'uiik. As they shot behind us, I pulled the SLAM drive back and activated the Stealth Systems. Anti-Sensor Jamming to prevent lock on. While we were still visible in theory, the ultra-black coating, and the shielding systems made it extremely difficult to see with the naked eye. Even if the man who road it was in White and Gold.

Getting ever so closer, Taking evasive movements to make sure if there were any that happened to be tailing us, they would be long gone and miss. In fact, one flew well past us. Starting to head for one of the Galactic Alliance X-wings. My right hand flung itself out. Feeling the technology in the warhead, I began to twist my wrist. Trying as fast as possible to make the warhead stop. Stop! NO!

The weapon exploded before it was able to reach the X-wing. Debris littered the void of space as the X-wing flew right on by. I sighed a relief as I shut down the Stealth systems before throwing the SLAM on one more time. Punching it, I was getting closer and closer. Almost to the Shield of the Array. Come on.

Come on.... Almost there.

The ringing and beeping as missiles were hot on my ass like a Sith with power. Flairs throwing out one more time. I turned around in the seat. Letting the Bes'uiik take us ever closer. Both hands reaching out. Trying to grab the missiles. Pushing them closer and closer together. Come on! You got this! Xander didn't teach you Telekinesis for nothing!

BOOM!

The two collided mid air. One more sigh and I was about to relax when we slammed into the outer hull of the Array.

Last edited:
c5MkeOL.png
Objective 2: Search & Rescue!

"You run away."

The tone in his voice reminded Mahsa of her own master, the very serious one that left no room for arguments—usually only used for extremely important things like the point Shan was attempting to convey across to the three girls under his care. Mahsa’s grip tightened around the satchel strap she’d continued to hold, the conflict easy to see within those golden pools that looked back at the Jedi, before she finally gave a firm nod of understanding.

Harsh as it might’ve sounded Shan was right, if such a hypothetical situation were to happen they would do more harm than good by lingering behind instead of listeningBurden. She’d already made that mistake once, and it had almost cost Ayhan Ayhan his life… the last thing she wanted was for their guardian to get hurt because of them—because of her.

Thankfully the heaviness of the conversation had been lifted when introductions began to take place. They never got the chance to properly answer the Mirialan’s latest question though, her sudden squeal quickly putting a stop to that as it undoubtedly gave the man a miniature heart attack.

"Is everything okay?" The cheeks and tips of Mahsa’s ears quickly gained a reddish tint, while a hasty apology quickly left her lips. "Y-Yes…! I was just surprised… s-sorry!"

She hadn’t expected to meet the friend of a friend—part of her still wasn’t sure if calling Aris Noble Aris Noble a friend might be too forwards and one-sided of her, but that was a thought for another time—here of all places, but the Kazelrrian was conscious enough that she should’ve known better than to react the way she had given the current circumstances.

"Oh, you know Aris too?"
"Y-Yeah, we met during a field trip to Endor a little while back."

The intensity of the fiery strands finally began to mellow down once more, a duller orange hue now coloring the bottom half of Mahsa’s hair, though the blackened tips had stubbornly remained through it all.

A friendly smile was given towards the dark-haired girl who introduced herself as Casi, the Kazelrrian doing her best to keep a divide between her own concerns and the waves of worries rolling off their youngest member. She was thankful to see the colorful one take the initiative to calm Casi down, the misty eyes and quivering lips a dead giveaway that the girl was close to the verge of tears.

"Z-Zaiya’s right, we’re all here together." She tried to back up her teammate’s words, before she nodded in the direction of the knight. "And we have Shan with us too! Everything will be f-fine, we just gotta listen to him."

A sense of relief washed over Mahsa as the youngest accepted the offered hand from the Lovalla, her insecurities seemingly placated—at least for the moment—as the girl admitted this was her first mission out.

”Is that what we are going to do?”
"Mhmm, we’re gonna offer support and help those that need it."

Possibly stop bad guys too if they got too close… but that was something that Casi didn’t need to hear right now, so the Kazelrrian felt safe enough leaving it out for the time being.

Lightsaber | Padawan Apparel | Satchel with various medical herbs, basic ointments & bandages | Survival Kit

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah

Last edited:
"We're going to be rescuing people yes. But you three are going to be the ones in charge of helping people, if some of the Dark Empire men come across us. I don't want any of you to have to deal with them. Consider me...a wall between you and them. That works. Okay? You guys will be fine. As long as you listen to me."

He wasn't going to promise they wouldn't get hurt. Because there were more ways to get hurt than physical. But he was going to do his best to prevent as much of that as he could. Twirling his lightsaber for a moment, deep in thought for a moment before turning it off. He had to remind himself that these were still kids. He shouldn't try and push them too hard. Zaiya and Mahsa seemed somewhat alright, but he wanted to try and give Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah some reassurance.

"Zaiya, keep an eye out please."

With that, Shan walked backwards to the group, crouching down to try and get to Casaline's height, giving her a small smile. That was one of the things Kahlil had taught him. Always be smiling when you're dealing with someone who's afraid.

"This is going to be tough. I won't lie to you. But I've got you, alright? You won't have to do anything that's too much for you. There's going to be bad men but you don't need to focus on them. Focus on the people who need our help alright? We're beacons of hope for them. When times are tough, it's us who help them. We do this as Jedi."

The Mirialan ruffled Casaline's hair for a moment, keeping the smile on his face. Of course, that was his perspective of what a Jedi should be. He knew there were other opinions on them but it would probably be best to let the three young ones get their own opinions.

"I know things are scary as well. I'm scared, even if I don't look like it. But we don't let our fear control us, okay? Fear can lead to someone getting hurt. So when things are scary, just remember the people we're helping. The smiles that will be on their faces when they're safe. Alright?"

With that, Shan stood up to his feet and brushed himself off. Making sure everyone else was alright before heading back off in the direction they were going. Following the sounds of screams and cries, as the Array continued to shake every so often. Breathe. No point giving all that tough talk about not letting fear not take control and then getting all scared over a few shakes.

After a few more minutes walking, they came to a T junction in the array. Shan held his hand up to get the girls to wait for a moment, squinting in the darkness...before pulling his saber back to his hand as a few stray bolts of light shooting down the corridor ahead of them. Cries of pain coming from the other direction.

"Wait here. I'm going to check what's going on."

Using his stern adult voice, like a responsible knight, Shan shuffled down the corridor before peering around the corners. Down one end was a group of Dark Empire troopers, firing down the corridor, whilst there also appeared to be a few in the background setting up what seemed to be explosive charges, whilst at the other end were a few civilians trying to take cover behind whatever they could. Droids, destroyed pieces of their surroundings. It appeared that the door they had been trying to get through had malfunctioned during the attack. Though he had to quickly duck his head back in as a shot flew past his head. Alright...Alright. This should be easy enough. He hurried back over towards the girls, igniting his lightsaber just in case.

"Okay. So...I'm going to need you guys to trust me a lot right now. There's some Dark Empire troops down the corridor to our left, whilst people we need to rescue are to our right. They're stuck because of the troops and I'm pretty sure a few of them are hurt...There also may or may not be some bombs. Don't worry about that part. What I need you guys to worry about are the people. I'll deal with the Troopers. You guys just need to help the people get out down the way we came."

With that, Shan pointed literally down the way they came. It would probably help if he told one of them to be a guide, but he didn't want to risk them getting separated. If it was two of them...then maybe...

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti Mahsa Mahsa

NDq7CTZ.png

Objective 1

Minutes prior to the raid

A large trading freighter that registered from a pro Sith company from Muunilist flew through the atmosphere. The vessel maintained a steady course as it dived toward the Dark Empire's capital. Onboard inside the main cargo Minerva Fhirdiad glanced down at her helmet's visor she held with both hands. All around her was the Talon Company making their last minute preparations. This day meant much to the armored warrior.

Her people and the GADF whose she served in were now fighting side by side. Hopefully this raid will strengthen their new bond. Closing both eyes Minerva remembered all those she lost along the way, her birth parents, her adopted father Jorel and the comrades who gave their lives over the years. The memory of them all caused Minerva to squeeze her hands onto the helmet.

I fight for them as much as for all those who are beside me today.

With that thought in mind Minerva opened her eyes and put on the helm. It's HUD activated when Gakot approached his captain from the left side.

"We should be over the city in a minute. The recognition codes we stole from this ship paid off, the Sith loving Imps still don't expect a thing."

"Good. Have everyone on standby because the party will be starting soon."

Giving a two finger salute with his right hand the Klantooian grinned before walking to bellow out instructions as ordered. In the back of her mind Minerva wondered how long she should stay with the Alliance military before she can finally go join the Protectors. Sighing she loaded an ammo clip into her rifle thinking.

I'll figure it out assuming I survive this operation.

Then the red light on the hold turned green. A coded message was sent to all of the company, letting them all know the main force had arrived. Determination filled the air. The time has come. Quickly the commandos who had been flying the vessel exited the bridge leaving it on autopilot with a predetermined course.

The Present

Once everyone was assembled in the bay Minerva stood in front of them all. They weren't Mando'a but she was so proud to call them comrades. She had only enough time to say a few words.

"Talons, we‘re jumping into the gundark nest. Now is the time to strike, now is the time to bring the war they started to their home. Remember Teta!"

"Remember Teta!" They all shouted back full of determination.

Immediately the massive ramp as violent winter winds blew. With a collective roar Minerva and her whole company charged and leaped off the ship. Activating their jetpacks they dive into the city below just as the drop pods of the Allied Forces came down as well. Within two minutes they descended blasting at the nearest Imperial troops and authorities. Landing in a roll onto the roof of a security station Minerva briefly glances around as the chaos spreads through the city.

The moment passed and she rushed over to the side as some of her commandos were engaging hostiles at the speeder lot. She aimed one of her vambraces down and fired a missile that flew and exploded a security speeder, killing all four Imperials that took cover beside it. Grinning she issued her next order via comms.

"Tear this station apart!"

Meanwhile the freighter still on autopilot kept flying, heading straight toward a mountain southwest of the city many miles away. Moments later the vessel crashed erupting into a great burst of flames. It caused the mountain shake and soon massive piles of snow crumpled off the mountain side to down below. It quickly turned into a raging avalanche. It surged downwards toward an Imperial military base directly below the mountain.

Flooding down at two hundred miles per hour, those at the base would have fifteen minutes left. Only a few will manage to escape on their starcraft and several others on speeders and speeder bikes sped away. Minutes later the avalanche consumed the base and all those trying to flee, burying them alive. That is what the Talons had calculated and planned for this rotations ago.

The rampage continued on and on until finally it halted in a cloud of smoke a few miles away from the city’s outskirts.

Last edited:

GALA

Objectives : BYOO ; Business, Family
Tags : Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau , Iko Vel Iko Vel

Brow furrowed, looking at Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau as if she had lost it. Why would he say bad things about her? Oh…right, when they broke up. He hadn’t said much then, just moped around and was forced to help dejectedly on the crab traps. Other than that.

“Of course,why would I say anything bad?”

Grabbing two pieces of bread, Makai placed a fritter down and some sweet-and-sour fruit chutney on top, cutting the sandwich in half. One half went to Rue, the other to Ellie. He leaned in closer to his love, whispering so she wouldn’t be put on the spot.

“So you can’t see the little eyes…plus, this is really good like this.”

There was other food, but Makai got it, she was trying to to offend the matriarch of the Kai family. He doubted his grandmother would be concerned, they were all aware that she wasn’t aquatic and didn’t grow up like this. The only reason he was used to much of this food was due to his grandparents living so close when he was young. His father made it a point to keep him in contact with this side of the family, despite everything.

“No, all positive dear.” Talia finally sat down, continuing on. “When Makai leaves, we’ll kick out all the men and really talk. Just some friendly advice. Everyone gets it. Don’t worry….Makai don’t look like that.”

“I’m worried because I already got the ‘advice’ from everyone. Yet don’t worry, I’ll be out of your hair soon. I’ve got to the project on Ithor, see how thats going, checking on the mining company..help grandpa and the uncles, of course.”

One of those he could multi-task, like last time. He was here to check on his mines, thanks to the last skirmish the offices were taken out.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

c5MkeOL.png

Keera Major Orbital Array
Objective Two: Rescue some People!
Interacting with: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Mahsa Mahsa | Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah

TddmRqj.png
-

As soon as Casi gave permission, Zaiya dropped her hand from the young girl's shoulders to reach and clasp Casi's right hand. With an encouraging smile, she gave it a reassuring squeeze, trying to do her best to soothe Casi's fears and concerns.

"I know. It can seem very scary. I was also suddenly thrust into a battle unexpectedly while on Tython," Zaiya explained, remembering that terrible fight. "But my friend Aris and Braze did their best to keep me safe, and Shan will do the same -- Mahsa and I will too!" the Lovalla turned to look at the Kazelrrian - then gave another double take, a kaleidoscope of color tones shifting in slow dawning realization as she saw the color tones at the tips of Mahsa's hair change.

"Wait, is your hair changing color?" Duh, Zaiya, yes, it was! For once, it was her turn to be silly and stare, amazed that someone else could change hues. Granted, it was only Mahsa's hair, but it was still cool. The Kazelrrian then revealed that she had met Aris while on Endor. When did Aris go to Endor? He hadn't told her about that. No, wait, that could have been a while back, or maybe he didn't think of letting her know. No, wait, why would Aris have to tell her exactly where he went on missions with his Master or anything?

Zaiya was starting to get a slight headache because her thoughts were starting to get all jumbled. It all began after talking to Colette, Astri, Braze, and Loomi.

Focus, Zaiya, on what really matters!

Thankfully, Shan drew Zaiya out of her little mental chaos and also managed to say the perfect words to Casi, which even made the Lovalla teen glow slightly in growing morale. He was right. We shouldn't let fear control us!

A firm nod and then a smile over to Casi, and they followed Shan. What came next, however, made Zaiya's rosy golden skin blanche a bit. Just to understand the scenario, Zaiya asked, "Okay... so when do we start moving towards the people? Do we wait until you already engaged the troopers? Or are we moving at the same time?"

Zaiya had her solid-state hologram bangle so she could program a shield if needed to protect them from being shot. "I have a solid-state hologram shield I can activate if needed, but it will be bright. Do you need us to move without drawing notice or move as fast and protected as we can?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

Gear

Sabers: Training lightsaber | Gauntlet Shield | Resurgence | Corsage | Calypso | Sentry | Requiem | Echo | Whirlwind | Twilight | Nightshade
Melee: Knife
Ranged: Fang |G.O.O. Gun
| GA-E.G.G.S. | Phantom |
Equipped Gear: Boots | Gauntlets
| Lightveil Circlet | Mask| Charms x3 | Ring | Amulate | Brace
Other Items:
| Survival Kit |
Ships: Ashwing
Crystals: Serenity | Phantom Ghostfire | Amplification | Frostheart | Entropite | Tiger's Fang | Mindshatter | Echos | Mestare

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

OBJ II - Keera Major Orbital Array

Braze stood stationed on the Orbital Array, ready and willing to do his part in defending his friends. Prepared and in peak condition, he stood vigilant, confident and staunch, listening intently and keeping a focused gaze down the halls. The atmosphere was tense, and he could feel the impending chaos in every fiber of his being. The air around him buzzed with palpable energy—worry, concern, anger, fear—all swirling together, fueling his resolve. He was on edge, hyper-focused on what was to come, determined to face whatever challenge approached.

m8oY1j0.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: 2 - Rescue People
Tags: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti Mahsa Mahsa Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Zaiya said more encouraging worlds and Casi nodded, but soon the Jedi Knight Shan had got down to talk to her. He sounded confident and in charge and it helped calm Casi down a great deal.

"This is going to be tough. I won't lie to you. But I've got you, alright? You won't have to do anything that's too much for you. There's going to be bad men but you don't need to focus on them. Focus on the people who need our help alright? We're beacons of hope for them. When times are tough, it's us who help them. We do this as Jedi."

Casi nodded, not wanting to let him down, and tried to smile. This was her first mission out but she had trained some with her aunt, even before they were all frozen in carbonite. Casi couldn't remember everything from her past because of hibernation sickness, but she knew that her aunt must have taught her some things about being a Jedi. Hopefully those instincts would come back to her once they started moving.

Feeling more confident she listened as Shan explained the plan. She nodded to show she understood and let her eyes travel the way he was saying they needed to go. She was trying not to think about the word 'bombs' too much. That was terrifying. But fear could get them all hurt. She had to control it.

She took a deep breath and shivered slightly, but this time it wasn't out of fear. She was still fighting off hibernation sickness so her body temperature was too low. The adrenaline was keeping her warm though and she knew once they got moving she would warm up too. Plus a bomb was a good way to warm up right?

No! Don't think about that!!!!!

She scolded herself and took another deep breath. She could do this. Once Zaiyas questions were answered they were going to help people. She was going to be able to help others so they did not have to go to the hospital in comas like her parents did. She felt a surge of determination at that thought.

c5MkeOL.png
Objective 2: Search & Rescue!

"Zaiya’s right, we’ll all work hard to keep each other safe Casi." Mahsa knew better than to promise the girl she’d be back home entirely unscathed, that itself was an impossible guarantee for anyone to make—even if they were the most seasoned Jedi in the galaxy. What she could promise the girl however was to give her very best towards that goal, and she was thankful that the Lovalla was also of the same mindset.

Whether it was due to the words, or perhaps an unknown ability from the colorful one, Mahsa had felt the gradual shift of emotions emanating from Casi as she’d calmed down. It offered the Kazelrrian a well appreciated break, able to focus less on keeping her own doubts and worries from increasing due to the influence of the youngest—

"Wait, is your hair changing color?"
"Wha—a-aah yes, it kinda does that s-sometimes…"

Mahsa wasn’t one used to be thrusted into the spotlight, and it caused the fiery shades to lick higher upon the usually snow strands of hair. A hand reached for some of the blackened tips, rubbing the fibers against her fingers nervously, before an unfiltered thought slipped past her lips. "I l-like your skin and spots… They have pretty colors."

Their waning focus was quickly brought back to attention as the knight approached, the Mirialan crouching down to be at a better level with his three young charges as he focused his attention on Casi. Though his words were mostly directed at the human girl, a set of golden eyes never left the Jedi as Mahsa paid attention to his every word as well.

While the girl had been doing her very best to bury her own fears deep, doubly so upon seeing how overwhelmed the youngest had been, that didn’t mean they weren’t lurking in the shadows—seeking for a break or gap they could exploit to flood and reach the forefront of her mind.

She was just as scared as everyone else here, and this time Ayhan Ayhan was nowhere nearby for the Kazelrrian to seek comfort from. Fighting without him at her side still felt unreal, as if she’d been thrusted into a nightmare against her will, one devoid of any familiar faces for Mahsa to rely on.

"We're beacons of hope for them. When times are tough, it's us who help them. We do this as Jedi."

Hope… it was a feeling she’d never fully given up on, though she’d come close to plenty of times. The relief that had flooded her once they had realized the figures raiding the Cage had actually come to help them and the others was one Mahsa would never forget… and now she found herself in the position of giving that feeling to others.

"So when things are scary, just remember the people we're helping. The smiles that will be on their faces when they're safe. Alright?" Though the question hadn’t been directed at her Mahsa had nodded, a faint smile tugging the corners of her lips as the knight’s words brought comfort to more than one member of their group.

It wasn’t long before they were moving again, a newfound confidence to her steps that held even as the occasional tremor shook the metal halls they traversed. Sensitive ears had quickly picked the distinct sound of fighting among the frightened wails that echoed all around the Array, causing the padawan to call out for their guardian.

"Master Shan…!"

It seemed that her warning had arrived just as the Mirialan caught them too, his hand held up in a silent request for the girls to stay put, just before a couple of stray red bolts illuminated the nearby junction as they shot past their view. A firm nod was given by Mahsa before the knight grasped the handle of his weapon, leaving the girls as he slunk away to get a better view of what lay ahead.

The wait had felt eternal, and a relieved sigh escaped the Kazelrrian as Shan finally returned to relay the situation for the trio. The mention of bombs had undoubtedly raised a few eyebrows among them, but perhaps more concerning for her had been the way he’d quickly glossed past the topic as he assigned the rescue of the trapped people to them.

"I-If any of them slip past Master Shan I’ll keep them busy." Her response came shortly after Zaiya mentioned her shield, and the brightness it would create.

It'd probably be best to keep the troopers from seeing how many they were for as long as possible, and fighting for survival was not a foreign experience for the Kazelrrian.

Lightsaber | Padawan Apparel | Satchel with various medical herbs, basic ointments & bandages | Survival Kit

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah

Last edited:
He'd been called upon to assist in evacuating people from an orbital array, while others defended the area. Despite his age, he was still a padawan, after all, and he also didn't have a lightsaber at the moment, so it made sense that he wasn't going to be asked to do a lot of fighting, himself. Still... As he readied himself, in the hangar, he couldn't help but feel that there was going to be danger. His ship was here, but he'd be on the array for a while, so he didn't bother warming it up, now.

Reaching into the cockpit, he pulled his jacket back on, and slid the pistol into a holster at his side. At best, they'd know he was the same smuggler turned Jedi that had shown up a lot of places and shot at them. At worst, the Dark Empire flunkies would just see him as another Jedi to be gunned down. His pistol would surely be a surprise, in either situation. This thing hit hard.

He'd been expecting to run into... He looked at his datapad again... Knight Shan Pavond...and some other padawans... Yet, the moment that he left, he was a little late, looking good was a pain in the ass sometimes. He immediately recognized one of the young women, though he didn't think she was a padawan... hell, he was pretty sure she wasn't a Jedi. Yet as a blaster bolt flew past his head, nearly grazing his ear, he realized that now wasn't the time for such thoughts and hunkered down, before making his way over.

"Sorry to interrupt and for being late. Padawan Gallustrade, reporting." He tapped the holstered pistol at his side. "Kinda sans lightsaber, at the moment, but I can do a fair bit with my blaster. Just tell me where you need me and how." What could he do to help out in this situation? He wasn't sure, admittedly, but with any luck the knight would. Otherwise, he'd make sure the other padawans and the young woman stayed safe. He looked to the others, as Shan prepared himself. "I'll do my utmost to make sure that as few people get hurt as possible... We'll follow your lead, Knight Pavond." Ugh that still made him cringe, just a bit.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Mahsa Mahsa Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti
Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom