Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech (NSLR) B-12 Mechanical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshal, Journeyman Protector
giuseppe-caridi-armor1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Fourth Degree
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Height: Large
  • Movement: Bipedal, Rockets
  • Armaments:
    Turbolaser Cannon, Tri-Missile Launcher (back)
    Plasma Beam (head)
    Lightning Gun (right arm)
    Rotary Blaster Cannon, Flamethrower (left arm)
  • Misc. Equipment:
    Shield (right arm)
    Maneuvering Rockets (legs)
    Droid Brain (torso)
    Scanners (torso)
    Comms (torso)
  • Resistances :Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Secure datalinks allowing for sharing of targeting data and recieiving override commands
STRENGTHS
  • Very heavily armed
  • Agile for its size
WEAKNESSES
  • External weapons are susceptible to damage and explosion
  • Joints are weakly armoured
DESCRIPTION

When the New Star League Remnants made their exile from the Alula system and the NSL, much of their flotilla was made up of second and third hand equipment. A notable exception was their complement of B-12 surface drones. The B-12 is a superbly armed battle droid which is effective as either an autonomous unit or linked together into a unit receiving guidance from a central location.

The droid's torso is packed with high powered sensor and communication systems, along with the droid brain. This core links to the drone control center on the command ship, and to the rest of the droid's systems. With the exception of the maneuvering rockets in the legs, which can also provide bipedal propulsion, those systems are all extremely powerrful and diverse weapons systems.

The droid's primary weapon is a forward facing plasma beam mounted above the torso. Secondary weapons are a lightning gun and a rotary blaster cannon mounted on each side. Tertiary weapons are a triple barreled missile launcher and a heavy turbolaser cannon on the upper back of the torso. For close combat, the right arm is outfitted with a shield, and the left with a flamethrower.

The droid was originally given the designation B-12 and the service title of Mechanical. These terms have fallen into disuse. After the first deployment, they were renamed Leaper by the troops. In combat, these droids can jump great heights and distances on their powerful rocket boosters, before landing to deploy heavy firepower. When an area is free of targets, they can jump again, leaping to their next engagement.

The B-12 Mechanical, 'Leaper' to the NSLR troops, is an effective and dangerous surface support automaton, bringing heavy firepower easily deployable to any area of the battlefield. They can provide cover and suppression, fighting alongside friendly soldiers, inspired that such a dangerous fighting force is on their side.

Last edited:
Remote Control of droids at this height, has the same potential for the Mecha rule to be abused. It is not allowed and we are asking for its removal. This is not up for debate.

Rating being one to high, means the submission is not balanced in the ratings for say Resistances, Size and Weight. It needs to equal to zero.

As for the last part, the reason has been given in the post provided for the vehicle being denied. There is always a talk before denying anyone's submission and yours took a few hours. It was deemed not in the vein of Star Wars asthetic and breaking Mecha rules for its arms which resulted in its denial. This is not the focus of this submission and after this point, is considered closed.

Let me know when you fix the issues listed previously.
Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch

Werent the droids in Episode 1 all remote controlled from the droid control ship? I think its pretty star wars if its from the movies.
The remote control battle droids in Ep1 and the autonomous droids from Ep2 is what I am going for here. Not sure if that was clear.

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Last edited:
There is a difference between a device that allows a droid to operate fully on its own and a device such as the Trade Federation.

B1s were usually slaved to a central control mainframe located on a remote starship or another well-defended facility. However, this could lead to massive failure if the central control mainframe was destroyed, such as during the Battle of Naboo, in which Anakin Skywalker destroyed the Droid Control Ship.[SUP][6][/SUP]

Theirs is not true remote control and let me explain. These had a central command center that gave an order for the battle droid to operate since their processors did not give them the ability to make choices on their own. Much like a radio, if turned off, they turn off. These were controlled through broad commands and as we know from the movies, possibly the worst kind if splitting a million computers through one internet source. These were early models and they were very cheap to produce...and to give an idea if still confused...imagine each command given to a broad group, which then in turn has to process poorly that code and then issue a command to tear down a wall...while two die of the six. That is not proper remote control, that is simply giving orders to poor soldiers.

What remote control means here is that if someone touched a button, they had not only full control, but can act as the droid and mimic movements to where the droid can operate solely on one user. This is not allowed and we as the Factory, discussed this in the background to ensure nothing was missed as we raised concerns of the submission during judging.

As for the vehicle, the image was indeed the main culprit. Once again, arms violated the rules of Mecha. This has been spoke before and will not be brought up again in this submission. Matter is closed.

Thanks for the clarifcation about the image and the arms. I fixed that up in the redesign.

Im not sure you are understanding me. I am not wanting a remote control as what you described. As you said in ep1 the droid could be given basic commands from a central source and in Ep2 they were your more standard droid brain. What i want to do is have both, where the droid is autonomous, but can be given commands from a central command ship.

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch | Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

I'll be stepping in to take over this submission.

It seems the issue here is around the definition of remote control. Remote control generally means actual control from a remote source, like a radio-controlled car.

However, I suggest that you include a clear definition as to what you mean in the special features section so we can all be clear about what you're aiming for.

Thank you for doing that, it does make sense.

Would you mine altering the sentence below to reflect it and prevent any future confusion?

The B-12 is a superbly armed battle droid which is as effective as a droid or under remote control.

I would suggest wording similar to that below.

The B-12 is a superbly armed battle droid which is effective as either an autonomous unit or linked together into a unit receiving guidance from a central location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom