Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gates of Tartarus (OOC Fleeting)

Also, a reminder;

If you have things you need me to consider such as special abilities/tech/stealth etc please put it in the summary or on the ship orders. That's what I study the closest, so if it's not there I likely won't see it.

[member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] | [member="Zahori Denko"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] | [member="Aleksander Miles"] | [member="Asharad Graush"] | [member="Morro"] | [member="Jotham Noktis"] | [member="Gerhard Maxim"] |
[member="Zark"] | [member="Isamu Baelor"] | [member="Cathul Thuku"] | [member="AD-8"] | [member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Alexandra Morrow"]

I thank you all for your patience and apologise for the delay. Doing every one of these posts is a monumental amount of work. Fiolette already helps me with the map, but if anyone would like to assist me with some of the calculations etc I would greatly appreciate it.

Ability to use Excel and be willing to sort through 15 posts and input that data into a spreadsheet required.

Reward: quicker posts and my gratitude.

Tanomas Graf

T
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Fine.

If it's anything like doing the map index, I'll do it.

[member="Zahori Denko"]

I'll git u soon just u wait

[member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] | [member="Zahori Denko"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] | [member="Aleksander Miles"] | [member="Asharad Graush"] | [member="Morro"] | [member="Jotham Noktis"] | [member="Gerhard Maxim"] | [member="Zark"] | [member="Isamu Baelor"] | [member="Cathul Thuku"] | [member="AD-8"] | [member="Lily Kuhn"] | [member="Alexandra Morrow"]

It is with considerable reluctance and a great frustration with myself mainly that I post this.

I’m going to have to call a halt to this thread. Now I am back at work I cannot put in the time necessary to make this function as it should.

Let me explain why things are as they are and why I’ve taken this step so everyone does not think this was done lightly.

The Fleeting thread started on the 16th. I had taken a full 10 days of holidays with the intention of being able to post every 1-2 days depending on speed. I knew I would be AFK on ‘real’ holidays days 8-9 but I figured I would be able to make up for this at night-time and then on the last day. I also knew I’d have a long weekend (holiday in Australia) this coming weekend so even if there was a lull in this week I could make up for it then.

Best laid plans often go astray, and it was to something I could not have planned for. The site downtime as well as being added to the Google blacklist was a fairly crippling blow to this thread especially because in the aftermath of my first posts most of our members in general but in the fleeting especially were unable to access the site, or do so from a PC with which to post.

By the time I posted round 2 I had pretty much run out of time, and left for my break. There, I found that the ‘free wifi’ was limited to 512kb/sec which meant accessing anything was painful, and so most of it had to be done from my phone. Needless to say editing Excel, Word and PowerPoint (which I do the maps in) is practically impossible.
This, combined with an underestimation of how much work was involved means that I couldn’t even finish round 3 before I went back to work. From work, the hours needed to do this sort of thing are obviously not there, and I didn’t feel like overstressing myself when I got home each night to do it.

Finally, the long weekend upcoming is going to be unavailable due to the very necessary movement of the site servers. That’s great for the site, but it means there’s 3 days when I will struggle to post an update and which no one else will be able to post, leaving another week before a likely update. That’s not fair for anyone following this thread.

Aside from bad luck though I have to say I completely underestimated how much work was involved with this thread. Even though I had a homogenous fleet this time I had designed and even with the help of [member="Ria Misrani"], [member="Tanomas Graf"] and [member="Cathul Thuku"] it proved to be too much to handle. Each update was taking literally 6-7 hours solid and I couldn’t keep up.
A big thank you to the three above for their help.

So I would like to apologise to all the writers signed up to this thread. I think we had a great battle brewing, and next round I was hoping to show off some tricks. Epic is just too big I fear.

However, whilst this thread is being closed I am open to people wanting to do either of the following:
  • Turn it into an ‘Alliance’ versus ‘Order’ thread, red vs blue. I can easily do map updates if people want that. It would likely mean restarting it though as it would be unfair to let the sides fight at this point when they’re not expecting it.
  • Hold smaller fleeting battles with the Contingency against individual factions such as the Galactic Alliance or First Order. That should be more manageable to run and maintain after the event is done.
Let me know if either of the above suit you.
I want to thank everyone for being involved. Running events is hard work, and I was not able to full keep the pace going here. For that I apologise. For those of you not in the thread hoping for it to fail (and I know there are a few), I hope you are smugly satisfied.

The rest of the event will continue as planned, with the PVE especially being kicked into the next stage to push towards an epic conclusion.

Thank you.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

qtjZHA.gif

Although it's over, thanks for the work you've done with this thread. As a mathematical innumerate, I respect the dedication you put into it, and appreciate the time you've put in.

Looks like I'm gonna have to pour one out for this thread, and the Heff tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom