Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sands of Korriban (Trainer Request)

Triad

Serenno Nobility
The heel of Tendon Marr's black leather boot imprinted on the sand just outside his ship. The winds of Korriban howled, tossing debris, rolling rocks, and wafted the dust effortlessly across its own barren landscape. He was finally here. After weeks of deliberation, Marr finally settled on the idea that even he would need to be trained in the Dark Arts, lest he actually found himself in a real battle. He stepped away from his vessel with an aggressive confidence, his eyes darting across the horizon like some caged animal. Nobody in sight. Such was in the eye of the beholder, though, as Marr didn't believe his eyes for a second. There were others, out and around, who were patiently poised in the shadows. They were watching his every move and he new it, so he wouldn't give them a reason to cause him harm.

Marr drew a sharp breath of air, squinting his eyes at a small clearing of rocks adjacent to his makeshift landing pad. He was no more than a few hundred meters outside of the Valley of the Dark Lords' boundaries on a cliff which overlooked a massive canyon. He could just make out the silhouette of Dreshdae, standing proudly over the old Sith valley. Briskly, he sauntered to the clearing. There were footsteps, barely covered by the thin layer of sand, but fresh nonetheless. He would find somebody, and not just somebody. He would find a Sith Master.

"Ah the fresh arrogance of nobility and a sith wrapped up all in one." Her voice seemingly being whispered in his ear but she was no where to be seen. She had felt him arrive soon after her own arrival to such a place. However, she'd test the young would be Sith as she allowed her force signature to be as small as one of his own level.

Seemingly stepping out of the shadows with a somewhat devious yet stunning smile was Kiara. Of course, she wore her mask as their was no telling if this man was worth revealing her identity too. Only time would be able to tell that and she barely thought he'd pass the first of her tests.

Maybe he'd be better suited for one of the weaker master who would tell him his pride is his power, when the true answer was your control over yourself within your darkest thoughts and sins was true strength. There is no strength except momentarily for submitting yourself to darkness but rather submitting darkness to your will.

"Think you have what it takes to become a Sith little one. Let's see how you fair up against a real sith and not these pathetic fools that still wander these old halls falling pray to old spirits."

As soon as she finished talking her image fell away as if she suddenly disappeared and if he had force senses he would notice in the force she's seemed to vanish too.

Stepping out the shadows was her personal aid and one of the few people she cared for which was Ria Alanaire. She didn't want to test Ria like this either but she had to stop cuddling her.

Ria silently drew his twin lightsabers just like her master Kiara would, dropping into an Ataru stance she beckoned the man over with a cocky gesture and look.

Triad

Serenno Nobility
"Away we go." Marr mused silently to himself.

He looked at the figure to his immediate vicinity, his lips pressed into a smirk. Marr narrowed his eyes in careful examination of what lay ahead. He sensed a spark of power, a callous energy in his path which existed in the being in front of him, and a much larger one off in the distance.

This was a mere pawn, however his mission was beginning to take form. Perhaps this unknown entity served a much greater purpose. It was a matter of fact in Marr's mind as he became ever aware that the potential for him to find a trainer drew closer.

"Think you have what it takes to become a Sith little one. Let's see how you fair up against a real sith and not these pathetic fools that still wander these old halls falling pray to old spirits." It hissed at him.

Marr fully turned his body, cocking a bemused eyebrow at the sentiment which was thrown his way.

"I know I have." He answered, his hubris was white hot.

As far as Marr could tell, it was not the figure who spoke these words, but rather it emitted from the larger source of energy, whose omipresence loomed over the entire scene. It drew its lightsaber though, and instinctively, but with such a menacing calmness, Marr drew his. He arched his wrist and ignited his blood red curved hilt, stepping into a Makashi riposte to prepare.

He was was so tranquil, and yet prepared for anything.

Ria made a note to laugh a little as she watched his seemingly casual stance but in actuality she knew that this man had to be skilled in Makashi as it took skill to remain so poised but ready.

Shifting her feet she found herself mid stance between Ataru and Djem So. She used her strength from Ataru to easily bound from wall to wall until flying toward Marr. As she stepped into the last wall before heading toward Marr she shifted into Djem So the power behind her was evident as the wall shuddered upon her landing.

As she flew forward she brought one saber below her to deflect any type of counter and the other one horizontally above her toward Marr as well. However, she was not done yet as she attempted more as her master would. Punching the wall with the force into an immediate grip on the rubble she sent it flying around her to aid her ascent toward Marr.

"Ha, you think your ready for the Sith eh.

From the formless shadows of the room watched Kiara with almost child like interest. Part of her rooted endlessly for her Ria who managed to start out quite well but her interest in a formal apprentice within the order plagued her to hope for Marr's victory.

Life is never that simple is it. . .

Triad

Serenno Nobility
Form Five. Marr was quick to recognize the impending power strike of an able bodied practitioner of Djem So. What good was this person's attack though? Surely he was prepared for such a predictable move, and he scoffed. The tandem of maneuver when paired with the use of the Force was a nice touch, he thought.

His query was moving monodimensional though, giving Marr ample time to shift his weight and backflip onto a tall rock. He had picked up his acrobatic skill as a child, and given his limited knowledge of the force, he was merely experimenting as he combined jumps with a small push from his fingertips. He was, however, a very skilled duelist.

Marr raised his blade and eyed Ria for a split second before leaping from the rock to the ground behind her. She was in the process of following through with her attack, an unavoidable side-effect to such an aggressive tactic. How childish.

"I believe I made myself clear." He spat, swinging his blade into an upward thrust in one graceful Passata Sotto

"I am."

As Ria noticed the actions of the man she realized she had made a grave mistake cutting off both of her sabers because she knew she wasn't yet skilled enough to roll with them she immediately tucked into a roll narrowly missing his blade by inches.

She sprung up running scaling the wall with the force leaping on the rock next to the one he previously stood on. She beckoned him to come up cockily but in truth she was scared by how closely she could have just died.

More so, surely Kiara wouldn't have let her die would she? I mean she was training to be Sith but she knew Kiara wouldn't throw her to the dogs would she? Or maybe she thought her to be better and was letting her down?

Saddess welled up in Ria in them few moment of pause in battle as she awaited the man to join her. She was letting down all her training and for what she didn't watch this man like she was supposed too.

Is that sadness I feel little Ria? Surely I've trained you better than that, where's your power at. Remember the same power you showed me when you took out the Jedi Knight following you? Come give Kee a show now!

A smile rose on her face, as she gripped her blades tighter now igniting them in Ataru form. Crossing her blades she formed a pincer lock, calling the force around her caused her force shield to wrap itself around her body. It was one of the perks as none remembered such techniques like her Master did.

"Well I'm waiting?"

Triad

Serenno Nobility
A sadistic half-smile pursed Marr's lips as he came to the immediate realization just how emotionally unstable she was. The dramatic lack of confidence stuck out the most to him; this girl craved reassurance, and he overheard the true entity enabling her.

While he couldn't hear the girl's master ver batim, he could assume by her sudden boost in determination that she was being capacitated.

"Aw, she's just saying that!" Marr taunted. "Besides, look how sloppily you've parried. Surely your form wont last you another five minutes, you amateur!"

He raised the blade parallel to his face, and then pointed the tip to Ria who perched herself up on the rock and out of his reach. He would not fall for her bait.

"Come down from there, fight me like a real Sith, else you contradict your accusations."

Seeing as he didn't come up there she eyed him curiously while beginning to channel her energy. Hearing his retort she simply smiled as she knew Kiara never spoke praise or encouragement unless she felt like it was needed.

Confidence flowing she simply leaned forward sliding down the rock semi-vertically in a fashion impossible without the force. Regarding him with a flourish of her blades twirling before slowly approaching him.

She sent her left saber out spinning in a deadly arc toward him but it was merely a fake as she'd expect him to parry it to save his life and she'd instantly call it back to her hand shifting her now free hand she'd sent a devastating condensed blast of the forve vertically downward at the left side of his torso.

Finally closing the distance between them she would have her other saber and send several strikes toward his tendons and wrists.

Triad

Serenno Nobility
Marr was excellent at predicting outcomes, it's a skill that's saved his life on more than one occasion. When the lightsaber came spinning in his direction, he stood, motionlessly. The direction and speed of the spin betrayed its intentions. This was a fake, it didn't even have a viable flight path. So he watched, unafraid as it hummed to his face, meant to prove more of a distraction than it was worth. Marr raised his weapon and swiped it away. He was right, as usual.

He was able to recover quickly leap past the force blast to some extent, managing to roll away briskly, however the vicious attack to his upper limbs came to certain surprise. Marr continued his defensive position, deflecting the attacks as they came.

With a giant spasm of his muscular system, Marr unexpectedly lurched forward, readjusting his grip into the deadly Juyo form. If the girl wanted a pugnacious duel then her wish was Marr's command. He swung with intense power behind each motion, switching between attacks to the legs and to the head, forcing Ria into an exhausting chain of defense. Surely this is where she would make a flustered mistake.

Shifting into a defensive stance of Ataru, she watched as her went to Juyo which was a very aggressive style. She quickly had to block, parry and side step her way from being chopped to pieces.

Though, she could see that this was only going to tire her but with him using his enhanced strength to perform the form he'd waste even more. And with her smaller frame her agility would hold her to make this a endurance test that she'd win and easily dispatch him from their.

Still she couldn't help but try to further cripple him by attempting to grip his spasmed leg and apply as much pressure as she could manage in her distracted state as she had to focus most of her focus to keep up.

Triad

Serenno Nobility
Marr kept tabs of his opponent's movements, she was adjusting the strain of his attack and attempting to redirect pressure onto his legs, which still rattled violently as he assaulted her with a barrage of slices.

Marr jumped back, giving her a moment to recover. He had a basic idea of her fighting style by now, and prepared himself for her next counter maneuver.

Switching back to Makashi, Marr twirled his lightsaber around his hand, placing his footing in a firm, yet oh so temporary position.

She smiled as she watched him leap back seemingly seeing through her ruse. She spun her sabers around to loosen her muscles as battling so quickly at close range would cause them to tight and wound in positions no good for their current distance.

Now she stood as he did awaiting his own movement, she would not be lead into a trap either. She had too much riding on this fight and as she now loosely held her blades that would allow for easier movement but without quickly gripping before impact could cause them to be knocked out of her hand.

As soon as she began to open her mouth to speak, the felt a dark shudder through the dark side of the force that felt like a rip. Looking to her left she saw Kiara emerging from the shadows.

"That is enough, Ria I expected more from you and for you to grow stronger within yourself. I won't always be their you know our roles in the galaxy and how many we entail and any of them if they are dumb or smart enough will be vying for my spot. Now feel your punishment."

Without warning or movement lightning sprung from Kiara's hands easily shattering Ria's shield and sending her pinned against the wall as the lightning engulfed her. It's time she broke Ria and make her build herself anew.

Walking a kneeling before her as the lightning ended and her badily burned body laid on the floor trembling in pain and spoke to her in a whisper clouded by the force so Marr couldn't possibly hear.

"Feel your pain and know that it is nothing. Feel your rage and allow it to become you and when it takes you and it knows it has you make it realize it was you the whole time and most of all survive little Ria."

And she completely forgot Ria and walked over toward Marr.

" Impressed by your victory are you?"

Triad

Serenno Nobility
"That is enough, Ria I expected more from you and for you to grow stronger within yourself. I won't always be their you know our roles in the galaxy and how many we entail and any of them if they are dumb or smart enough will be vying for my spot. Now feel your punishment."

The girl he had just fought was suddenly hurled off balance as bands of electricity engulfed her petite frame. The angry blue hue was powerful enough to reflect off its nearby surroundings.

Suddenly, she directed her attention to Marr, who stood, curiously watching the events transpire.

" Impressed by your victory are you?" She questioned.

A dramatic tick of time passed by.

"I'm never impressed." Marr answered cooly, retracting his lightsaber blade.

His finger rested on the hilt's trigger, though, and he was ready to defend himself on a moment's notice. This woman who had finally shown herself, the actual Dark Side entity, was far more powerful than he.

Marr's eyes darted to Ria, who had been made short work of. He could smell her charred skin, a satisfying scent which he relished. She whimpered softly, unable to regain herself from such a ravaging attack.

She noticed his regard to Ria and smiled maliciously for a second while walking closer to him only to side step him. But only just barely as if one moved they would touch as she walked past him she spoke. Voice corrupted purposely by the dark side as she somewhat laughed while speaking.

"Oh trust me; There is strength in being the winner but it also means more is expected now of you." Pausing for a second as she assumed he knew to follow as she began to walk down the corridor. "Fail me and your pain will make hers look like a walk in the park.

Not waiting for him to speak but simply waiting for him to catch up before saying. "Now tell me what is it you seek as a Sith?" A Sith's life is nothing but tests so he will be forever tested.

Triad

Serenno Nobility
"Now tell me what is it you seek as a Sith?"

Marr rolled back his shoulders, popping joints as he relaxed his neck. What a loaded question that was. He thought about his response for a moment.

"Inherently, the Sith don't mean anything to me as a whole, my loyalty to them is based on an exponential investment. I desire the teachings that the Order has to forfeit, I crave the power I can harness through the identity of a Sith, and most importantly I yearn to haunt every last shred of righteousness and joy that this Galaxy still possesses."

He reached into his belt pouch and pulled a lone cigarette, lighting it swiftly before taking a deep, silent drag.

"Everyone has a motive, what's yours?" he spat, exhaling a cloud of toxic gas.

Kiara found a sense of approving based off of the apprentice's answer to her question. Though, that didn't mean she was going to show it. This man had ambition and like her would probably at least try to dispose of her once his sense of her use was up.

As they walked they made their way to a sealed door, which upon calling on the force it slight glowed before activation. The heavy doors parted ways with a shudder revealing the hangar bay. Sith technicians and slaves alike could be seen working on, fueling or contemplating their holo screens. Finally, deciding to speak on what the apprentice had said she realized she didn't know his name but would utilize it to keep an air of indifference towards him.

"Well lets just say that to me that is a good view to have. However, until I impart better training and knowledge to you I suggest you keep such opinions between us."

She further realized she never answered the questions of her motives but it wouldn't serve her any good for him to know. So instead she conferred with one of the tech. Sith who took care of her vessel a heavily modified Yt-2500 and he prepped the ship for launch.

The hangar bay slid open and she walked inside immediately heading for the cock-pit dialing in the codes for Ziost but sitting in the co-pilot seat as if to tell him to fly.

Triad

Serenno Nobility
Marr scanned what seemed to be a hanger bay intensely. It was remarkable, there were slaves and quartermasters alike, all of them dutifully enticed by the power of the Dark Side. The men and women before him were everything he despised: weak willed, servants to a greater force. They were utterly at his disposal.

He pressed onward to the vessel. He took silent admiration of the massive sublight engine which banded around it's stern. He knew quite a lot about ships. Growing up to a noble father in the Serenno System, there was more than enough opportunities for Marr to perfect his finesse behind the control yoke.

When the woman implied that he should fly, he would have no complaints.

Course was set for Zoist, a world Marr had only heard in rumors and tales. He pushed forward the throttle control and rocketed from the hanger bay. As he piloted the ship into the upper atmosphere, he dawned on her words. He was more than willing to keep such information to himself anyway. It wasn't like he trusted her.

As he left the system, Marr took one last gaze at the navicomputer. With the course officially on a clear trajectory, he sat back, cracked his knuckles and sent the ship blasting into Hyperspace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom