Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Planets of War

Lira Dajenn

L
Nemene once again stood on the edge of a landing pad adjoining her palace, next to her stood her sister @[member="Evelynn"]. There was a smile on her face, a placid one that seemed to glow with delight. The heat of the desert struck her, though it didn't seem to touch her in the least. No sweat touched her skin, and indeed a healthy tan seemed to have formed on her skin instead, though most of it was covered by a fine blue silk dress that clung to her in the tightest way.

This time their purpose was the same as before, to establish trade relations with a world outside of the Fringe. The difference was that this time the prize was much grander.

Hypori, a world known for their production of droids, tanks, and other war machines. Rattatak, known for their production of soldiers and mercenaries. The two worlds were a match made in heaven. Together they could arm entire factions. A trade relationship between the two planets could mean much profit for both worlds.

Nemene was eager to make this happen, it would make Rattatak stand out within the Fringe, something she was very eager for.
@[member="Gerion Ardik"]

@[member="Nemene Talith"]

There was no shred of doubt in Gerion's mind that he could get fired, tried for treason, and possibly executed for daring to deal with infamous slaver-queens. The Confederacy of Independent Systems had made it abundantly clear their feelings towards the slave trade- no matter how far removed from actual Confederate borders. There was great risk in coming here, but also great reward. Part of that reward was more income for the Hyporian government. The other part was giving two aspiring Sithlings the tools they needed to do good things.

Maybe not good things. Certainly not in terms of what was best for their subjects or the Galaxy at large. Good things in terms of what was good for them. Successful Sith were by far Gerion's favorite to associate with.

His shuttle noisily descended on the landing pad, landing gears extending as it touched down as softly as it could. A few moments passed before the boarding ramp slid open, enabling the frightfully pale, unnaturally aged Umbaran to exit the ship. As usual, he was flanked on either side by two IG-100 MagnaGuards. The cloaked automatons had served both Grievous and Darth Tyranus as faithful bodyguards during the Clone Wars. If they were good enough for them, they were more than adequate for Gerion.

He wasted no time approaching the two where they stood, keeping his presence in the Force carefully obfuscated. The few people who know him as a Sith Lord and former Emperor, the better. Upstarts, as sympathetic towards their cause he might be, could not be trusted. Once he had crossed the pad and stood before them, he bowed his head respectfully.

"Your majesties." He said, privately annoyed to be using such a formality. "I'm pleased you saw fit to discuss business with Hypori. I'm sure we can come to an amicable arrangement here."

Lira Dajenn

L
(Evelynn is currently overloaded with threads so she told me to move us along)
“We are both eager to begin the discussion.” Nemene said in answer to the man almost immediately. Both of the Sister Queens smiled, and then gave short, almost non-existent curtsies to the Lord of Hypori, about what one would expect from two Queens, Nemene's especially was rather shallow, but for the both of them it was the best one would get. “I am Nemene, and this is my Sister Evelynn. We welcome you to Rattatak.”

She motioned to the world around them and the palace behind them. Of course most of the surrounding area was nothing but flat and expansive desert, but the palace, oh the palace was something completely different. It stuck out of the white sand like a grand citadel, uncommon and ill fitting but beautiful as the morning sun.

Nemene motioned to it, and almost immediately the retinue began to move, with only the two Queens and the man remaining behind. “We believe Hypori and Rattatak will have a very profitable relationship.”
@[member="Gerion Ardik"]

@[member="Nemene Talith"]

Such shallow curtsies. Gerion's feelings would have been hurt if he had any. Then again, he was hardly a prolific bower at this stage in his life. Eight years ago he would have thrown himself at their feet and lauded them with whatever ridiculous flattery he could string together. What a pathetic man he had been, Sith Knight though he was. Now he was a Lord and the Vicelord of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Things were expected of him, such as a distinct lack of groveling to foreign dignitaries, even if he was sure it would net him increased revenue.

"
Gerion Ardik. A pleasure." He introduced himself regardless.

The sisters' retinue departed, leaving them alone on the landing pad. The talker of the two, Nemene, seemed optimistic on a profitable relationship. As far as Gerion was concerned, that was entirely dependent on the true depth to which they engaged in slavery. That lecture could wait.

"
Hypori has no shortage of war material. It would be a simple matter to shift some of that export here. I am curious, though, as to what Rattatak can offer a planet such as Hypori in exchange. Aside from payment, of course."

Lira Dajenn

L
Nemene looked at the aged man for a few seconds, and found herself with a surprising amount of respect, just from the way he spoke. The placid smile returned to her face and she poke, warm and soothing as always.

“Though we are not known for our natural resources, as of late my Sister and I have begun to expand the more...industrial sector of our world. Survey teams have been working around the clock, and only recently have they discovered mass deposits of Alum, and Diatium.” She smiled slightly, the latter had only been found several days ago and quite honestly was a far better find than the Alum. Diatium across the galaxy was not all that rare, but because of the mass need for it over the last few centuries most of it had already been mined out and used, with modern Diatium being mostly recycled. “Both materials I would think would be quite the benefit for your world.”

The Queen of Rattatak smiled again. Alum was usually used to make armor, for starships and personal armor. Rattatak had absolutely no use for the material however, they were not manufactures of starships, nor personal armor. Nor did they create weapons that required Diatium. This made both the materials perfect for trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom