Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd GBA Tourney Code of Conduct

All who wish to participate in the 2nd GBA Tournament will be expected to read and follow these rules. Failure to do so will incur punitive measures, up to and including disqualification from the tournament and a ban from all future GBA events. These rules may change in between rounds in response to incidents, at which point I will notify you of the change.

1. Don't be an nerf herder. The tournament is a competitive environment where the primary goal is to win. That said, this is all in good fun. This is an excellent chance to sharpen your skills as a duelist, make some new friends, and strut your stuff for the Chaos community to see. I will not tolerate any behaviors that jeopardize that. If you have an issue with something your opponent does, PM them and try to have a civil discourse. If you can't come to a resolution, PM me and I'll try to mediate. Bullying of any sort will get you banned so hard, your computer will queen slap you if you even think about participating in future GBA duels or tournaments. This includes Skype interactions. If someone hands me a transcript of you being a raging dick, that'll earn a ban too.
  2. Remember your dueling etiquette. For those who haven't dueled before, there will be a more in depth guide later, and of course you're always welcome to ask questions. In fact, I encourage questions. If a duel is too close to call, the decision can come down to who fights the cleaner duel on a technical level. It's rare, but it happens.
  3. Try to keep things moving. A duel in the GBA is different from an invasion, where there are a million things happening all at once. It's just you and your opponent, and you can afford to take your time with posts, to a certain extent. We'll have a loose 72 hour rule in place for at least the first few rounds. In other words, you'll be expected to either reply to your opponent's post within 72 hours, or let them or myself know that you won't be able to make it. I get that life happens, so I'm not gonna ding someone for having their hands full, so long as they take a few seconds to let someone know what's up. If three days passes without a post, I'll contact both writers and try to find out what's going on, and if I can't get a satisfactory answer, the person who posted last will advance.
  4. All judgments are final. Once a duel is judged, that's it. It's done. If you think you've been hard done by at the end of the fight, don't just assume that I'll notice and hope for the best. If you have a problem, try to solve it in a timely manner, because once the judgment is up, that's it.
  5. Rounds will be 2 weeks long. From the time the threads are unlocked, you'll have two weeks to wreak havoc. If you're enjoying yourself, you can request that the duel be unlocked, and you and your opponent are free to duke it out after I've posted the judgment. Anything after that point is purely for fun, but I will give it a judgment if you guys want.
  6. There are no restrictions on weapons, armor, or Force usage, within reason. Do what makes sense for your character. If you typically run around with a heavy machine gun, you do you. I'm not going to start off by saying what you can and can't bring. So long as it's either canon or Factory approved, you're good. THAT SAID, if there is an issue, it will be handled. Have fun, but remember Rule 1. Same applies to Force usage. Do what makes sense, but don't be an nerf herder.
All duelists are required to post below acknowledging that they've read and will abide by these rules. Thanks much.

If you need an alternate, Im your huckleberry, Eralam.

*Yawns and stretches*

Its been a while since I had a go at a tournament....LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom