Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

500 Post Milestone For Ko

I feel like there's been a fair few of these feedback threads lately.

And now it just so happens that Ko has reached their 500th post milestone. So I'm looking for feedback on my padawan here. He's been my first an only genuine attempt at writing a Jedi PC, and I would say that for me it has been quite rewarding. Considering that I made Ko on a whim and had no intention of him becoming my current main subaccount that I write with. But right now I would love to hear what any of you might wish to share regarding this tea loving, (VERY) fashionable farm boy.

I like your approach. Ko isn't written to be the coolest Jedi or even particularly likeable. He's kind of an average guy who dresses funny, but is generally nice and actually quite mature and wise compared to his fellow Padawans. You write him in a way that feels natural rather than forced - he definitely is "well-rounded". I never feel like he's competing with other characters for attention. He just exists and does his own thing, and because of that he is easy to relate to.

That said, for the same reasons I find him relatable, don't always make him the most compelling or interesting character. I haven't read all of your threads, but I would appreciate reading a character study of Ko. A story that focuses all or mostly on him and a part of his life that is personal.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

I've enjoyed both writing with Ko and reading Ko content in general. Like Eloise said, Ko feels very natural and well-rounded in a way that isn't boring. I really liked our garden thread where he and Cora just chilled and learned a little more about each other – it flowed very naturally and was a testament that threads don't necessarily need to be dramatic to be fun (coming from a drama queen). I would say that I'd like to see Ko face more struggles, but you're already doing that in your thread with Gnost.

As you know, I find that time he accidentally hotboxed the Padawan dorms hilarious.

Also, props for writing an alien PC long-term! Bothans are a great choice.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Ko is easily one of my favorite characters on the site. You've done a really good job of making him fit into the setting and making him feel real. I like how he holds on to his beliefs and how you've given him weaknesses that make sense. He's got a big heart, and I just love seeing him interact with other characters. Interacting with him is always a highlight for me because he brings unique perspectives to things and approaches problems in a thoughtful way. He truly does feels like a well thought out and-rounded character. I'm really drawn to his backstory and how you subtly incorporate its significance into his character in a way that feels natural and makes complete sense. Watching his aspirations and the growth he undergoes is fascinating for me and I am invested in his goals and well-being.

I really appreciate the wisdom he shares and the effort he puts into being a good role model for other padawans. His insecurities and interests add depth, making him feel like a unique and well-thought-out character. The wholesome vibes he brings to threads are always a highlight for me, and I'm always excited to play with Ko. His presence adds so much to the story, and I look forward to every scene he's in. The rivalry aspects are fun and not overdone and have a good grounding. I appreciate he isn't without his faults and I think you play into them in a way that enhances him as a character.

He has been a fun one to torment

and that is before he learns that there is an entire academy of drengir experiments like what was at Hetzel.

though he never used the eyes Seras made for him after her researrch into Kel Dor to make sure they were perfectly designed.

That all being said one fo the better newer generation jedi I have threads with.

Thank you all for the feedback! It is truly appreciated! <3

Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan - I can't say if Ko would deserve a 10/10 but I can always appreciate a Chef's Kiss xD

Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn - I'm glad that the energy and tone I set out for with Ko had been achieved and recognized. I did try to write Ko as a more average padawan/jedi. I often used other padawan characters in Star Wars Media as a general bench mark for his capabilities. As for more personal stories involving him I really enjoyed the gardening thread that Cora and my more recent blog article detailing some of what he's been up to on Dorin recently.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania - To go along with what I just said, the gardening thread has been on of my personal favorites, not just for Ko but since I've been writing on the site in general. Something I hadn't intended for or set out do but as you said it flowed rather naturally. And I felt like it highlighted a fair bit of Cora's growth and development as well going from a posh princess that couldn't recognize what species Ko was to showing interest in his home world and an eagerness to see it for her self. Also it has been nice to main an alien again. Ko's not a bothan! He doesn't even have hair : (

Braze Braze - It's good to know that you like the less obtrusive way I've incorporated Ko's backstory into his writing. One thing I had strived for with Ko was to not really give him a traumatic backstory. Although I'm sure it can be seen as rather troubling at times it's not something that other things have since he's been written as a PC. I always wanna keep his weaknesses in mind when writing him, such of the more obvious ones like his physiology and the more subtle such as his insecurities. Sometimes I feel like Ko can act a little too wise and mature for his age. Which I often try to be mindful of in his writing. Then again he has been taught and conditioned to be that way since he was smol.

Seras Goto Seras Goto - You already know that I got plans for Hetzel Prime >: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom