Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oblivion A Magnet for Lost Souls

The afterlife was an interresting place to be sure.

Darlyn had no shortage of locals to meet and new areas to explore, that was the nature of the infinite after all. Or at least he understood it to be infinite, as surely anything that could be as grand as this wouldn't have a limit, or a boundary, right? Though come to think of it, how was it that there was land if it was infinite and meant for souls? Did souls need dirt?

He didn't really have an answer, and this wasn't a field trip. Hell he wasn't here by choice, he'd been sucked in at random and now was spending far, far too long just wandering. Place to place, day by day, hoping he could avoid some of the darker spirits here. They were drawn to him, it seemed. The pain he must radiate in the Force here made some believe they could take his body, though how they planned to use it was beyond him.

Return to the living, he assumed, but why bother? Clearly they managed to get offed once, would certainly happen again. At least so far he was strong enough to fight the attempts off, but he only needed one failure... as such he was almost always on the alert. Who knew what souls here were trustworthy, in the realm of the dead? He was drawing all kinds after all..

Yuroic Xeraic Yuroic Xeraic

Yuroic had been roaming around, he had seen one of his daughters around this place and she seemed to be doing well and he had hoped to at some point to feel the confidence in approaching her and telling her that he was always overlooking and wishing her well. She was much older than he remember last seeing her, not just physically but to Yuroic there was clear to be emotional maturity and the potential in her was massive. His attention had been focused on checking in on his wife, making sure that she was okay and that his death hadn't hurt her too much. It was tough because it was out of his control, he couldn't really prevent the death other than not go to the fight and Yuroic was never one to back away from a fight. He hadn't even heard how is other two daughters were doing, Dreidi being well and exceeding his expectations as a Jedi meant that Asaraa was doing good as a teacher but he wondered if he would see her in person at some point and Nitya was hopefully doing well too.

His mind focused on his family that he didn't even notice that there was someone new and living nearby. He was lost in his thoughts that he once again forgot to check his surroundings and ensure that he was not wandering somewhere dangerous, it was an easy thing to do here and while a ghostly form of Yuroic was more recent for him, he had sensed and been aware that many lingered here connected to the Dark Side. Sensing the person and their emotions, Yuroic was intrigued, deeply intrigued since it seemed that they came alone. So far, people had been entering the Nether in groups, so a sole person out here was dangerous for them but also curious sight to behold.

It was also obvious they were concerned for their safety and that was all Yuroic needed to go help them out. His apparition made its way to the person, his hands were raised to show that he meant no harm. Not that he could exactly wield a weapon but he figured the gesture could help. "Hello there! I am here to offer my help, seems you are lost and alone!" Yuroic called out.

Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron

To say that the rapid appearance of Yurioc's spirit was starling would be a gross understatement. Being on high alert evidently meant very little, his senses hadn't picked up on the spirit's approach in the slightest. Perhaps that was just this realm's unstable nature being highly inconvenient yet again, causing him to miss the obvious. So much so, that his reaction was to draw his modified DL-18 and level it at the peaceful spirit... despite knowing full well how useful that was.

He didn't move it away despite this, however, hoping the spirit's old instincts were still healthy enough to 'fear' the blaster. Though, having such a well defined form meant he likely was a sensitive in life, like he himself was, and probably had no rrason to be afraid regardless. Darlyn tried to use his senses to determine the spirit's alignment, as he listened to the short offer of help. He managed to pick up a sense of the...

Light?

"So Jedi get put here too? Now that's funny." Darlyn's voice wqs somewhat modulated, as the ghost was now no doubt able to see he was a fully armored man. Beskar armor that looked cared for, but weathered as though he hadn't lived outside it in at least a decade. A red cape, somewhat frayed and torn at the end, and his unmistakable T-visor covered with a thin dust layer. All the parts of a Mandalorian, with the curious addition of his now evident force abilities probing at the spirit's intent.

"Forgive me if I'm skeptical, most of the spirits here want to wear me like a meat suit so they can return to life. I don't suppose you recall who you were in life? Might go a few clicks in making me not tempted to see if Force powers affect spirits and just making a break for it." It was nothing personal. Paranoia had just been keeping him alive this long after all.

Smirking as he saw the blaster pointed at him, while it was nothing to be scared of and he knew that, he did not attempt to get close to the guy as to respect the man's wishes. Yuroic's aura was one of a Jedi but there was also the Dark Side within him, Yuroic had been a grey Force User even when he was a Jedi Master and tended to view the Force very different to most Jedi. However, he looked around and shrugged when the armoured guy mentioned that Jedi come here too, "all life finds its way here. This is the Nether, this is where all the dead arrive. Some are just able to leave as a ghost back to the galaxy. At least that was how I remembered it being said."

While Yuroic in life wore armour and regarded Jedi robes as clothing not the most comfortable, as this spirit, he was draped in dark robes with the hood over his head. "Where the Force flows, the dead both Light and Dark will follow since as in live we are connected to the Force." Yuroic tilted his head as the Mandalorian probed him with the Force, it was clear that this was a Force User and there was nothing that Yuroic was attempting to hide so the probing was not an issue but curious that he was feeling a strong need to.

When mentioning other spirits were attempting to take over his body, Yuroic nodded his head, "well, the Sith and other Dark Side users tend to want a body to take so that they can continue the work that they were doing in death as they had in life." He was curious as to what brought this man here but he maintained the distance as to respect his wishes. "In life I was Grand Master of the Silver Jedi Order, I was married to Jairdain Ismet, father to 3 daughters and had looked after my step-son. My name was Yuroic Xeriac and I can help you find your way back to the galaxy since you are very clearly lost."

"Married to Jair? Wonder why she never invited me, I'll just assume it was lost in the mail." He spun the blaster back as he holstered it. He couldn't sense dishonesty from the spirit of Yurioc, which was as good enough a sign as he could trust anyways. Not to mention if he was lying about anything he picked a very poor topic.

"Commenori President Darlyn. You might recognize the title if not me, but I've helped the Silvers on a number of ocassions. I appriciate the offer to help but I just want to find a way to send a message out. I don't really want to leave." Darlyn was lying, of course. Even he could feel the echo that his emotions were giving off. Being only the Force, Yurioc's spirit would be able to certainly tell, he felt.

At least he wasn't picking up on that other thing yet.

After a moment though, he turned his head back to him, having drifted his gaze away in thought. "Wait, are people showing up more regularly? I've been encountering the new people of Oblivion and a couple of outsiders like me, but you speak like theres an easy way in and out. What exactly do you know?"

The man he had never met assumed he would have been invited to his wedding, which Jairdain had arranged to be very small, in fact only two others had been there when they had gotten married. This was done because neither of them wanted the hassle of a big event and were quite content with a much smaller affair and getting on with their lives together. However, his words seemed to have gone down well with the Mandalorian who had a much calmer aura around him. Still cautious and guarded but he didn't really expect much else from the being since he was clearly looking to survive his time here and to do that one must be on edge for threats.

"I. Hm. The name rings a bell but the title does not. I remember there being monarchy on Commenor before it fell due to the Sith but I do not remember who took over afterwards. My later years are fuzzy at best. It takes a lot of time to form them coherently." His illness had been severe before he passed and his memories of his late forties and early fifties were not all there so the Jedi Master had been spending time attempting to recollect them so that he did not lose them to time altogether. Tilting his head, Yuroic was curious about why this man would be lying to him, it was not his place to pry and demand an answer since they barely knew each other, "Clearly, we both know you just lied about your reasons here but fear not, they are your own reasons and I will not pry to know more."

Yuroic gestured the path that they should take to keep moving, "Come, follow me this way, it is not safe to remain in one place too long. To answer your question, yes. There have been others arriving more frequently here in the Netherworld, however they have arrived through the recent hypergates that were constructed. The reasons for their construct I only have theories based on rumours from the other beings that lived here." Yuroic wasn't trusting of a lot of things around in the Netherworld and was treading carefully. He had heard about Omni and its plans but he could not really do much in his condition, at least for now.

"You mean Kay, yes well.. she eventually disolved the monarchy some time after we retook the planet. I was the Minister of Justice at the time, and when we restored the democracy they voted me in. Quite a promotion but a lot of work." He fell in line behind the spirit, walking at a relaxed pace. Despite that, he did keep his eye out for anything less well behaved than Yurioc.

He chose to ignore being called out for lying, and just listened to the explaination. Curious, he had his own information on all of this of course yet it was new to know there were more people from the outside coming in. Omni was busy it seemed, probably now had a lot on his mind. When Yurioc said he only had theories, Darlyn couldn't help but speak up again.

"Control, order, and conversion. Someone playing for godhood. Odd that he'd open up to the galaxy, though. That would really just invite challenge."

Yuroic nodded, Kay seemed to be the right name. Kay and Veiere were the rulers of Commenor, though Kay was clearly the one more in charge than Veiere. However, he was interested in learning how Commenor changed, he did remember at one point living there when it had briefly been the capital of SJC, however, he didn't really remember much of his time spent there. Just around a lot of healers and people attempting to help him maintain his health for as long as possible. It didn't really help since he often found his way back to Kashyyyk, lost, confused and in need of assistance in getting back home. "Congratulations on the promotion, clearly you must be popular amongst your people.

Listening, Yuroic was curious to learn that Darlyn had some experience with this entity or at least had heard of the being's existence before meeting him. However, the threat this being caused was very credible in his mind, He just didn't know how to take that threat down for the betterment of the galaxy. "Whoever the creature is, it has been here a long time but only recently has it begun stirring more seriously than previously. From what I can tell, it has been here for decades at least and was driven here by outside forces. But how to defeat it, that I don't know." Yuroic admitted as he guided the path forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom