Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Alyva Terrix' Yammosk

Status
Not open for further replies.
adam-dotlacil-progress.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To add a particular twist to the characters story and interaction with other players.
  • Image Credit: Artstation
  • Role: This Yammosk is both a pet and organizational companion to Alyva due to it's empathic abilities.
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Yammosk | Yuuzhan Vong
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Force Dead
  • Species: Yammosk
  • Appearance: Characteristic to it's species it consists of a large bulbous, fleshy head with a single spike-esque tooth and numerous tentacles. The main body could be associated with looking like that of a brain despite it's obvious eyes and skin like exterior.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name: It has no spoken name.
  • Loyalties: Alyva Terrix Alyva Terrix ; This Yammosk has made a connection with Alyva and is loyal only to her.
  • Wealth: None.
  • Notable Possessions: None.
  • Skills: The Yammosk possesses a unique form of telepathic/empathic communication that it can use to communicate with other Yuuzhan Vong and uniquely to Alyva.
  • Personality: While it is difficult to distinguish the personality of a Yammosk due to it's inability to communicate through body language or vocal speech, this Yammosk has a very mild temperament that makes it agreeable to Alyva and the other Yuuzhan Vong in her company. However, if angered or sensing the danger of it's master and, in mild instance, friend it will react aggressively by using it's abilities to take action against possible enemies.
  • Training: No traditional training to note.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Weapon of Choice: The Yammosk weapons of choice would be either it's single primary tooth for a last resort or relying upon other Yuuzhan Vong or Alyva to defend it from enemies. It possesses no other relevant weapons.
  • Combat Function: The Yammosk is capable of using high level empathic abilities, that border on telepathic, to communicate and coordinate with other species. This is most commonly seen in it's communication with other Yuuzhan Vong as well as, in this particular instance, Alyva Terrix herself. This allows it to help her and others in the vicinity of it to communicate more readily should the Force or other means be inaccessible.
Strengths:
  • Communication: While it cannot speak the Yammosk possesses the ability to communicate in a primarily telepathic manner that does not depend upon the Force.
  • Organic: Like most other creations by the Yuuzhan Vong the Yammosk is organic and thus resistant to all technological elements that might pose a threat to non-organic materials. For instance electromagnetics would not effect it like a blaster, sword or lightsaber would. However unique frequencies of gravitational disruption can cause it's empathic/telepathic link to be disrupted.
  • Force Dead: Due to the particular group of Yuuzhan Vong that Alyva found it with, living on a remote outer rim world, this Yammosk was not blessed with a re-connection to the Force and is thus Force Dead.
Weaknesses:
  • Fragile of Flesh: While it is often kept well protected and out of immediate danger, the Yammosk does not possess much in the way of defense outside of it's single spike-esque tooth and telepathic abilities.
  • Force Dead: Due to its creation being brought about by a sect of the Yuuzhan Vong not blessed by a re-connection to the Force, this Yammosk is Force Dead and thus incapable of harnessing the Force.
  • Semi-Sentient: Like most any other Yammosk it cannot communicate outside of it's telepathic abilities. Should those abilities be disrupted it could pose a threat to both it and the others around it that it is communicating with.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
For months following her departure from Confederate space Alyva Terrix searched for more of the creatures she had encountered on Rodia. More of these unique and terrifying beings known as the Yuuzhan Vong. Time and time again she failed to find them in their constant isolation from the rest of the galaxy; their desire to no longer be viewed as the villains a constant note of speech in her travels.

It wasn't until she reached the very fringes of the Outer Rim that she finally found what she had been looking for. Deep in the jungles of a remote world, within the barely living interior of a downed Yuuzhan Vong Matalok, she found a Yammosk and a large number of stranded Yuuzhan Vong. She was at first rejected and deterred by the Yuuzhan Vong, due to her ability to utilize the Force and their aversion to any beings not like them.

In time, however, she came to make constant trips into the Matalok, and away from the warriors that roamed the jungles, and spent days trying to find the unique frequency with which the Yammosk communicated with the others of it's collective. Time that she would find to prove rather fruitful when she finally heard the brushing warmth of the Yammosks emotion and the small, but loud, words that it filtered into her mind.

With the Yammosk at her side, the Yuuzhan Vong following suit, she turned her eyes towards other parts of the galaxy.

Last edited:
Alyva Terrix Alyva Terrix Cute critter you've got there :) A few comments on this submission before we can approve it:

• In Social Information, you are missing the Wealth and Skills part. While adding to the template is always fine and you certainly are welcome, the entire template needs to be present in the submission:

unknown.png

• In Combat Information, the same:

unknown.png

• In Strengths, you've written, "Organic: Like most other creations by the Yuuzhan Vong the Yammosk is organic and thus resistant to all technological elements that might pose a threat to non-organic materials." I'm not entire sure what you mean by this. A sledgehammer would theoretically still be a danger to it, wouldn’t it? What about an EMP attack? Could you please clarify?

Please tag me back after you've done the edits and with your answers.

I do apologize! After finishing it and looking back on it I don't know what happened to those particular elements of the template. I don't remember removing them so I feel like I may have picked the wrong template and left them out by accident.

I do believe I've made the adjustments requested, however!

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom