Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply And The Crowd Goes Wild!

3cfba6ec-751c-40ee-ac52-fccc669cb7bc_00fbd248_image.jpg

R6Vpl0i.png
Already the golden fighter was in an advantageous position. Keeping a firm stance with his pole arm in hand. Staring down the eight legged beast. Well 7 legged now after Diodoros cleaved through one of its spindly appendages with his vibroweapon. In the arena spectators cheered or booed depending on who they gambled their money on, either the shiny fighter or the oversized arachnid.

Lately within this region of Trandosha there was a Wyyyschokk infestation. A smuggler ship coming back from the nearby Wookie homeworld which had some of the large spider eggs crashed on the Trandosha. Giving it a rather nasty invasive species problem. Fortunately for the locals, some were elated to have new dangerous prey to hunt in their eternal quest to appease their goddess The Scorekeeper. Others have wrangled the arachnid beasts to be used as combatants in likely illegal fighting pits. Diodoros was currently dealing with one such creature.

However, the Wyyyschokk had a surprise for the golden gladiator. From its body the spider launched a web-like enzyme at him. The adhesive quickly sticking the left side of his body. Leaving him practically glued to the ground as well. Capitalizing on this the large spider began to rush Diodoros who was caught off guard by the sticky surprise. As the Wyyyschokk attacked all he could do was narrowly dodge it’s highly venomous mandibles. But he was still struck by one of its pointy and powerful legs. The appendage punctured into his thigh.

Diodoros let out a pained groan as he maneuvered his polearm with his one free hand which wasn't bound by webbing. Quickly driving the weapon clean into the head of the Wyyyschokk in a grisly counter attack, instantly slaying the beast as it fell to its side and began to curl up into a sort of ball after Diodoros pulled the blade of his glaive from it. It hurt to put much pressure on his wounded leg, but the wound was already beginning to quickly heal itself. The golden gladiator stood straight in his victory, raising his weapon in the air. To many cheers from the spectators around.

“DIO! DIO! DIO!”

Some chanted in the crowd, Diodoros wasn’t done yet, after a few minutes his leg would be as good as new and would be ready to take on another opponent, be they beast or something a bit more sentient…

Last edited:
Ekekke grunted watching the golden warrior dispatch his foes with precise brutality. He was visiting family, though 'family' was a stretch. He'd long since renounced his family ties to the Hutt clans but...You didn't simply leave the Clans. His 'cousin' burped, acrid smelling bubbles floating from between their lips.

"Goo dokoi tee che wa chaptee- yae. Jee kehau whao goo dheua kankay bo-"

"I think we can leave that to the imagination, cousin." The purple hutt folded their arms and frowned.

~Why must you always be the one to ruin fun?~

~Fun would be me in the ring with him.~ Ekekke shifted on his beskar legs. ~Put me in the ring. That would be fun.~ An older Hutt bellowed a laugh that caused the viewing box to rumble.

~I would very much like to see what the last five hundred years has done for you. Let us see if the Mandalorians have brought the old warrior Hutt blood to the surface!~

A heavy clunk and clatter echoed in the hallway leading to the arena. He did not wear his armor, which would make this no contest, and he had replaced his crushgaunt left arm with a more standard prosthetic. But he kept his beskar legs. At this point they were part of him, more like his natural-born legs than prosthetic appendages.

"Golden Warrior!" He stepped from the shadows. Four meters of muscle clanked into the arena.

Diodoros Diodoros

Tag: W Wutroow

R6Vpl0i.png

Eventually Diodoros had freed himself from the arachnid’s webbing. A large loadlifter droid came into the arena as well to remove the previous beast. Diodoros was excited for what else might come his way, and fortunately he didn’t need to wait long at all.

Hearing a loud deep voice call out to him from the shadows of an arena entrance. Diodoros straightened his posture and looked back to face the new approaching opponent. The end of the shaft for his pole arm rested on the sandy ground beneath them as he held onto it. To the golden man’s delight the one entering the arena was a Hutt. In his decorated career as a professional fighter he had not had the pleasure of fighting one before.

Diodoros’s face made a wide grin before he spoke to the slug like behemoth. “Normaddee hutts bu sponsors an patrons of mah nights, sha doo jee had bu ooleasure nace noo bo combat! jee 'sh bosco norward beet!” (Normally Hutts are the sponsors and patrons of my fights, never have I had the pleasure to face one in combat! I'm already looking forward to this!) Diodoros spoke in fluent Huttese, having become very familiar with the language from his years within their territory. Even having his own respectable estate on the Hutt homeworld.

The Golden man was familiar enough with the species to know that they’re not to be underestimated. Especially not one willing to put themselves into harm's way like this. Even the ones so obese they can’t move without an oversized repulsorlift carrying their bodies made up for it in other ways. Typically indicative of extreme wealth and power, just not from their own physical might.

The arena announcer began talking over loud speakers that surrounded the place. They were low quality, and filled with static. Speaking in their native trandoshan language didn’t help either in understanding what they were saying. Likely just announcing to the spectators who was joining the previous victor.

Diodoros kicked the end of his polearm off the ground and gave it a twirling flourish, activating the weapon's vibro-generator as he did. Following by a audible buzzing from the polearm. His leg had already healed itself from the fight with the giant spider. He readied himself for the one on one battle before the sound of a loud
DING! Echoed through the arena, letting the gladiators know that it was show time!

Last edited:
The hutt reached out to the weapon master who watched terrified as one of his patron's family members took the stage. He didn't even look at the weapons and grabbed the first one he grasped, throwing the electroripper staff to the hutt. The staff looked small in the hutt's massive hands, more like a sword with a slightly elongated hilt than a staff. He grunted contentedly and activated it, the currents of energy sparking across the energy ribbon like a violet chainsaw. The announcer was long winded talking about the Firrerroan's accolades and victories.

~Impressive~ he said in Huttese. ~It seems my travels have brought me to a man worthy of respect.~ He didn't wait for the man to respond though. He rushed him, zigzagging like a serpent on his six legs and repulsor engine. The base hummed, warming as it sprang into use suddenly. Energy crackled on the staff, the energy hissing through the air as he swung the blade at his opponent.

R6Vpl0i.png
Hearing that from a Hutt was definitely noteworthy. But he didn’t have any time to actually appreciate Hutt's words before they started rushing him. It was a strange unfamiliar sight even to Diodoros to see something that big move that quickly. Those witnessing it would likely shudder to imagine how fearsome the Hutts were in their prime, during the conquests for their ancient empire.

It all just added to Diodoros excitement, but the next thing he knew the Hutt was on him swinging their electrical weapon. He braced himself with his weapon. Blocking their strike with the sturdy shaft of his weapon. The strength and momentum of the Hutt caused Diodoros to be knocked back, staying on his feet as he slid across the sandy ground, creating some distance.

The Golden man looked down for a moment at his weapon, where it made contact with the Hutt’s. Seeing a noticeable dent in the shaft where he blocked. Noting that he couldn’t tank too many hits like that unless he wanted his polearm to shatter. Glancing back up at Hutt he maneuvered the weapon to keep the bladed end towards his opponent. Needing to play into the advantage of having a long weapon against such a massive target. He had to keep his distance, even without a weapon he imagined the Hutt could shatter his ribcage with a single solid punch. If they decided to charge again he’d be properly ready to counter the assault. Like a spearman standing his ground against a thunderous cavalry change.

Last edited:
The Hutt's eyes widened, a wide grin splitting his massive head.

"Ho ho! Good, good!" He hunched over, looming over the arena. "Keeping your distance. Smart." He took a few tentative steps forward, prowling like a nexu ready to strike. He waved his hand, taunting the warrior.

Diodoros Diodoros

R6Vpl0i.png
Diodoros acknowledged the Hutt’s taunting, but had enough sense to not recklessly charge in against them. His blue eyes scanned the large slug-like opponent, gaze shifting down to their many metal legs. Making them look less like a slug and more like an overgrown caterpillar.

There were many little targets, and possible vulnerabilities. Diodoros imagined that they would be harder to defend with how many of them there were. With his weapon still extended out towards the Hutt rushed forwards committing to a brief faint with his weapon before his polearm zipped back down to try and sever one of the Hutt’s mechanical legs.

Diodoros was confident he’d be able to cleave through one or two of their legs without issue. So when that didn’t happen he was surprised and quickly grew nervous as his vibroweapon buzzed against the beskar appendage. Leaving himself terribly vulnerable.

Whoops

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom