Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Blaze of Glory [ Centrality ]

60ccb5265704543c43de6bed66e6d867.jpg

Scillal System | Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah
Scillal was an industrial world in the Centrality sector, prized for its shipyards and manufacturing in the area. That was, until the Bryn'adul had attacked and razed the area. Being a key and vital force in the area, much of the rebuilding done by refugees had been focused on this planet. Small shipwrights and manufacturing hubs knew they needed to bring in credits if anything was to change. Naturally commerce and capitalism and fueled growth on the planet.

Yet, it was far from perfect. Only small sectors had been rebuilt. Much was still in tatters and pieces, needing to be cleaned and bulldozed over to start fresh.

Not everyone wanted progress to occur. Cultists and terrorists still littered the Centrality region. Attacks had occurred on the shipyards before the Bryn had devastated the region, yet this was different. Crazies who didn't want to see progress. Those who thought the Bryna'dul had did a service by razing everything to the ground. Those with potential newfound power didn't want to lose it.

Which is why the bombings started to occur once again.

---

Hands on her hips, Persephone stared at the smoldering pile in front of her. Makky had been called to Scillal after a series of bombings wiped out several shipyards. Caught in the crossfire had been a new, still under construction refinery commissioned by Aina Holdings. One side had fallen, metal twisted and crunched, a gaping hole in one side of the massive building.

Persie watched as Makky paced back and forth, on the comm with various sentients about the issue. The teenage girl knew this was a hitch in the plan, there had been a push to start refining the ores and minerals locally so to save credits. Mobile refineries apparently only did so much. Considering the fact they would only be here a few more months, well, Persie could see why he was upset.

Lost progress pushed a lot of things back.

Something new was occurring though. Investigators were combing through the twisted metal. Taking holos. Swabbing for samples. Pointing and talking among one another. Persie hadn't seen it before and she had overheard in passing investigations were only happening because it was holding up commerce in the region. Like Mama said, mess with the wrong person's credits and watch an entire fire get lit to figure out why.

The fire had been lit. Although the teen was skeptical they would find out why or who.

CFAwLHl.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: Accompany Other Jedi
Tags: Persephone Dashiell Persephone Dashiell

Casi was bored. It had not taken long for the young girl to fall victim to boredom. At first she had been horrified to see the devastation but after a few hours she went numb. It was the only way she knew how to not let it all sink in. Instead of focusing on how many lives had been ruined in this sector she instead focused on her desire not to be here.

They had been in progress of visiting Naboo when her aunt was asked to assist in the investigation. It was an important job she guessed but the little girl really wanted to get to Theed General Hospital and see her parents. Not that it mattered. If there had been any change in their condition she would have heard.

She sighed and walked around one of the areas. She could see some people taking samples or dusting for prints but it really didn’t interest her. Maybe in another life she could have been a great investigator but lately she just felt cold to it all. Well of course the nerve damage from hibernation rendered her physically cold but this felt like something else.

She shivered slightly and pulled her robes tighter around her. How long would they have to stay here?

There wasn't much for Persephone to do. She had been drug along due to the fact they had been scheduled to visit a agricultural world nearby but got redirected to the terroristic bombings. She would have put up a ZikZok but who wanted to see a budding influencer in front of metal wreckage?

Perhaps if she was doing an edgy fashion holoshoot but that wasn't the case.

Barrier tape was up with "CAUTION" written in massive words in basic and aurbesh. She was walking along the one side of the tape, bored of standing still. Her movements had dissolved into more pacing and liking influencer photos on various social media platforms.

It seemed she wasn't the only one bored. There was another girl walking around. She was wearing robes and had the look of being turned inside herself. As if very lost in thought.

Persie moved closer, wearing a very basic outfit with her brand new smiley-face combat boots. She wasn't as fashionable as she normally was, but was doing her best to elevate the basics. After all, one couldn't wear High Core fashions if they originally planned to be on an agricultural planet.

"Hey yous a monk or something?"

Finely manicured and bright yellow nail polished hand indicated up and down on the other girl.

"Prayin' for the dead an' all?"

Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah

CFAwLHl.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: Answer Question

“Huh?”

Casi had been drifting in her own misery when a voice snapped her back to reality. There was another girl there asking about the robes Casi had on.

“Oh.. umm sort of. I’m with the Jedi.”

It still felt weird to say that and even weirder to say she was a Jedi. She didn’t feel like she belonged there, but her only living and conscious family member was one so that meant Casi got roped in as well.

“They are kind of like monks I guess.”

Oh...well...

Persephone didn't expect such an answer. Problem was, she wasn't quite sure what a Jedi was. Apparently something similar to a Monk, that was something she could understand. Religious person who often prayed a bit and performed acts of service in the community. Somehow the Jedi were like that, even the other girl agreed.

"So, whats a Jedi and what do you do? Seem awful young to be one....theys brainwash you into joining? Mama warned me about such things. Can't be trusting everyone in the galaxy witha pretty face." A small pause. "You need me to busta outta the Jedi? You can come with us."

Which, if Persie was in the others shoes, was just as equally frightening. However, if she was in a cult, the teenage girl wanted to at least offer an out. Finely manicured hand reached out to the other teenage girl in greeting. She had forgotten her manners, something had she was working on.

"Oh...Name's Persephone....everyone calls me Persie. I'm here with my brother."

CFAwLHl.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: Describe the Jedi

How could she describe what Jedi were to someone who had never heard of them? In the galaxy the Jedi had once been super popular, but then Order 66 happened and they were less so. In today's galaxy though people knew about the Jedi, but maybe not as much as before. It was hard to be a person out of time and have to consider so much.

"Well... the Jedi are kind of like.... service people for The Galactic Alliance. They believe in the Force and they try to do acts of good and charity throughout the galaxy. My auntie is one, and she kind of brought me along to join I guess."

It wasn't the best explanation but she had just started her studies and didn't know a ton of Jedi philosophy yet.

"I think the Jedi came here to investigate the bombings and try to help, so I guess that's why I'm here."

She took the girls hand and shook it, noticing as she did so that the others hands were warmer than her own. Casi had such a low body temperature due to hibernation sickness her skin was always ice cold.

"Do you and your brother live here?"

She paused for a second and then seemed to remember, "Oh my name is Casi."

Did it make sense to Persephone? Not at all. Service to the Galactic Alliance? They must have had a longer range than just Alliance territory to be out this far.

"Oh, I see. Yous want to be a Jedi? Like...yous filled out the application an everything? Or your Auntie got yous in through the door?"

Sounded like part religion, part military boarding school to her. Then again, Persie was working on making up for her lack of education at a young age. What did she know?

Hands were shook, indicating she better state her name before speaking.

"Persephone. Yous can call me Persie though. Nice to meet you."

Living here? Living on the planet would be rough compared to where she came from. That was saying a lot.

"Not on this planet. Huila Station. My brother an' his fiancée are working out here. That's his refinery that got bombed."

Last edited:

CFAwLHl.png

DYnZ0fN.png

Did she want to be a Jedi? That was a hard question to answer. When she was younger it would have sounded like an adventure but now everything just felt off after a century asleep.

The other girl mentioned her brother and Casi felt bad and took her from self reflecting.

“I am so sorry his property was bombed. Do you know if anybody was hurt?”

"I don't know. Maybe? Makky says it wasn't fully up an' runnin' so maybe not. Hopefully not."

Persephone noted that Casi didn't answer her question about the Jedi. Perhaps it was pryin'. Her Mama used to chastise her for diggin' around in other folks business so she was doing her best to be quiet and keep the thoughts to herself. Persie wasn't being noisy, she was just curious about life and others and what went on in the 'verse.

"So you's going to help with the investigation?"

CFAwLHl.png

DYnZ0fN.png

It was good news to hear that the place wasn’t fully populated. Maybe that meant lives had been spared.

“I guess so. Or at least that’s why we are here.”

She looked around and frowned. She didn’t really know anything about investigating.

“I guess you could show me around and I’ll see if there are clues? Unless you have something else you need to do?”

"Oh sure."

Not the investigator type, Persephone wasn't sure where to start. Dark blue eyes took in the structure, the officials milling about, everyone trying to decide their next moves.

Right now it looked like the Jedi that belonged with Casaline Ryiah Casaline Ryiah was talking to her brother. Engineers and security folks had joined in and everyone seemed properly distracted.

"Let's head around the perimeter. That way we can get closer without being noticed , sneak in through the side maybe."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom