Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Broken Chains

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month

glh3Rfe.gif
Stygian Caldera, Ziost, Forests...

Days passed as the hunting party followed its target through the tundras and forests of the surface of Ziost. They were relentless in their pursuit not stopping until they finally had their prey in their sights, and when they did. They pounced. Nets descended in a storm of blaster fire set to stun as the force pounced, a group of Weequay Pirates led by Tagra the Scarred, a known Hunter. The Weequay wore a full suit of armor with a long coat over top of it, a wide brimmed hat on his head. One of his eyes were cybernetic and he had deep scars down the side of his face. Before long they had her sequestered away in a large cage situated on a repulsorlift sled. "Aha! You gave quite the chase harpy, but you weren't good enough! Nothing gets away from me!" Tagra rested a long rifle on his shoulder while he pulled out a deathstick in the other hand, he lit it and tucked it between his lips. "You fetch a pretty price huh! Look at those wings! I bet I can get double for those!"

There was a rustling in the woods then as branches snapped and trees shook, it was enough to draw the hunter's attention. The Weequay Hunters swung their guns forward and looked through sights, scrambling to find out what the noise was or where it came from. They all understood the dangers of the world they walked on, Ziost was a Sith world, an ancient seat of power home to beasts of the dark side, creatures of ages past. "What is this huh girl? Some tricky friends you brought along. Well don't just stand there someone go see what that was!" Tagra brought down the rifle and pointed with it in both hands. One of the hunters moved towards the tree line then blaster raised, the oppressive darkness pushing through the trees making it hard to see what was beyond. All of a sudden, a long, large, razorspined tail shot out from the treeline and struck the hunter dead in the face. It broke his teeth and shattered the back of the skull with a sickening crunch, emerging out from behind the hunter. It happened so fast the Weequay barely had any time to register it at all, the look of shock and horror said it all. He dropped the blaster and his entire body began to shake and tremble as it was lifted into the air and dragged into the darkness, much to the horror of everyone around. "Wha-Idiots open fire! Open fire someone kill something!" Tagra shouted before he pulled the trigger on his long gun. A storm of blaster bolts surged into the treeline, bathing it in hot plasma, but nothing seemed to move...

Until screams tore out.

Another of the pirates had been set on fire, he twisted and flailed as his skin began to slough off like water, the smell of burning flesh hanging heavy in the air. "So many victims, so little time." A disturbing, metallic, growling voice rang out from the woods, right before a chorus of snap hisses tore out. Out from the darkness a single crimson eye glowed, around it six crimson lightsaber blades. It charged out from the darkness in a dizzying blur this immense droid. The blades went every direction, a pair spun like buzzsaws, another pair twisted in the air blocking bolts of energy back at its attackers, while the final two cut anything it touched to pieces. It wasn't enough for this droid to simply kill them with careful strikes, it utilized its speed to carve its victims apart in a display of cauterized body parts amidst a chorus of screams. Tagra had been cut in half at the waist and thrown, his upper torso attempting to crawl towards the cage. The leader didn't get very far as the sounds of slaughter began to die down, right in front of the captive woman the droid crushed his skull with a spray of bone and brain matter. The immense droid looked towards the captive woman then, scanning her carefully. "You are the one designated Vaul? You will come with me." The long tail slid out from behind it and wrapped around the bars of the cage door, easily ripping it open and throwing it across the clearing. There was a profound degree of certainty in the droids voice, as if there was no question or option to refuse. The way it looked down at the woman would bring a bone chilling feeling, something was undoubtedly off about this droid. It began to turn then and stalk back towards the treeline.

The temperature was enough to wear her down over time, but it was just an added pressure that the pirates that did her in. Kadra was use to the chase, it happened dozens of times in her life; and sadly enough she was use to it. Her kind was thinning and it was for the very reason happening now, the fething hunters. Time felt as though it crawled for eternity, but it was only about ten minutes before the harpy's obsidian wings gave out and she felt as though her throat was constricting from the cold, the exhaustion. An audible heartbeat rang through her head as she felt her blood pump through her entirety, she knew it was over. Once her body collapsed to the ground she attempted to push herself up to keep running, claws digging into the soil beneath her attempting to offer greater purchase; Then the rain of stun blasts racked her with pain, the fight finally leaving her.

"You aren't going to get chit!!" The harpy's words screamed out, her claws hitting against the side of the cage sending out a loud metallic scrape. Despite being caught - in her own mind knowing it was over, her fire was still lit. "Couldn't have come at me on your own? You're a fething coward! A lowlife who has no honor!" Another scrape, this time accompanied by sparks. "As soon as I get out of here I'm going to take your ugly arse face or whatever you call it and-"

She was interrupted by the rustling of brush, her attention snapping to it immediately. Despite his taunting words she remained silent, she knew the territory they were in as well as the dangers it possessed. When the razor spined tail shot from the darkness Kadra's desperate attempt to free herself became even more so, her claws raked at the locking mechanism, reaching through the bars in adrenaline fueled fear. Once she saw the crimson eye however, and heard the haunting voice did she cease to move at all, like a Gallaze bathed in light she was still and terrified.

Watching the series of murder before her Kadra shook as the droid approached, looking at the sabers and seeing its blood soaked chassis, she began to beg. "Please.. Please don't I'll leave, I won't ever come back. I'll be like a ghost-" That's when it ripped the door off the cage and asked its question, her soul practically leaving her body seeing the spines so close.

She contemplated running for not but a fraction of a millisecond, it was undeniable her escape would be futile. So she followed, and consoled herself with the idea a better opportunity would come later.

Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month

glh3Rfe.gif

The six-armed robot stalked through the woods at a brisque pace. during the journey it never once turned around to check if the harpy was even there. Although there would be some small part that would feel like this thing knew she was still following it somehow. As if it could track her without its optics even looking at her. It was impressively fast and nimble for its size as it moved through the vegetation. It would occasionally snap the tail or activate a lightsaber to carve through unruly or dense areas. The razor barbs of its tail whipped through the air easily carving through tree branches, slicing bushes to pieces. As they traveled several miles it'd raise one of its arms up twice during the journey, without even looking it'd fire one of its many weapons through the brush. A loud, pained screech would rip through the woods as the bushes shook before everything was still again. But the droid wouldn't even slow down or turn to face it, it simply dealt out death and swiftly moved.

After what seemed like forever it finally broke the treeline into another clearing in the dense woods of Ziost. Before the pair would be an immense ziggurat of stone, its towering edifice was a monument to the ancient sith race that once called Ziost it's capital, when King Adas the Great left this world. It was brilliantly designed by the ancient Zuguruk, hammered into existence by the hands of weary slaves. Their unmatched cruelty was woven into the very bones of the earth here, the ground soaked by generations of spilt blood. An impossibly large staircase rose high in the front of the structure flanked by a pair of colossal statues. In the middle of the stair at certain elevations, monuments to the dark side were positioned on platforms. The top of the ziggurat was crowned by three pylons. Even after twenty thousand years they still dimly glowed red, fading runes visible even this far away from the glorious structure.

In the clearing surrounding the structure a pair of sleek transports sat on either side of the staircase, while a third ship sat at the large platform at the top of the rising stair off to the side. This ship was a sleek design black hulled; it drew in the shadows around it as if absorbing the light itself. Pairs of black armored giants stood like silent sentinels along the vast stairwell up ten in all. These guards clutched concussion lances in their hands and stood so still, they appeared like little more than more statues. They could've been statues forged by the ancient sith depicting some iconic, cultural warrior yet they were here in the flesh. Ten in all along the staircase, with another ten at the summit. The droid pushed through the clearing without a word of explanation to the young woman behind him and began climbing the stairwell. Whatever was here knew this monstrous creation and the silent guardians left it to its climb. The higher they would climb the colder it would feel as the dark side grew far more powerful here, it churned like a storm, its vastness like the event horizon of a black hole the higher they climbed, something was here.

It was at the top of the summit that things would become clearer. A crowd of shrouded figures, all features concealed beneath dark robes stood around a giant that was over a foot taller than even the biggest of their number that submitted to him. This giant wore a set of black and red robes of zeyd-cloth, sith runes climbed up the front. They handed a slender case to him, and he merely waved his hand through the air, with a gesture one of the attendants behind him took the case without a word. It was clear this figure radiated an aura of supreme command that dominated everyone surrounding him. All eyes locked to the droid when it crossed the threshhold of the summit then, and the hooded priestly figures began to scatter back to the ziggurat or in the distance then, while the giant turned towards it. Even from here his eyes burned with molten fury, power itself contained within a set of orbs. The droid dropped down to its knees and fully bowed, submitting itself before him.

"Your supreme excellency, target located and retrieved without incident." It spoke respectfully.

"Excellent BHK. Did you find suitable entertainment on the hunt?" The hooded giant spoke in a booming baritone.

"They were woefully disappointing. However, Weequay blood creates the most elegant displays when spattered on grass the right way." It replied.

"Perhaps I will have proper entertainment for you with your next target leave us. Defend the area until it's time to depart." The giant ordered. It was clearly vague and open for interpretation, but perhaps that was what he wanted. It was clear how intelligent this droid was from the way it tracked the hunters and picked them apart. "Yes supreme excellency." That was all the words it spoke before the droid seemed to literally vanish right before her, its hull shimmered before disappearing. She could still hear it stalk away however, moving somewhere out there watching, always watching.

"You must be the one called Vaul. I was drawn to your presence when we touched down on this world. I could see you even before I knew of who you were. You have great potential. Come closer."

[x] [x]

There wasn't much to say about Kadra's walk through the woods; well, aside from the ever looming fear, the threat of death, the consideration that she was saved by manageable poachers by a much more dangerous one. She though about life, the universe, and how it was all about to end for her; though no matter how much the Harpy dreaded what was to come, she followed her destiny with her head held high.

Her mind filled with all those who came before her, how her parents died the same fate, friends, ancestors, so many in her history that lead to this moment found themselves in the same situation. Kadra considered what she could have done differently, if she hid her appearance like most harpies if her life would have been longer, if she hid in general, away from the prying eyes of the galaxy.

Only once she saw the ship was she pulled from these thoughts, her mind silencing in an instant and the urge to fight filling her once more, claws tensed as she realized why she had felt so wrong, black eyes peered over the guards lining the ziggurat, the darkening presence filling her chest as though she couldn't breathe.

As they climbed not one breathe was taken, her heart beat in her head as she felt her final moments approaching. At the summit she studdied the robbed figures, the one in the center. Kadra heard him speak to the droid, watched his eyes lock onto hers, and heard his words.

"Come closer."

In the briefest of seconds the onyx wings of the Harpy were fully extended, her takeoff in the blink of an eye as the dirt and dust around their feet disturbed violently and scattered. This was her last chance.

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month

glh3Rfe.gif

For a member of the Avaris Harpyja flight came as easily as breathing. Some might even argue they were more at home in the skies above than on the ground below, based on how clumsy they could be. Everything in their biology was geared towards flight and in the air they were a truly deadly threat, agile and very elusive predators. Evolution over the years dictated changes to their genome and they developed a unique method of taking off quickly. So when the one called Vaul unfurled great obsidian wings and launched upwards, it came as no surprise that many around were taken off guard by her attempt to flee. All but one. As Vaul climbed a few feet in the air she would find herself strangely frozen in place, constricted as if an invisible force descended over her. It wasn't crushing down to break or cause pain, it simply held her in place right there in the air.

She was trapped.

The Dark Lord of the Kainate barely seemed to move at all from the place he was standing. A dark chained amulet that seemed to glow dimly from its position around his neck. The giant gazed up at her inquisitively, his face as cold and apathetic as the stone itself. The darkness coalesced around him in boundless waves, like the inevitability of an event horizon. It was unsurpassed by everything this malevolent world could offer up, not even the bones of the past could compete with the presence of this Mortarch of the realm beyond, this tyrant who held the souls of the fallen in his iron fist. Beneath those piercing eyes it was as if everything was stripped down and laid bare before him and every deception, every lie cast down and revealed beneath his scrutinizing gaze. To stand so close to such a master of the shrouded darkness was to court annihilation itself, his very presence was pain incarnate. It was as if he silently killed everything around him, subsuming them all to the deaths of hatred burning within the radiance of his black hearted soul.

"If I wanted you dead Vaul'Kadrathasa, I could've killed you with a mere word, a gesture to consign you to oblivion. You never would've survived the cage your would-be predators locked you in, nor would you have seen the reaper sent to claim you. I have called for you, so you have been brought before me. I hold your fate in my hands. There is no running from my will. I have delivered you freedom, now you will listen to what I have to say."

The sheer rush of adrenaline was enough to give her hope, as she ascended further and further she relished in the idea that maybe she was truly going to get away. That was, until she felt herself come to a halt. Black eyes went wide in panic as she slowly was dragged down further and further, the giants words echoing in her ears as she descended to her doom.

If the harpy could, legs would thrash, claws would strike out, but Kadra knew it was as pointless as trying to fly now; he didn't even have to touch her for her to unwillingly comply. Fear went from a silent thrum to an overwhelming flood through her mind.

Dragged down Kadra looked to him as she was restrained, wanting to plea, beg, do anything, but all she could do was listen as the words refused to form. This was inevitable, everything somehow lead to this.

"W-what... exactly is your will.. your greatness." The last words came out more sarcastic than she wanted, a failed attempt to earn favor, kiss arse if you will. Kadra's life, her entire existence, now rested in his hands.

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month

glh3Rfe.gif

Good.

That was a step in the right direction and another smart decision the woman made, since choosing to follow his hunter here. Vaul was clearly of a different breed compared to her fellow hunters. She was driven, stubborn, and headstrong. It was clear from how she proudly displayed her true nature; she wasn't one to hide like others of her species. The woman's force potential was formidable, she stuck out head and shoulders over her peers. It was unrefined potential just waiting to be molded by a guiding hand. "Most of your people fear the fire, not you. You proudly show who you are despite the many hunters around you who are determined to pull you apart." The Dark Lord dropped her to the ground without so much as lifting a finger, she was given control of her faculties once more. That didn't mean he couldn't seize control if she tried to run again however, he was always prepared. The presence from this figure overshadowed the darkness of this place, this world. It was a bone crushing, smothering, all-encompassing darkness that seemed to have no beginning and no end, it drowned this place in the black power of the dark side.

"Is this all you desire out of life? To run and fight against those who wish to pull you apart and sell the bits that remain? Perhaps there is something within you that desire's something more. There is another path available for those who have the strength of will to take it, the courage to sacrifice everything in order to become something greater. You have survived this long without hiding from those who hunt you this is admirable, in some ways you desire the fight. Kneel before me. Pledge yourself eternally to my will, and I will teach you how to make every world your prey."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom