Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Catching Up

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Outfit: Epicanthix gown
Tag: Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

The Noble home on Niv Hani - the relatively new Epicanthix settlement - was never a quiet place. With young kids playing inside or in the backyard, and a newborn wanting its parent's attention, it was always full of life. Today, it was only a little bit quieter. Valery was home alone with the triplets and her newborn. Kahlil was out on assignment, and both Vera and Aris were at the Coruscant Temple for lessons.

But someone else would be joining them.

She hadn't seen Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield for quite some time, but it wouldn't ever weaken their friendship. He was always welcome, and she really looked forward to seeing him again. Perhaps it had been a little too long.

"Mommy?" Aurra asked while she tugged on her Mother's gown - one of Epicanthix design.

"What is it, sweetie?" Valery asked the young blonde with a warm smile.

"When will he come?"

Valery nodded and looked over towards the hallway leading up to the front door, "He should be here any moment now."

To see remnants of the Epicanthix eke out a new existence on a new planet so far from home was both tragic and inspiring. As the High King of Midvinter strode through the humble dwellings of a species shaken to their core, he witnessed a community of people having to rely on each other to survive, the same way their ancestors would have millennia ago. What they were now experiencing had been common practice among his people since the first Valkyri walked upright. The lone wolf dies while the pack survives.

He was stopped briefly by a flock of young children running around playing, seemingly blissfully unaware of the dire circumstances which brought their families to this world in the first place. They all looked up at the giant and his strange attire as he knelt to save their necks from straining, asking them the way to the Noble homestead. A few of the older kids turned and pointed, earning the gaggle of little ones a large chocolate bar to share among themselves. He thanked them before suddenly lunging at them, arms extended as if trying to grab one, causing them to run away giggling. Thurion laughed, delighted he could bring some joy to those most impacted. The future of the Epicanthix rested on their shoulders.

Up ahead he beheld the humble abode of the Nobles. A far cry from the grand halls of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant where he had last seen Valery or her husband. Already he spotted the telltale signs of a home filled with children judging by the

Heavy footsteps would betray his arrival long before the first knock on the door.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Even before he reached the front door, it already opened. Valery had sensed his presence approaching and was too eager to wait until he knocked on the door. The triplets were much the same. Aeryn, the oldest of the three and a carbon copy of her mother with her dark-brown hair and orange eyes, stood right in front of Valery's left leg. She looked at Thurion and it was obvious she wanted to be the first to say hi.

Adam, the middle child of the three was more like his father in appearance. Silver hair and eyes, but with his Mother's mischief in them.

Aurra was the odd one out - with blonde hair and blue eyes and no Force sensitivity. The only Noble without that connection. She was a bit shy as well, and stood behind her Mother's leg.

"It has been too long," Valery said with a warm smile once Thurion drew closer. She then stepped forward, arms wide, and looked to pull him into a friendly hug to greet her dear friend. "How have you been, Thurion? You look good." Valery said with a warm smile.

"Hello! I'm Aeryn!" The little Noble chirped in addition.

Last edited:
Greeted by not one, not two, and not even three, but four Nobles at once was quite a surprise to the lone visitor who beamed a big grin back at Val and the triplets. He crossed the threshold and was met with a big hug from the Sword, returning it wholeheartedly. Their warm embrace was of great comfort to him, for he worried often for the safety of the Nobles. They were the public face of the Jedi as a whole, as he'd once been, and there was no shortage of enemies. He knew Kahlil was never far from Val and vice versa, but it still felt good to check up on them in person.

"Val, my dear," he returned the greeting. "As radiant as ever. Motherhood becomes you, trumped by only one other person I know." Memories of his wife's pregnancies were some of his most treasured. Almost immediately one of the children chirped up.

"Hello there," he knelt before the little brunette, instantly recognising the unmistakable resemblance to her mother. "Aeryn," he pointed at her, then to the boy next to her. "And you must be Adam." The silver hair and eyes were as striking as those of the boy's father. He then peeked past Adam's shoulder to find the third and final triplet too shy to show herself.

"Aurra," he said softly. "Last we met, you were all safely tucked inside your mummy's tummy. I am very happy, in here," he touched his chest above his heart, "to finally see you standing here before me, you have no idea." Nothing like the innocence of children to dispel dark thoughts or a heavy heart. He invited the two in front into a big hug, but when the third wouldn't join them Thurion held out a hand large enough to fit her entire head.

"My first daughter was shy like you, once. She was born without a voice, but as she grew she found her confidence, and eventually her voice as well. You will too, one day. You can trust Uncle Thurion on that."

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Valery couldn't help but blush and smile at the kind words of one of her dearest friends. Life often made it impossible for them to see each other, but there wasn't a day without worry over the safety and well-being of him and his family. Perhaps, one day, she could meet all of them together.

Preferably with a Galaxy at peace.

Her eyes then shifted down as Thurion knelt before her kids, and much to her surprise, they were quiet. Something about Thurion always had this calming effect, and even the chaotic little Nobles were enthralled by him. Aeryn smiled and rocked a little on her heels, and Adam just saw a man who had to be a warrior! Someone great to look up to, much like his father.

They eagerly threw themselves into a hug.

Only little Aurra stayed back, but when Thurion took a moment to address her with kind words, she looked up at her Mom. Valery quietly nodded to encourage her, and Aurra stepped away to slowly walk over and offer a gentle hug. "Uncle Thurion is one of Mommy and Daddy's best friends," Valery told the little ones, who glanced back up at her.

"Be very nice to him, alright?"

"Okay!" they chirped in unison.

Valery smiled happily and looked at Thurion, "Please, come inside and make yourself feel at home. I made tea and baked some snacks too, if you'd like to try some?"

He gently kissed Aurra's head once she'd joined the group hug as she'd shown the most courage in coming out of her comfort zone. Timidness like hers should be nurtured carefully, or she may fall deeper into its clutches with age. Thrusting a shy person into the limelight will only cause harm, but demonstrating to her that doing things out of your comfort zone - even something as simple as greeting a stranger - isn't inherently dangerous.

Thurion rose to his full height again as he was invited inside and looked down at the sweet girl before offering his hand. "Will you help show me around, Aurra? Having someone brave like you by my side would make me feel much safer."

Undoing the clasp of his cloak with his free hand, he hung it on the coat rack while kicking off his leather boots, placing them neatly in the corner beside the front door. "Well, would you look at that," he remarked. One of his socks had a hole big enough for his big toe to poke through. "Did one of you do this," he asked the triplets, chuckling playfully.

With Aurra in hand, he followed Val to where the promised snacks were said to reside. "I do have a bit of a sweet tooth," he confessed while carefully choosing one of the baked goods, taking a good whiff of its sweet scent before popping the whole thing in his mouth. "Oh boy... oh boy..." he exclaimed in between chews, eventually swallowing. "So like, this is what you guys do all day, right? 'Cause I'd just hang around eating sweets all day."

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

After Thurion rose back up to his feet and offered his hand, Aurra first turned to her Mom. She was taught to always be careful with strangers, but this was mostly because of her being shy. Uncle Thurion was very comforting, but the little Noble would need some time to open up completely.

With a dip of her head, Valery told Aurra it was okay and the blonde didn't hesitate. She took the offered hand, smiled, and stepped ahead of everybody else to lead him into their home. As eager Aeryn and Adam were, they let their sister lead the way. They knew what it meant to her.

Once inside, Aurra let go of his hand so he could take off his coat and boots. The triplets all patiently waited around him, until he mentioned the hole in his sock. All three started to giggle, but Aeryn was the only one to speak, "Not me!" she yelled before disappearing down the hallway to rush over to the couch.

and the snackies.

"Usually, Kahlil will bake us snacks," Valery said with a warm smile after getting settled. "He's much better at baking than I am, but don't tell him I said that." They always had their little bits of competition. "How are things going for you at home?"

Thurion was offered a seat in one of the armchairs, careful not to squish any of the cushions underneath his wide frame. He found the simple act of sitting down more relieving than he should, taking the weight off his feet. Lately, it seemed he was feeling more tired by the day, or perhaps he had yet to recuperate from his exhaustive duel with Carnifex fully.

"My lips are sealed," he smiled, running his fingers along his lips as if to zip his mouth shut. When asked about how things were going back home, he considered for a moment before answering, poker face intact for the sake of the children.

"It's been... eventful," he nodded, summing it up. "Many revelations, some pleasant, others... less so." He found himself caressing a fresh scar adorning his left hand, sustained in battle - another addition to his vast collection. There were words he wished to share with Val, but he dared not in the presence of the triplets. Preserving the innocence of children was ever prevalent in his mind.

"Hey, kids," he turned to the triplets on the couch while digging into one of his pockets. "I just remembered, I brought you something." He pulled out a round disc-shaped object and let it sit in his palm facing the little ones. Using his thumb, he flicked the little switch on the back of the object, causing the big round eye to light up before blinking a mechanical eyelid as if awoken from a nap.

"This is N4-NI, but you can call her Nanny. I started working on her the day the three of you were born, and she can't wait to meet you." The tiny droid hovered from his hand over to the triplets, scanning them one by one to imprint on them. "She loves to play games. Why don't you go try her out? She's great at hide-and-seek."

Nanny chirped happily, eager to go play with her newfound friends.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Valery gave him a knowing look. Even without using the Force, she could tell that there was something he needed to share. Something that wasn't appropriate for little kids to hear. So, when he offered the kids a toy to keep them distracted, Valery leaned forward and gently helped Aurra off the couch, "Wow, look at that!" She said excitedly. "Isn't she cute?" Valery smiled and looked up at Thurion while the kids were intently focused on the little droid.

They loved it.

"She's cute!" Aeryn called out, and naturally, she was the first to walk over for a closer look. But she was just as quick to step aside and let her siblings get a better look, too.

They were going to play together.

The kids ran off with the droid a split-second later to play hide and seek, and Valery just let out a happy little sigh. She couldn't frown when they were like that, even if she knew that bad news was on the horizon.

"What happened, Thurion?" Valery asked with a warm, caring tone. "Are you alright?"

Thurion chuckled at the triplets' fascination with their new friend, eyes following them as they ran off to play. He remained seated for a bit, allowing a moment of quiet to pass uninterrupted. It felt good to sit and enjoy the calm - to pretend that there were no worries in the world - now more than ever. Inevitably, however, the true reason for his visit was forced to reveal itself.

He pushed off the arms of the armchair, calmly stepped over to the window, and looked outside at the village of refugees.

"Just... frazzled," he assured her, unable to come up with a better word. "It was something Kaine said back on Yavin. Many years ago, I made a deal with the Dark Lord to leave Midvinter in peace in exchange for my services during one of their campaigns. No doubt you've heard of it; how the oh-so-noble king forsook his honour to treat with the devil, dooming others to safeguard his kingdom."

And he would do it all again; run his name through the dirt if it meant the continuation of his homeworld. He dared not look at Val for fear of any hint of disappointment.

"On Yavin, he told me the deal still stands. He will not touch Midvinter as long as I am her sovereign, but when I shuffle this mortal coil, he will descend upon my people with unrivalled brutality and cruelty. Normally, I can see through idle threats or grandstanding, but something about his words... terrified me. The thought that, once I am no more, he will hunt down and eradicate everything I've nurtured and fought so hard for, without me being there to protect them."

His children, his grandchildren, his people... It was enough to force a tear down his cheek, swiftly wiped away. He finally mustered enough courage to face Val with his request only to see one of the triplets run past the doorframe to find a hiding spot.

"You have a beautiful family, Valery. I am honoured to be considered a part of it, however insignificant, and should the worst come to pass I would care for them as my own. I guess what I'm asking is... when the time comes... will you please look after my family? Can I trust the Alliance to defend Midvinter?"

His weathered hands were visibly trembling, he was so afraid to ask. It wasn't the question itself, but rather the subject matter. In that moment of frailty, he may well have looked his age for once, stripped of majesty or strength.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Valery remained seated while she watched him rise to his feet. A somber aura lingered around the King — her dear friend — and she wanted to give him the space and time to find the right words. A heavy weight rested on his heart, and no matter what it was, Valery would do just about anything in her power to help him carry it. She knew he'd do the same for her and her family, and both she and Kahlil would do it for him, too.

He was like family to them.

When he finally began to speak, Valery listened intently and gently dipped her head, "I've heard about it," she said softly, though her voice betrayed no opinion of that decision. In reality, she wasn't really sure what her opinion on it was. From an outside perspective, it was easy to judge a Jedi cooperating with a Sith, but it had been for the future of his home, his people, and his family.

The only thing that stung, was that it had only been a temporary solution.

"That's a very reasonable fear to have, but you're not alone, Thurion." Valery stood up once he made his request and walked over to him. She took his hands into her own and gently ran her thumbs over his knuckles, "I'm hoping for the day where you can live with your people on Midvintir without him being around anymore. But should he live while you're gone...." she paused and offered him a comforting smile.

"You have my word that I'll protect your people and take care of your family." She closed the small gap that remained and pulled him into a hug if he needed an outlet for his emotions.

"Besides," Valery added, now with a faint smirk tugging at her lips, "I've made it a bit of a hobby to obstruct the Dark Lord and ruin his plans. I'll gladly do it again if he dares come after Midvintir."

The touch of her hands was soothing. They were petite, her slender fingers, especially when compared with the gentle giant being comforted, yet did not lack any of the power of the rest of her sculpted self, like his Coci. He'd always been drawn to strong women, and Val was certainly strong.

He raised his gaze from her hands to her eyes, finding such passion and devotion to what she does. That same fire used to reside in him, but seeing it in her now brought him courage. When the hug was offered, he responded in kind by putting both arms around her, holding her tight.

"My sweet child," he whispered past her ear. "I've been blessed to have known many spectacular souls in my long life. I've also been blessed with many magnificent children and grandchildren, each as wonderful and loving as the next. Today, I feel truly blessed."

Upon the natural conclusion of their embrace, Val would mysteriously find two rings depicting a lion's face, delicately crafted by the finest goldsmith in Heavenheim. "These rings are worn by every member of House Heavenshield," he said, showing his. "I would be greatly honoured to present you and Kahlil with a pair."

He stood straight, reclaiming the majesty fitting for the occasion. "These are no mere baubles," he explained. "Wearing these denotes you as members of the royal family, with all the respect and courtesy that comes with it. Should my bloodline come to an end, it will ensure my people's continued cooperation and fealty. They will follow you, and they will come to love you as I love you. It also means you and your family will always have a home on Midvinter."

Thurion closed her hand around the rings in her palm. "I have wished you joy from the moment we met, Lady Valery of House Noble. I would never profess fatherhood over you or your husband; I dare not make such bold claims myself. Know, however, that you are as precious to me as any of my children. You may not have my blood, but you have my heart."

He let her go, taking a step back to give her a moment to consider. It was no small thing he asked of her, and he would not push her in either direction.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

After a comforting embrace and some kind words exchanged, Valery pulled back and felt him slip the rings into the palm of her hand. She looked down at them with a smile and gently brushed over the metal with her thumb. But these weren't simply, decorative pieces of jewelry — these had meaning just like wedding rings did. They didn't bind to a soulmate or partner but to an entire planet. To an entire people.

This request had a lot of weight to it.

"They're beautiful and..." she paused and let out a soft sigh, while a blush covered her cheeks. He had his way with words, like those characters from her romance novels. But he was real and he clearly cared a lot about the Nobles and trusted them. Enough to ask something like this of them.

"I will have to discuss it with my husband because he's technically in line to take the crown here, too." She wasn't sure if he'd ever want to, but she needed to be careful and not put him in a position where two planets might turn to him. "But I don't think that will become an issue, and if so... I'll happily accept." Valery clenched her hand around the rings a little tighter and looked up into the giant's eyes when he stepped back.

"But don't you dare die on us, alright?" Valery asked before lightly punching his chest. "Your time isn't up yet, my friend. For as long as you breathe and walk, I don't want to think about the end."

Thurion rubbed his chest where she had lightly punched him, feigning injury as a soft smile graced his lips anew and colour seemed to return to his very being, reinvigorating the ageing king. He bowed in the traditional Jedi way, taking her hand in his and placing a kiss upon it while bent forward. "Bless you, Master Jedi, for rekindling this old man's hope for the future."

He became more relaxed now that the request had been made, feeling the weight on his shoulders lessened. "This is merely another precaution," he stated. "I have every trust in my son and whoever he eventually chooses to inherit the throne down the line. I just wanted to make sure that... if the worst should come to pass... I can still rest easy knowing Midvinter's promising future will not be wasted, nor laid to waste."

The Lion stood there, regarding Valery with blue eyes that somehow still retained their kindness despite the horrors they'd witnessed. It was comforting, just standing in his friend's presence. Back home, he'd take every opportunity to do things he liked to do, but those moments were few and far between when you're the ultimate decision-maker for an entire planet and forging ever stronger bonds with three other races. Whereas here, in this new world with no titles or responsibilities, he could simply be.

A toddler's sudden wailing in an adjacent room had his ears perk up, demanding his attention. "The littlest one," he gasped, having forgotten all about the most recent addition to her growing family. As if called to action, Thurion gently strode into the room to find the crib holding the crying babe.

"Well, who do we have here," he grinned wide like the proudest grandpa there ever was, plucking the dissatisfied child from its resting place with unsurpassed gentleness. "Look at you..." The toddler soon quietened down as he stared at the stranger with the widest eyes. Thurion rested him on his arm and began that finely-honed cradling technique he'd mastered decades ago.

"What's his name," he turned to the boy's mother with a whisper.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Valery dipped her head after a quick roll of the eyes when he rubbed his chest, "I know, and should the worst happen, I'll be there to help. Just... I need to talk to Kahlil about it as well." She doubted that he would be opposed, but it just wouldn't be right to accept any decision on his behalf. They were a team as husband and wife, and it meant discussing decisions like this. Especially ones with so much potential impact.

"That said, if something were to happen to you, I'd also travel to Midvintir. I'll make sure your family can inherit the throne and feel protected. Perhaps the Alliance can offer its assistance, too." If the Sith were coming after them, it surely couldn't be hard to convince the Alliance to offer aid.

The crying of her baby, however, pulled Valery's mind away from such thoughts. She turned, smiled, and followed after Thurion to enter the little one's room. "His name is Eryx," Valery said while she watched Thurion carefully handle the baby, "He'll soon be a year old already. Crazy, huh?" She chuckled and the sound of her voice seemed to spark something in him. His little green eyes shifted to Mom, and with some loud squealing and flailing, he asked for her attention.

"He's very much a Mama's boy."

Thurion raised the young life until their eyes lined up, his giant hands secured around his tiny shape. "We welcome thee, Eryx of House Noble and son of Kahlil and Valery. May thine heart shine bright and bring joy wherever thine feet tread. May thine eyes perceive falsehoods and thine voice stir the hearts of thine peers. Long life to thee, little one, and may the sun shine ever upon thee."

Eryx seemed to listen intently but inevitably started wriggling in Thurion's firm but gentle grasp. The King knew not to restrain the little warrior and turned to Val, passing her youngest boy back into her care. He remained in her immediate presence, standing behind her as she cradled her son. His hands found her shoulders, giving them a friendly squeeze as if to steady her.

"More sons should be raised in worship of their mother," Thurion said, being reminded of his guiding light growing up. On Midvinter, sons were traditionally taught to honour their sires and grandsires above their mothers, but he did not grow up a Child of Midvinter. He grew momentarily solemn, thinking back to his adoptive mother whose life was cut short by Kaine when he needed her most, but such dark thoughts were pushed back by the soft squeal of the toddler being comforted.

"It will pass," he added with a smile. "Kahlil's time to shine will come. All children require a strong male role model; he is that and more."

Thurion found that he could remain like this in perpetuity, to witness the first steps of another life recently brought into the world. If strong men took more pleasure in providing life than ending it, the galaxy would be a far better place. It had been his greatest joy, becoming a father. It gave him the chance to correct what had befallen him and his older brother. To be better.

He reached around Val to caress Eryx's cheek, only to have his big thumb caught by the toddler's strong grip.

"He is beautiful," he whispered, leaning down to place a fatherly kiss atop Val's head.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

"Oh, he loves his father, too," Valery said while she looked at the baby in her arms and wiggled her finger near his belly. Eryx squealed and grasped for it, clearly happy to have his Mother's attention. "But little Eryx can get... jealous." She looked up and over her shoulder to meet Thurion's gaze. It immediately proved her point, as Eryx began to whine until her gaze shifted back to the little boy.

He was very attention-needy, and not afraid to show it.

Thurion's arm then came around and Eryx was quick to snatch one of his big fingers. Valery chuckled and couldn't stop smiling. She raised a hand up to gently caress her son's face and drew in a breath of pure joy. These were the better things in life — being focused on her children with a close friend around.

As he leaned down and placed a fatherly kiss atop her head, Valery glanced up and smiled, "Why don't you stay longer? The other kids will be back later tomorrow, and I'm sure they'd love to see you. I could show you more of the settlement."

Thurion was most grateful for the offer to stay overnight, having expected to return home by nightfall, or at the very least spend the night back in his ship. He inclined his head, touching her forehead with his in that most intimate and loving fashion among his people. His arms wrapped themselves around her waist, embracing her from behind — perhaps clinging to her a tad tighter than he should've, but to someone whose list of friends had diminished greatly over the decades, he felt all the more protective of those few who remained.

"Thank you, Valery. Perhaps a day or two in this place will help shake the weariness from these old bones. I accept."

The Lion reached down to touch the toddler's forehead, muttering something akin to a blessing in his native tongue. They were the same words he'd uttered when greeting every child and grandchild of his into the world. Eryx did not seem to care either way, being far too busy clinging to his mother to notice.

"I'll go grab my stuff," he said, turning to exit the nursery. He stopped before crossing the threshold, chuckling. "I long to see little Vera again, though I suppose she's not so little anymore!"

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Valery's eyes closed when his forehead settled against her own, and her lips tugged up into a smile. She could feel how much this meant to him, and she wanted him to know that it was mutual. Her list of friends had grown ever since she stepped out of stasis, but few were as close to her heart as Thurion was. He was someone special to the family, and this was one small moment to cherish that relationship.

"You know," Valery said when she felt the tightness of his grip around her waist, "You might just break me if you keep that up." She smirked and slowly withdrew while her eyes shifted up and up to meet his gaze.

Thurion then attempted to draw some more attention from the little one, but in his Mother's arm, he was unlikely to offer much of a response. There was a special bond between Valery and all of her children, but Eryx was drawn to her in a way none of the kids had while they were little.

It made her quite the happy Mom.

"Oh no," Valery said at the mention of Vera, "She's almost as tall as me now," Valery chuckled but there was some fun, motherly kind of pain in her eyes, too. Her baby was going to be bigger than her soon, and there wasn't a thing she could do about it.

Having stowed away his belongings and settled in the guest bedroom, a famished Thurion was invited to dine with Valery and the kids. He happily accepted and was offered a seat at their table, spending much of the time entertaining the triplets with grand tales of his exploits, each less believable than the last, but all of them true — albeit with some embellishments to better captivate the young. The lively storytelling was brought into the living room, where Thurion demonstrated the traditions of his people in front of the fireplace, the triplets spread out across the floor, listening intently.

"Long ago, in the dawn of the First Age, the first Men dwelled in caves, too fearful to brave the untamed wilderness outside. In his jealousy, Velkar, the Trickster God, sought to bring ruin to the All-Father's favoured creation by prematurely gifting them the secret of fire," he explained, running his fingers through the lit fireplace behind him to the children's fascination. "He appeared before them in the guise of just another man, carrying a torch in the form of a bramble set alight. People flocked around him, attempting to touch the dancing flames only to recoil from the sudden pain, either burned by the fire or stung by the thorny shrub. Believing his mischievous deed was done, Velkar attempted to return to the Realm of the Gods. But in crossing the All-Father, the God of Fire and Mischief was denied access and exiled. Worse still, in the days and months to follow, Mankind did not perish to this strange, new force of destruction, but had rather learnt to harness its warmth and light to better their existence."

Thurion sat down in front of the kids, legs crossed. "There are some who say Velkar's intentions were pure all along, and that he wished to illuminate Mankind because he pitied their cold and dark existence. Who's to say for certain? In any case, the Race of Men discovered that they no longer needed to fear the darkness of night or the frozen world outside their caves, and would venture out to lay claim to the land and tame beasts to plow fields and raise cattle. They had conquered their fears, and one day their descendants would found the first Kingdom of Midvinter."

That was the myth of Early Man, of course, for he would not speak of the sins committed against the peaceful Beorni in front of children.

The hour was late, and after such vivid storytelling, the little Nobles had all but fallen asleep where they lay on the floor, huddled together by the fireplace. Thurion looked up at Valery on the couch cradling Eryx and smiled.

"I'll help put them to bed," he whispered, more than happy to tuck them in. The gentle giant plucked two of the triplets off the floor and carried them into their shared bedroom, slipping them into bed with neither being the wiser.

Once all the little ones were tucked in for the night, Thurion shared a friendly drink with Valery by the fireplace. Of course, as someone who didn't touch alcohol or hot drinks, Thurion settled for a cold glass of blue milk — his favourite since childhood.

"What a lovely night it's been, Val. I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom